? Mimi 9/16 AMPS 286 PMPS 91 +1 89 - question about intervention with food

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mimis mom, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Mimis mom

Mimis mom Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...ee-if-she-keeps-dropping.235380/#post-2636027

So since she didn’t rise at +1 what should I do- assume it will be an active cycle? How long should I wait to test her to see if she’s dropping too low. These times confuse me a little because if I intervene with MC or HC early in the cycle because it may drop while I’m sleeping- would I be falsely keeping her above acceptable numbers when she might have fallen below 40 had I not and earned a reduction? Does that make sense?

@tiffmaxee

@Wendy&Neko

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

It will likely be an active cycle. I’d get a +3. I used to feed and monitor up to +5-6 and kept Max surfing. You could feed and test until you need to sleep and use an auto feeder.

3. Mimis mom

Mimis mom Well-Known Member

Only thing is if I keep her surfing thst will be good for this cycle but could it falsely show she doesn’t need a reduction when she might?

4. tiffmaxee

No. If she really needs one she will earn it. Look at Jax and Butters

KittenTheCat and Butters & Lyla like this.
  5. tiffmaxee

Check out Butters and Jax.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

What Elise said.
    I do a lot of food propping with Butters. No amount of food that I give her matters when she truly needs a reduction. There is an example if you look in Butters' spreadsheet:
    Select the page called "Active Cycle BGs & Food" where I started tracking her BG readings and amount of food I was feeding just in a long list. It is still a work in progress, but look at September 12th when she earned a reduction(in bold). Look at how much HC I gave her throughout that entire day, and she still dove below 50.
    All of that food propping did not keep her away from the sharks, ultimately. But it made me clear in my mind that she really needed the reduction.

ETA: I had a link but it doesn't work for anyone except me. If you go into my spreadsheet from my signature, you can find the page there.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020