01/17 - Freckles - pmps 184, 211@+1 , 79@+3.5H, 65@+4, 58@+5, 74 @+6, 94@+7, 144@+8, 229@+11

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Freckles, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Judy and Freckles

Judy and Freckles Well-Known Member

yesterday's post

Heatwave hit here this morning - only -27c now. Break out the shorts and sunscreen!:cool:

No blues for little Ms. Freckles this morning yet. I think she's waiting until tonight! :)

2. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that Freckles has some blue brewing :cool:;) Maybe a later onset today and he's just on the way down ? that's my theory :)

I'm with you at -27C -37 w/ the windchill :eek: yesterday was -44 :eek::eek:

Keep warm Judy! have a great day :coffee::coffee::coffee:

Judy and Freckles likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Nice slide down into PMPS? You can do it Freckles.

4. Judy and Freckles

Holy Wendy! Not only do you have a crystal ball, but you are like the cat whisperer. We have 95 @ +3. She's preening herself right now. Appetite is good. She just had a FD chicken treat when I tested her. Anything I should do to encourage coasting?

5. Judy and Freckles

How about a green in the works?:D

AmandaE likes this.
  6. Judy and Freckles

7. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Lovely to see a green number. I’d give Freckles a small snack of low carb, not a lot , but enough to encourage her to get up on her surf board and surf in the greens.
    Id test again in an hour to see what she’s is up to.

8. Judy and Freckles

Thanks Bron. Will do. Freckles is all about more food!!

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  9. Judy and Freckles

I'm finding out that the Libre is much more accurate for lower numbers than high numbers.

10. Wendy&Neko

How the test strip supply?

Surfs up Freckles. :D:D:D

11. Bron and Sheba (GA)

It’s always easier to have a good eater in cats. Sheba was always very food motivated which made it much easier when she dropped into low numbers.

12. Wendy&Neko

Good to know on the Libre. Don’t fill her up, if that’s even possible. :rolleyes:

13. Judy and Freckles

Gave 1 tsp of 3%C FF.

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  14. Judy and Freckles

Her regular timed snack is @+5 - but that is 0% C so I'll be sure to grab a test before she gets into that incase I need to up the carbs a bit.

Hi @Wendy&Neko! Came to see the results of your 'cat whispering' talents did you?? You and Freckles in cahoots together??:)

15. Judy and Freckles

is an understatement. Freckles has stolen toast right out of the toaster, snagged dough, opened cupboards and stole caramel popcorn. We have baby latches on everything that opens. She hasn't yet figured out how to open cans, the fridge door, the stove or the microwave...... yet!!:cat:

16. Judy and Freckles

About 650 test strips. 2 more Freestyle lite meters and 1 Alphatrak meter with 50 strips. Oh and then there's the Precision Neo that works with the Libre and I have 100 of those strips. If I use everything that I have here, Freckles will need a blood transfusion!;)

17. Judy and Freckles

18. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your first greens, Freckles! Now just keep on surfing . . . I think I'd feed a small LC snack now since it might be a little early for nadir, but I'm guessing you might have already done so.

19. Judy and Freckles

gave .25 tsp 3% carbs @ +4.25. Libre indicates she's dropping just a little bit.

20. Judy and Freckles

Thanks Jan. :woot: Whoot! Yay for a first green. I thought it would never show up! Yup. Just gave a "nice light snack". Freckle's is a pretty flat cat but I've been thinking her nadir is about +3 to +5... but let's see what she has in store for tonight!

21. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

I love that you have the Libre:)

22. Bron and Sheba (GA)

If she drops any more just give her another small snack. The idea is to keep her surfing in mid green numbers....
    The libre is useful at times like this.

23. Judy and Freckles

My first impressions of it weren't very good. There was a huge discrepancy - anywhere from 65-180 point difference between the Libre and the Freestyle Lite that we've been using for a long time. It looks like the Libre is discrepant with high numbers but now that Freckles' numbers are lower, it's only out by 2 points.

24. Judy and Freckles

It sure is! I take back what I said about it last weekend! :)

25. Judy and Freckles

Gave 1/8 can of FF - 3% carb @+4.5

26. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Brings back memories of when Sheba was first diagnosed with FD, the vet said to only feed before the shots and at no other times.....I was so ignorant I followed directions to a T. She went into remission after 3 months for 2 1/2 years and I only fed her twice a day all that time. She was always hungry and asking for food and raiding everything in sight.
    The second time around I found FDMB and fed her 6 times a day and she was much better.
    One of my current kitties, Harry, also loves his food. He is a real gentleman at mealtimes and never eats Clover's food but everything of mine is fair game. I can't leave anything out on the bench and walk away. He takes meat off plates, cookies/scones cooling on a rack, cleans out saucepans....and I feed him 4 times a day. He knows he is being naughty and runs and hides when caught!

