Mimi 6/30 AMPS 195, surged +4 75 +5 83 then PMPS 317! :(

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mimis mom, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Mimis mom

Mimis mom Well-Known Member

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Or she had a fast drop at onset, saw something that frightened her, or she's a cat. Try not to stress about one number.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  3. Mimis mom

Mimis mom Well-Known Member

Stressing about today’s number which is 440... I’m switching back to Relion from Freestyle because the strips are too hard to find now on EBay with the international markets closed.
    FS was 288. I know I’m not supposed to get hung up on numbers but why aren’t we recognizing that Relion reads higher than FS- like every single time? We recognize it on the Alphatrak2? It’s not as important I see when the margin of error at higher numbers will be off but what about a reading under 100- could make a huge difference in TR right? For example- it could read 52 let’s say on the Relion but 41 on the FS or even lower which I’ve experienced? one reading gives an automatic reduction while the other says stay at dose.
    Could she have been lower than 131 at +7 this morning because it was measured on a Relion? I mean how big of a difference is there? From what I’ve been measuring when it’s in the lower numbers it’s for sure at least 15 if not 20 points... how can I ignore this? :(

do we need to do the error implications that can be from a number of popular meters we all use here? Like how we did with the brand of syringes?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sounds to me like you are getting hung up on numbers. :p If you've read any other posts here, especially for new people, we often say "pick one meter and stick with it, or you'll drive yourself crazy". If this is a permanent switch to the Relion, that'll be OK. Don't worry about big differences at high numbers, that doesn't imply big differences at lower numbers, where it's more important that they be close.

And Rosa - one post per day please on this forum.