? Mimi PMPS 127. +1 114 +3 56,- is STARVING (ate only 2 hours ago) +3.25 94

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mimis mom, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Mimis mom

Mimis mom Well-Known Member

2. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

Sandra And Buddy (GA) Well-Known Member

It Looks like you shot at 11:50 last night? This mornings should be 12 hours from that, unless you are going to try to get back on track with time, then you can do 15 mins earlier. and then 15 mins earlier for the pm shot.

3. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

Sandra And Buddy (GA) Well-Known Member

Looks like you already shot? Did you get a test before the shot? its not on your SS

4. Mimis mom

No I did record it

Sandra And Buddy (GA) likes this.
  5. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Nice drop today for Mimi!

If you right click on that extra line in your SS, it will be highlighted and you'll see a drop down menu - you can click on 'delete' and it'll make that row go away...

6. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Looks like Mimi is clearing another bounce. Best to get a +10, Rosa.

7. Mimis mom

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  8. Mimis mom

what do you mean clearing another bounce? Like she's finishing one or about to start another one? (just double checking)

her +10 is 81.. just fed her. ketones .3 (I guess anything below .6 is considered negative)

9. Mimis mom

also, what does "surfing" mean?

10. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Hi Rosa, just a small favour to ask, can you please do one post a day, and link to yesterday's post. It will be hard to keep track of you since you have two posts going today. This subgroup forum is very busy, so it will help us to keep all of today's advice in one post, okay?

What Marje meant is that it appears that Mimi is recovering quickly from the bounce that happened yesterday when she got to the lower 100s. Bounces can happen when the numbers drop too quickly or when they reach lower numbers they aren't used to. Their system kicks in (pancreas and liver) to dump extra "sugars". See a more detailed explanation if you'd like here http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/the-basics-new-to-the-group-start-here.18139/

Another good example of when Mimi bounced was on November 6th. Lower numbers in the a.m. cycle resulted in higher numbers in the p.m. cycle. She then cleared those higher bouncy numbers the next day, as seen by the numbers progressively getting lower through the a.m. cycle.

Marje wanted to see the +10 because she recognized that Mimi was coming down, by your +8 of 115. Some kitties linger in higher numbers and it can take usually up to 6 cycles to clear, and get back into better numbers. Mimi is already into better numbers, and still coming down. Does this help?

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  11. Mimis mom

Yes, and her +10 was 81... getting nervous to test her at +12..

12. Marje and Gracie

Can you please update your subject line to the usual format? We don’t know what DBT is and it’s better to just do the normal format.

Clearing the bounce means the counterregulatory hormones that raised her BG are clearing out and the BG is going to drop. You can see it has started. You are going to be in for a busy night, I believe.
    I’m glad you fed at +10. Don’t feed anymore and please test her a little before her PMPS which should be 12 hours from this morning’s shot since you shot early, correct? Or are you shooting early 15 mins each cycle?

Fun terms for you to know including surfing :D

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  13. Mimis mom

Also, I don't know how the order of the posts go- if I was now at the bottom or something, and her drop to 81 might need more attention. I also thought maybe enough time passed throughout the day I could post another?
    I just get nervous no one will see my post and Ill be lingering around nervous about what to do.

14. Christie & Maverick

Mimis mom likes this.
  15. Mimis mom

16. Christie & Maverick

All good, don't worry, it takes time to figure things out here :bighug:. If you need to get your post to the top you can just post your comment like I am doing now...some people just say bump, and that gets your post on the top of the posts. Marje has asked some questions and made some important comments on your other post, please have a quick look. She should be able to combine these two posts.

17. Marje and Gracie

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  18. Mimis mom

when was the drop? do you mean because she recently bounced she would normally be in higher numbers for a while? (sorry still learning what everything means)

19. Mimis mom

I need to get back on schedule before sunday- I work at 10 am and I have a full book of clients, so Im hoping to get her back to 9:30 again.... She's 115 right now- and Im hoping to shoot her very soon- so I can get back, should I just feed her and do it? or no.

20. Mimis mom

21. Mimis mom

what about her reading right now.

22. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

Rosa, post a PMPS (15 minutes before the last shot time) and we’ll go from there. A lot can happen to BGs even in half an hour to an hour.

23. Mimis mom

I read the TR again and it sounded like I can shoot- she rose to 127 so I did it.. Hopefully she doesn't tank like she did the other day.. I only have fancy feast gravy lovers on hand- should I mix it with her raw to balance out the carb level in case I need it?

