04/04 Freckles/Judy AMPS 135

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Freckles, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Judy and Freckles

Judy and Freckles Well-Known Member

last post

I hope everyone is staying safe. Special thoughts to those in British Columbia, Ontario, Quebec, Alberta, NY, Washington, New Orleans, California, Florida and anyone else who may be feeling sick, anxious, lonely and scared. Sending :bighug: virtually.

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Same to you Judy.

Judy and Freckles likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Thanks for thinking of us. Not so much scared as frustrated at idiots for many reasons. I have 2 97 year old parents - which of course I'm not seeing. Idiots coming up with COVID plans are not thinking of this group. Telephone company sent me a notice saying for safety of all, they aren't sending out paper bills any more and to get bill on online account. Which of course parents don't have. :rolleyes: So I call them - turns our they are sending bills in mail to people over 65 - which of course are the most vulnerable. So much for "safety for all". :banghead: Now it's the banks. My mother needs more cheques but the only way to get them now is to order them on line. :banghead::banghead: And the only way to get an online account is to bring her into town to her branch, which may or may not be open. Needless to say, not doing that either. Rank off.

Any more baby cows?

Let's keep it blue Freckles.

5. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

I do understand SO MUCH what you're going through; same thing happening with my 95 yo uncle! :rolleyes::banghead:

6. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Thanks for thinking of us, Judy! Hope everything is ok for you!
    Come on little sweetie, keep it up with blues!!:cool:

7. Judy and Freckles

All is well here and things are just a bit more isolated than normal. Pretty much a 'yellow' day today for Ms. Freckles.

Yes there are more baby calves. I think about 20-25 by now - of course there would be because it's turned cold!:banghead: We have a grumpy mamma bear in the barn right now who does not want anyone touching her baby!! Too bad the mom didn't think of that when she left baby on it's own when the mom decided her appetite was more important than looking after her baby. We had to bring baby into the barn and warm it up and then tube it. It was not looking good for most of the afternoon. Just came in from checking on baby and he's lying propped up, so that's a good sign. Mamma still wants to eat a person alive though...:rolleyes:

I love and hate calving time at the same time. I love seeing the babies run and kick and nurse but it is very stressful when the life and death situations come around.:nailbiting: Usually I'm at work so I miss all the first hand events, but with Covid-19, I'm working from home so tend to be more involved. I'm sure DH wishes I was at work too because all that I say to him these days are, "When was the last time you checked the cows?", "Don't you think it's time to go and check the cows?" "Does anyone look like they are going to calve tonight?". For some reason, I do much much better with human trauma and life and death situations than when it involves critters - not sure why that is. lol

8. Wendy&Neko

You need a prescription for Levemir in SK? Here in BC it's over the counter. Thought that was true in most provinces.

9. Judy and Freckles

Well, there is a bit of a story here... when I called my vet to ask about needing a prescription, the receptionist put me on hold and when she returned she told me there would be a $15 charge for a prescription. :rolleyes: When I repeated my question if I even needed a prescription, she simply repeated the $15 scenario. So, I phoned the pharmacy and they told me that yes, I did need a Rx from the vet. So, I did a little bit more digging and contacted the Saskatchewan Pharmacy Association and this is their reply:

"Hi Judy,

In general, a prescription is not required for insulin for a cat. However, there may be situations in which a prescription would be required and therefore I would suggest contacting your pharmacy (by phone) in order to inquire."

To answer the question, I don't even think that pharmacies know. I suspect my vet knows that a script is not needed though...

10. Wendy&Neko

First time I got Lantus, I didn't know any better. Paid for the prescription. :arghh: Then the pharmacist told me I didn't need it. Got more than one pharmacy in town? I've been known to just randomly walk up to a different pharmacist and ask for insulin for my cat.

11. Judy and Freckles

I've contacted 3 pharmacies in the city and 1 in the small town and they are all under the assumption that a script is needed. Looks like I'll have to take my email message with me when I go...

12. Wendy&Neko

Hmm. I guess I never asked at the pharmacy if I needed a prescription. I just asked for insulin for my cat.

13. Judy and Freckles

Good point. I think I will follow your lead next time I go to get insulin. I can put a good "What are you talking about?" face on. lol

14. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I loved the story of the bears. I hope the baby bear is ok.
    Wouldn’t the mother bear eat a calf?
    I used to live in the country on acreage and next door to a dairy farmer, and I loved it when the cows were calving. They used to have so many poddy calves which were then hand/bottle fed. Our kids used to go over and feed them.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  15. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

http://formulary.drugplan.ehealthsask.ca/SearchFormulary
    Maybe this can help! "The Saskatchewan Formulary lists the drugs, which are covered by the Drug Plan. A prescription is required for all drugs dispensed under the Drug Plan with the exception of insulin, blood-testing agents, urine-testing agents, syringes, needles, lancets and swabs used by diabetic patients."

16. Judy and Freckles

lol. The grumpy bear I was referring to was the grumpy mom cow..

17. Judy and Freckles

OMG... that's perfect! I searched and searched for something that said this and came up with nothing! Thanks so much Lyane!!