TYLER'S JOURNEY #3

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Diane Tyler's Mom, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I forgot how to do a skinny @MrWorfMen's Mom take a look at #98

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

I am heading out tomorrow AM around 9:45/10am. I will check in before I leave in case there are questions but won't be around all day. Expect to be home for night cycle though. :)

3. MrWorfMen's Mom

Ok you caught me. I typed bottom of line and should have typed top of half unit line. I corrected post #89. My bad! :oops:

4. MrWorfMen's Mom

I think we cross posted. See # 103. ;)

5. Diane Tyler's Mom

Yes I saw it , now I understand @MrWorfMen's Mom

6. Diane Tyler's Mom

No don't leave me lol only kidding, thanks for checking in tomorrow before you leave, I will talk to you then, is there ever going to come a time when I will be able to decide what dose to give him, I'm really starting to learn more and it's all because of you @MrWorfMen's Mom

7. MrWorfMen's Mom

I think you know what to do and if ever you are questioning yourself, take the conservative choice. Tyler will be fine and catch up next cycle if you go a bit conservative. Better too high for a day than too low for a moment. ;)

8. Diane Tyler's Mom

Yes that's what I was saying to myself better to high for a day, I'll talk to you in the am and enjoy your day @MrWorfMen's Mom

9. Diane Tyler's Mom

10. Diane Tyler's Mom

11. MrWorfMen's Mom

Sounds good to me! :)

12. Diane Tyler's Mom

Ok , enjoy your day and will talk tonight @MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  13. Diane Tyler's Mom

SATURDAY 6-29-19
    AMPS - 178 shooting 0.5 FAT
    +2 - 111 gave some FF
    +3.5 - 124 didn't want any food until around 2:00 pm
    +6 - 155 @MrWorfMen's Mom will test his PMPS at 9:00 pm @MrWorfMen's Mom

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  14. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom hi Linda
    What did you think if Tyler's numbers today shooting the 0.5 FAT
    Well tonight's PMPS Saturday 6-29-19 was
    PMPS - 217 damn lol
    What do you think stay with the 0.5 FAT?

15. MrWorfMen's Mom

Curious he is that high at PMPS. Yes I would stick with the fat 0.5u for tonight.

16. Diane Tyler's Mom

Yes so am I ,what did you think of his numbers today @MrWorfMen's Mom

17. MrWorfMen's Mom

He hit nadir or what appears to be his nadir early. Not sure what to make of it but each day is a different story with these extra sweet fur kids so I wouldn't read too much into it. He got a nice low and didn't jump up too much but I wish that PMPS hadn't been that high. See what tomorrow brings.

18. Diane Tyler's Mom

Yes that nadir was puzzling, I wish his PMPS wasn't that high, when I saw it I said , Oh come on now Tyler lol, Can't wait to see where his nadir lands tonight. Hope you enjoyed your day out today, did your kitties miss you @MrWorfMen's Mom

19. Diane Tyler's Mom

SATURDAY 6-29-19
    PMPS - 217
    +2 - 119 fed him FF
    +3 - 134 didn't feed any food
    +4 - 134. (stayed the same) gave a little bit of Dr Elseys Clean Protein Dry
    -7 - 150
    Done testing until his PMPS @MrWorfMen's Mom

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  20. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom morning Linda
    Tested Tyler this am and got a 241 BG. Did it again in the other ear it was 224
    SUNDAY 6-30-19
    AMPS -224. I guess it's the FAT 0.5 u again @MrWorfMen's Mom
    How about last night's numbers? Should I feed him everytime I test him after he eats? I always feed him after +2 , let's say his BG stays the same like it did last night at +2 and +3 do you normally feed him again and then maybe after that? @MrWorfMen's Mom I am going to go with the FAT 0.5 u now @MrWorfMen's Mom

21. MrWorfMen's Mom

I love that he surfed in the blue for quite some time last night and 0.5u fat is fine this morning.

Tomorrow if he is high AMPS you might want to try a skinny 0.75u if you can monitor. I'd love to see a few high dark greens mixed in with those nice blues. Feeding is kind of a puzzle unique to each kitty. Whatever you did last night seems to have worked well and kept him surfing. Feeding can use up the insulin you give in some kitties while in others it seems to encourage their pancreas to pump out their own insulin to supplement what you give. Only by experimenting with feeding times can you find the optimal times for your kitty. I'd definitely stick with the feeding at +2 to slow down the drop and avoid feeding too late in the cycle (roughly +7 or 8 on) but otherwise you can experiment a bit to see what works best.