24. Mimis mom

Hey I see Ming has chronic pancreatitis- how did you find that out?

25. Crista & Ming

Please get a +1 and +2.

Do you have honey or maple syrup?

That should be fine but use your last can sparingly. If you hit a lower number, please post here and someone should say how much to feed.

Of course, if Mimi goes under 50, it’s usually 1 tsp of FF gravy and then retest in 20 mins. If she goes even lower and exhibits symptoms, then honey is your best option for a quick boost. But we’re getting ahead of ourselves right now.

Mimis mom likes this.
  26. Crista & Ming

He had multiple pancreatitis episodes and have done some regular specFPL tests. Once he had active pancreatitis with zero symptoms.

27. Mimis mom

I’m going to run out of Relion test strips- 3 left - I have freestyle lite which I plan on switching to after this is done because it takes way too much blood and freestyle required almost nothing

28. Mimis mom

I have honey, maple syrup, and caro syrup. Should I just add a drop of the syrup to her raw to feed her so I’m not switching her to something cooked which she doesn’t eat anymore?

29. Crista & Ming

Honey doesn’t last as long in the body as opposed to HC but it’s doable. It just means you will need to test more in case numbers continue to drop after the honey wears off.

Hopefully others will chime in with advice on feeding.

30. Crista & Ming

Rosa, can you update the title of your condo with the DATE and the latest PMPS number? You can delete all the numbers for the AM cycle.

31. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Rosa what are the names of the FF gravy lovers that you have?
    They should be high carb and should be ok to use if Mimi drops down.
    Any higher carb food you feed, please document in the SS remarks column for people to see and for you to look at later to see what works.
    You can also add honey or Karo to ordinary low carb to get high carb.
    I found honey lasted a maximum of 1 1/2 hours in Sheba.

Crista & Ming likes this.
  32. Crista & Ming

Ah I see Mimi didn't get much of a food bump at +1. When you get a +2, can you post here so I get a notification?

33. Crista & Ming

Is it time for +2 yet, Rosa?

Again can you add the date to your title.

34. Mimis mom

just missed it- I don't know what happened, I must have slept through the alarm. tested- it was 56- fed her some raw and some FF gravy lovers- inhaled it like she's never eaten in her entire life- is crying right now for more- WHAT DO I DO?

35. Mimis mom

36. Crista & Ming

Good job feeding. Can you test again now?

37. Mimis mom

got a reading about 15 minutes ago and it went up to 94- going to wait till its been 30 just so I don't drive myself nuts

38. Mimis mom

new reading 101- with Freestyle Lite- ran out of test strips for Relion. I know the Lite reads lower so Im assuming its higher than that. going back to sleep for a half hour? I am So tired, - delerious

39. Mimis mom

I didn't go back to sleep, and I ate some cereal to kick me awake a little. tested again- 88 (again with FS meter)
    Mimi is grooming herself- acting a little hungry but not ravenous like before. Its been about 30 minutes since she last ate.

40. Mimis mom

should I feed her more now? higher carb since we are reaching nadir and don't want it to drop too much or.

41. Crista & Ming

Hi Rosa. Sorry I fell asleep too! Give me 5 minutes to catch up.

42. Crista & Ming

I would hold off on food for now since you’re about to test in 15 minutes just to see if she can hold her own. I just don’t want you to load her up on food and she won’t eat when we really need it.

Normally I’d say go ahead and feed some LC or MC.

43. Crista & Ming

I’m still here for maybe an hour, Rosa. Hope you’re able to test soon!

44. Mimis mom

Just tested 129

45. Crista & Ming

That's great! You didn't feed Mimi since the 88 reading, correct? If so, I think Mimi is safe and you can probably leave her some LC food if you need to sleep.

46. Mimis mom

Might have eaten Batman’s food though - I had his feeder set different and I forgot to shut my door again. Currently so tired (me)
    Thanks for all of your help tonight!

47. Mimis mom

Dammit I don’t remember -
    I don’t think..: my brain is fried.

48. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

When she went from that 305 at AMPS to 115 at +8 - that looked like a nice drop - just that she's gotten out of that higher unhealthy pink number and down to a nice blue number - we just say that numbers in the blues and greens are nicer because they're healthier numbers for kitty. Good that you're testing often and catch those great numbers - even a beautiful green yesterday as well! Nice job!

Mimis mom likes this.