? PMPS is 3.7, AMPS was 20, on SLGS

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CB Terri, Dec 15, 2020.

1. CB Terri

CB Terri Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-45-mins-8-8-good-10-8-3.239934/#post-2698734

So the other night Cotton had a 2.9 and we stalled, skipped the night, and reduced his dose to 2.75 from 3.
    Today his appetite was off, he'd tossed a couple of hairballs and didn't eat much. Tonight he didnt want to eat either and his PMPS was 3.9. I managed to convince him to eat a little FF medleys with gravy.

May I skip shot tonight and resume 2.75 tomorrow am?
    Or shall I test over next couple of hours and then shoot?
    Recommendations and insights please?
    Thankyou all!

2. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

CB Terri likes this.
  3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Now that you have fed, I would skip the dose. Get some more tests in this cycle to see the numbers are coming up. Next time you can stall, don’t feed and test again 20 mins later to see if the BG is coming up.
    Cotton has earned a reduction in dose on SLGS down to 2.5 units.
    Are you able to get some tests in during the cycles. At the moment we have no real idea how the dose is working for Cotton.
    I suspect he is dropping low during the cycles and then bouncing back into black numbers.
    Try and always get a before bed test in every night. If the before bed test is the same or lower than the peshot number that is telling you it’s most likely an active cycle and you will need to set the alarm and test again.
    Also can you get some tests during the day in during your days off?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  4. CB Terri

CB Terri Member

I will test again tonight at least 2x. I can't really get a curve until we get back into our home - the contractor that is supposed to be dealing with the fire damages is not showing up so we have had to clean up all the debris, board up our windows, and it's a fair bit of travel from where we are staying to get to our house. As mentioned in my linked thread, I had planned to get a curve done when all the chaos came up last week. He had been doing well and steady up till that night of the 9th.

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I agree with Bron. With SLGS and not feeling great I would not have shot a 67 PMPS. I hope he feels better.

CB Terri likes this.
  6. CB Terri

CB Terri Member

Good. My inclination was to skip tonight, and shoot tomorrow. But I would have done tomorrow morning a full 2.75, not 2.5 - because I thought his lower number at pmps was due to not eating as much today as usual, not because he isnt needing the full amount when eating what he normally does (3 full cans of FF).
    So is there a written guide for when to reduce/increase regular dose rather than just skip and then resume? People mention 'earning' a .25 raise or lower but I don't recall reading if this should be a one-off. I though we were to try to keep to a dosd for a week.
    I am not disagreeing with anyone, just want to make sure I understand the 'dose logic' of reductions :)

7. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

CB Terri likes this.
  8. CB Terri

CB Terri Member

Thank you Bron & Sheba, that is what I was missing.
    But does that account for missed-meal day?
    I must go re-read and see if there is an indication of whrn to raise it again.