22. Diane Tyler's Mom

Hey Linda, yes, I liked the blue also , will see what his AMPS tomorrow and if it's high will try the skinny 0.75. About the feeding I just assumed that every time you test them you have to feed them. I will keep doing what I'm doing and see what happens, will talk later @MrWorfMen's Mom

23. Diane Tyler's Mom

SUNDAY 6-30-19
    AMPS - 224 gave 0.5 FAT
    +2 - 120 fed him some FF Pate
    +5 - 127 gave a very little of Dr Elseys Clean Protein Dry @MrWorfMen's Mom

24. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom hi Linda
    Tested Tyler tonight
    SUNDAY 6-30-19
    PMPS - 160 what do you think 0.25 , 0.5 skinny? What did you think of his AMPS numbers? @MrWorfMen's Mom Going to shoot at around 10:00 pm

25. MrWorfMen's Mom

I think you could give him 0.5 on the line. Last night and this AM were the first yellows Tyler's had for a while. Let's see what he does tomorrow AM. I think those are just par for the course and they certainly aren't way up and he is spending much of his time at good blue levels. :D

26. Diane Tyler's Mom

Ok will do 0.5 on the line, and of course check him tonight. Hope you had a good day and your kitties are doing ok @MrWorfMen's Mom

27. Diane Tyler's Mom

SUNDAY 6-30-19
    PMPS - 160 shot 0.5 u on the line
    +2 - 139 fed him some FF
    +4.5 - 129 fed him a small amount of Dr Elseys Clean Protein Dry
    +6 -141 no food, no more testing @MrWorfMen's Mom

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  28. MrWorfMen's Mom

All's copacetic here. A bit tired from all the driving yesterday. Traffic was horrendous on my way to Niagara-on-the-Lake (holiday weekend :rolleyes:) but had a lovely lunch and visit with US friends. Thank goodness traffic was better on my way home or I'd be really bushed.

29. Diane Tyler's Mom

Glad you had a good time, I've never heard of Niagara-on-the-Lake , so I looked it up. It sounds like a beautiful place and lots to see and do there. It also talked about traffic , it said if you didn't want to sit in traffic you should leave by 8:00. Now I can see why you were in traffic. Glad it was better for you on the drive back. I'm dreading the 4th of July because of all the fireworks, my cats hide under the bed. I can just see me trying to drag Tyler out to test and feed him, besides that the noise just kills Ashley. Will most likely have to leave the house and park some where until neighbors are done with this crap. Do you have fireworks going on by you? @MrWorfMen's Mom

30. MrWorfMen's Mom

Yes we have the fireworks too.......tonight. My cats tend to get a bit more clingy or hide out laying on the chairs tucked in under the dining room table! A neighbour kitty corner to my property shoots off a pile of them at every holiday opportunity. Last year I found spent cartridges from some fireworks in my backyard which struck me as odd given how large our lots are here compared to most areas in the city. Thank goodness I don't have a dog that could have been out in the backyard for a pottie break! :eek:. Don't even want to imagine what it must be like closer to downtown where the lots are tiny. :nailbiting:
    No doubt something you've tried for Ashley......noise protection ear muffs....or perhaps they would aggravate the pain from pressure rather than noise?:blackeye::(

31. Diane Tyler's Mom

Yes you are correct about the noise protection ear muffs, she can't even wear them , if snythany touches or presses against her ears, the pain just gets worse immediately, I wish she could use them. Last night the town next to us did their fireworks and you could hear it from there, we had to leave for awhile until they finished. It's just so tiring for her, in and out of the car. So can't wait for July 5th. What did you think of Tylers numbers last night?
    Tested him this morning
    MONDAY 7-1-19
    AMPS - 177 0.5 on the line or FAT 0.5 @MrWorfMen's Mom

32. MrWorfMen's Mom

His numbers are good but they still could come down a bit. I'd stick with at least 0.5 fat but given his recent activity, I think you could try 0.75 skinny with usual monitoring. It might just coax him down to a high dark green. :)

33. Diane Tyler's Mom

Ok I'm going to give it a try this morning with the Skinny 0.75 and with the usual monitoring. I will be heading to my vets office today for more test strips, I have 4 left right now. Even if I order them off the internet , it comes out to be the same amount my vet charges , with what they charge for shipping off the internet @MrWorfMen's MomSo using the 1/2 marking syringes I would try to eye ball under the 0.5 mark, but above the 1 unit mark? I'm about to shoot now @MrWorfMen's Mom Ok just shot

34. MrWorfMen's Mom

YEs you'd be just a smidge above half way between the full and half unit marks. Tough I know but if it's a bit more than a 0.5 fat, that's close enough. Are you sure your vet has AT2 strips on hand? Mine ordered them in for me....I couldn't just pick them up any time I wanted.

35. Diane Tyler's Mom

We shall see if I eye balled it close enough, yes my vet always has the Alpha Trak test strips in stock, now I'm counting down the hours until it's time to test at +2 lol Oh by the way do you think it's time to start another thread which would be TYLER'S JOURNEY #4?
    It's getting kind of long right?

36. MrWorfMen's Mom

Yep! Thought about that earlier and then forgot to mention it. This is getting long. :D

37. Diane Tyler's Mom

Ok I'm going to start the new Thread now which will be TYLER'S JOURNEY #4 and re post his morning AMPS on it, so be on the look out @MrWorfMen's Mom