? Wally - 9/9 - AMPS 447, +6=78, +6.5=95, +7.25=126, +9.25=287, PMPS=483, +2=440

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ginger Cat, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Ginger Cat

Ginger Cat Well-Known Member

I thought by now his bounce would have cleared and he'd be going back into the lower numbers. But - they haven't. And his appetite has been off. He's eating enough to get his shots, but isn't finishing all his food, even after a few hours. Ate a bit more this a.m. so that was good. I have mirataz/mirtazapine on hand just in case.

Given that he's gone so low on the 1.5 units, I am afraid to up his dosage even by .25 units. Would love your thoughts on this.

Previous post: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...06-10-469-pmps-519-2-402.234857/#post-2629342

2. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

It looks possible he went into numbers he isn’t comfortable with yet last night based on the 100 pt drop from PMPS to +2, And came back up for a bounce, but can’t be sure.

I see that he threw up this am? Hopefully he is feeling ok?

3. Ginger Cat

I think he vomited because his stomach was empty. He did eat a fairly decent amount at breakfast and then ate almost all the left-overs around 10:30 a.m.

thebigfuzz likes this.
  4. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Glad it seems to be a one off thing. I am not sure about dosing, perhaps someone more experienced with TR can chime in :)

5. Ginger Cat

Check out his nadir numbers: 78/95 (after a bit of FF). I love this boy like crazy but he's driving me nuts :). Fed him his usual LC FF after the 78/95 numbers. Checked him at +7 and he's up to 126 so things are going well.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Not really surprising you saw green today - it's six cycles after the last green numbers. It took Wally that length of time to break his bounce. Numbers will wobble around during a bounce, and some cats will go higher, just before they break the bounce and come down. Something to watch for in Wally, and if you see a possible pattern like that, hold off on the increase for a cycle.

Unfortunately Wally did a really steep drop today. On average over 70 points per hour. So he's probably going to bounce from that steep drop too. :rolleyes: I see those steep drops are not uncommon. What is your feeding schedule for Wally? I wonder if he needs a small meal just before onset, to slow his fast drops.

Si am cat mom likes this.
  7. Ginger Cat

He gets a can of FF (diluted with water) at each shot time and then I feed him more if he's acting hungry. One of my other cats (18 yr old Indiana Jones) is on pred and is always asking for food so when I give him FF, Wally gets some as well. What do you mean by onset?

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

From the New to the Group Sticky Note, these are concept you should know about your cat, as well as how he responds to carbs:

Learn how YOUR kitty is responding to insulin:
    • Onset - the length of time before insulin reaches the bloodstream & begins lowering blood glucose
    • Peak/Nadir - the lowest point in the cycle
    • Duration - the length of time insulin continues to lower blood glucose
    • How to do a Curve - a simple explanation

9. Ginger Cat

I was thinking that's what onset meant, but wasn't quite sure. For Wally - it seems to be between 3-4 hours but he's not consistent, for sure. And he does usually have a 'snack' 2-3 hours after his shot/meal time since he very rarely eats all of his food at once. He's a slow eater.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020