04/10 Boomer AMPS 148 +3 101 +5 81 PMPS 122 +3 101, owl photos

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Apr 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning!
    AMPS 148 shooting 1.75u

Boomer ate most of his +3 fuds, all of the extra helping, about a third of his +6 and the chicken out of his +8.5. He then woke us up at +10.5 because he was hungry:rolleyes:. He then came btb. When I finally rolled out of bed he was crouching at the end of the bed; I was just about to ask him why he was meat loafing when he started to puke:eek:. It was just an "empty tummy" puke but still alarmed me because Boomer doesn't puke very often!

Two days until his dental. If that doesn't take care of the blue numbers a dosecrease will :smuggrin:

Allen ate well overnight and generally seems to be feeling good.

On Sunday DH and I went for a quick visit to the park where there are Great Horned Owls. It really was a quick visit as it was cold. The two babies were awake and quite curious about the onlookers. And I found one of the adults in a bunch of trees not too far away. When I was photographing the adult, I was sure I saw the other adult slightly behind and to the left but only a bit of the face was visible. DH and binoculars and saw the same thing. But in the images....I cannot see the second adult:( so it may have been a figment of my imagination. Pictures attached.

Today on the agenda: a short headshot session early this afternoon (+5.5) and getting ready for tomorrow's cake smash. Right now it's sunny out so if it stays nice I may go out for a walk this afternoon. My knee has been feeling good for over a week and it's time to get some exercise.

Attached Files:

Sylvie and Shoeskitty-GA like this.
  2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

The babies are big! It's amazing how fast they grow.

I hope the dental will take care of those blue numbers!!

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  3. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Sorry about the barf, I hope it wasn't on your bed! o_O

Glad he didn't wake you up at 2:00.

Those babies are too adorable! They do look very curious! I love the mama or dad? snoozing away in the tree. Great shots! :)

4. Judy and Boomer

It would have been had I not moved him.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  5. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Must be tummy barf morning, Titan did same thing, much better now with breakfast and am shot onboard. Pics are beautiful, Paula has been finding owl pellets all over the yard, must be a good owl year! Sending dental vines.

6. Judy and Boomer

You have owls hanging out in your backyard? Oh that would be so awesome!!!

7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

The owlettes are getting big. How you spot the adult is amazing, it just blends in with the tree and leaves. Boomer should be feeling better once the dental is done.

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Love the pictures. The babies sure are growing fast. Sorry about the puke. I hope the dental helps bring Boomer's numbers down. Sending dental vines.

9. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes, usually hear them rather than see them. One has a fav perch right off the porch in the black walnut tree. This years surprise (we usuall get one a year), is the flying squirrel that's been visiting the bird feeders at night. It's been 20 plus years since I've last seen one in the yard. :)

10. Judy and Boomer

This morning in Facebook there was a posting from a wildlife rehabilitation centre just outside of my city; they are looking for retired individuals to volunteer with office duties, animal care, and photography :woot::woot::woot:
    I have emailed them. That would be so awesome!
    Here is a link in case you're interested in checking them out.

11. Judy and Boomer

12. Judy and Boomer

+5 81 :D
    Feeding now; my customer is coming in 30 minutes and I will not be able to test Boomer until she leaves.

13. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Boo on the early morning pukus:stop:

Nice +5:D

Beautiful photos Judy!!!!

14. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 122 shooting 1.75u

15. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

It almost looks like one of the chick's faces. Too small to be an adult. GREAT pics!
    Wow, you should definitely apply. Bring your portfolio!

I hope all will go well with THE dental!

16. Judy and Boomer

17. Judy and Boomer

Thanks Ella!

18. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Starting up the dental vines a little early. Throwing in an extra helping of anti puke vines too. :bighug:

Awesome owl pics. The wildlife centre would be lucky to have you volunteering for them.

19. Judy and Boomer

Thanks Wendy! I just think it would be an awesome place to volunteer! A few years ago I almost volunteered at our "Humane Society" but I was very afraid that I would bring all the cats home with me :rolleyes:. With Salthaven, I doubt there's much of a chance I'm bringing home a Red-Tailed Hawk lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.