Si am cat mom and Beth 73 like this.
  27. Judy and Freckles

"Runs and hides?" it's probably more like going undercover with his stash! :p
    Aren't they little rascals! They are very good at training their humans to clean up after themselves! Freckles' isn't the only 'great' eater we have around here. Tuxman, will take the whole loaf of bread off of the cupboard and hightail it for the porch before he is busted. His 'loot' doesn't last long as the dogs get wind of his antics very quickly and then they just scarf everything down and poor Tuxman is just left with the ripped up bread bag. It's also because of Tuxman and Freckles that we have the garbage can lid secured with a baby latch as well as bungy cord to the cupboard!!

28. Judy and Freckles

Yes, my vet said the exact same thing. I'm very very fortunate that I found FDMB only a few days after being Dx. Finding this forum really is like winning the lottery!

29. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Charlotte and Lucky’s mom Well-Known Member

Stay in those nice greens tonight Freckles!! Limes are too sour!! o_O

30. Judy and Freckles

58@+5 - still dropping a bit

31. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Just a teaspoon of LC..come on Freckles stay on the surfboard and surf those lovely greens.

32. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Charlotte and Lucky’s mom Well-Known Member

I can see Freckles wants to keep you on your toes tonight! These darn furry creatures!!:rolleyes:

33. Judy and Freckles

On it... she's loving this a teaspoon here and a teaspoon there. :) Poor Tuxman (civi cat is going WTH???)

34. Judy and Freckles

Not a problem! Finished my course last night and sent all of my assignments away. Had a full day of work and off for the weekend. I can stare at these greens all day!!

35. Judy and Freckles

74 @ +6. That a girl Freckles... keep hanging onto those greens for as long as you can!

Si am cat mom likes this.
  36. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Don't feed any more now. A lovely green cycle:D

37. Judy and Freckles

Ok. I will "close" the feed drawer. I had to put the automatic feeder in a dresser drawer because Freckles figured out that if she knocked it off her table then food would fall out....

Freckles usually gets 1/8 of a can in 30 minutes. Don't give this to her tonight? It is 0% carb FF.

38. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Has she already had what she would normally got, with all the little snacks?
    I would hold off a bit longer to see if she can stay in greens a bit longer. If you feed in the second half of the cycle, once they start to go up, you can shorten the duration of the insulin...... although 1/8 can is not much.

39. Wendy&Neko

I think Freckles likes this dose.

Where is Freckles in terms of amount of food she would have normally eaten by this time? Forget that, Bron was faster than me.

40. Judy and Freckles

Including the snacks that she's been getting, she's eaten her normal amount for tonight... so I guess I answered by own question... food drawer stays closed and is back open for business in about 6 hours.

41. Judy and Freckles

Libre says she is starting to climb a bit. Not sure if she will be able to hang onto the greens for @+7.

Poor little thing is trying to sleep and I keep scanning her! lol

42. Wendy&Neko

You want a couple rising tests, not influenced by carbs, before calling it a night. So that’s another reason to stop feeding.

43. Judy and Freckles

K. Makes sense.

44. Judy and Freckles

Thanks so much @Wendy&Neko and @Bron and Sheba (GA) for staying with me and guiding me through our first greens! I'm sure you have repeated yourself to hundreds if not thousands of people before but yet your tones are very warm and caring but so extremely helpful!

45. Wendy&Neko

It’s always a pleasure to see a cat embrace greens the first time. What did Freckles think of them?

46. Judy and Freckles

I'm looking at the TR guidelines
    She was her normal self. Getting in trouble for jumping on the counter, scoping out the dog's dishes, grabbing a catnap, taking a bath and she got extra FD chicken treats because she got tested more tonight. Her appetite was as voracious as ever.

47. Wendy&Neko

Neko hid under the bed. :rolleyes:

48. Judy and Freckles

I'm looking at the TR guidelines and since Freckles nadirs were <100 hold the dose for 8-10 cycles unless something exciting happens?

49. Judy and Freckles

Awwww that's cute!

50. Judy and Freckles

That would make getting frequent tests a bit more challenging. Did you find any long lost socks under the bed that day? :)

51. Judy and Freckles

52. Judy and Freckles

Here is the Libre's interpretation of this cycle - the numbers are off but it's good to know that the Libre is much more accurate with lower numbers. I think I will print it out and hang it on the fridge... just like a kid's report card! :D

upload_2020-1-18_1-36-22.png

53. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I'd hang it on the fridge too!
    I'm sure this will be the first of many green cycles for Freckles.......don't rest on your laurels now Freckles!:D

54. CRL

CRL Member

Good job Judy & Freckles!! Zhoom and I are having a bit of a green cycle too. Although I am not handling it as gracefully as you and Freckles! I already busted out the MC food - panic mode. After reading through your thread, I wish I had stuck to the LC. This is how we learn. Thanks for being on the forum and taking such good care of your kitty!

55. Judy and Freckles

133 @+8

Off to bed now!

56. Judy and Freckles