? Mimi 11/22 AMPS 262 +6 60 +9 53 Question

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mimis mom, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Mimis mom

Mimis mom Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Did you have a question?

tiffmaxee likes this.
  3. Mimis mom

Yea sorry- I forgot to hit update- just did

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

The only way to know how Mimi will respond is to try out not providing several small meals and see what happens. There's no way to predict what will happen.

Mimis mom likes this.
  5. Mimis mom

Mimi +9 is 53
    Should I feed her something again? She’s making tiny hunger/confused meows

Is she hungry or does she just need a little sugar of some kind to bring her up?

6. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Sorry no one got back to you. I save syrup/sugar for below 50 and when MC/HC isn't doing the trick. It wears off faster than food so you need to test more often to make sure kitty stays up when using it

It is a tricky time of the cycle to deal with a drop. +9 is toward the end of the cycle, so you hopefully have the benefit of the insulin wearing off a little. But you need to know thy cat. Some cats, mine included, will often dip lower right at the end of a cycle.

If my cat pulled a 53 at +9, I'd have given her a tsp of LC and checked her BG again in 20 minutes. If there was no change or she went lower, then I'd give a tsp of MC. If she went up, I'd withhold food, check again at +10 and possibly feed her another tsp of LC or MC depending on her BG number. I'd be thinking about keeping the cat at or above 50 for preshot time so I don't have to skip the shot. You can technically feed up to +10 without worrying about the "withhold food two hours prior to insulin" guideline.

On your spreadsheet it shows 53 @+7, and the +9 cell is blank. So I'm not totally sure what happened. I hope Mimi surfed safely yesterday and overnight. :)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    Mimis mom likes this.
  7. Mimis mom

Sh
    She did- thank you!!! Sorry for the late response.
    I’ve been lazy posting on here. I’m just starting to believe she’s a forever sugar kitty so while I do keep up on everything I’ve been unmotivated posting about it because it’s been the same.

8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Best to start a new condo and refer back to this one by linking.