05/09/18 Squallie AMPS 110, +3/53

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Squalliesmom, May 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Still no poops, that I can see, although he could have gone while I was away last night, or while I was sleeping. He is full of vim and vigor, and is eating, so maybe...He didn't finish breakfast, but came close, and that's without his appy stimulant. He did get in the box this morning and get out again immediately, which makes me think there is still a problem going on. I also haven't seen him pee in a couple of days, which worries me, too.

2. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Poor little buddy but glad to hear he is full of P&V this morning. I've been giving civie Moo a tad of butter on her paw daily. It seems to help keep her stools moving.

Certainly stalk the LB. Males are more prone to urinary blockages then females. Sending vines and prayers.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  3. Squalliesmom

Thanks, Karen. I try to monitor his LB "transactions" but sometimes I miss it. I don't know what to look for if he has a urinary blockage; what symptoms should I be looking for?

4. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Good Wednesday morning, Lucy:) Poopy prayers continue for Squallie and restoration to you :bighug: Please take extra care of yourself today :bighug::):bighug::)

Squalliesmom likes this.
  5. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

I'm not overly sure except for not peeing or straining to pee. Maybe @tiffmaxee can give you more guidance.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  6. Beth 73

Lucy, I watch for getting in and out of LB with little to no pee . But since he’s dealing with constipation his getting in and out could be that . Plus he is on ABs and the cranberry supplement so that’s good .

Squalliesmom likes this.
  7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Yikes, I hope he’s not blocked. It happened to Max once. He required emergency surgery because a vet pierced his bladder when I brought him in to see why he hadn’t urinated in maybe 12 hours. She didn’t tell me that his bladder was pierced and sent me to tge ER for observation because it was a Friday and they were closing for the weekend. If he tries to pee but can’t or doesn’t pee at all when he normally does a vet check is a must.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  8. Squalliesmom

Thanks, Elise. I haven't seen him pee in maybe 3 days, now, but I don't always see him go. I have seen him get in and out of the LB without doing anything. He seems chipper enough, and doesn't seem to be in any pain, but we all know cats are great at hiding pain! I just don't know whether I should be worried or not!

9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you see some pee and poop soon. Sending prayers for you and Squallie. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  10. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi hope you’re feeling better :bighug:

Ming had a few blockages when he was young. He would go in and out of the LB not producing anything. As it worsened (before I knew what was going on) he would back his tushy up against a wall, tail fluttering, trying to pee.
    Since constipation and straining to pee looks similar and you not knowing for sure if he has peed I think a vetty visit.
    Not urinating can be fatal and you would want to address it asap. If it turns out to be constipation the vet can treat that , enema or manual removal, and then you can manage at home with Miralax. Hope this is all just a turd

:bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  11. Squalliesmom

Thanks, Carla!:bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. Squalliesmom

Thanks, Beth! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. Squalliesmom

Thanks, Michelle.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

I haven't seen him strain to pee, but he's done a lot of the get-in-get-out of the LB in the past few days. My first though was that he was having a urinary issue, until yesterday when it became pretty obvious he was constipated. However, constipation doesn't rule out a urinary problem, as well! Looks like we're heading back to the vet!

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  14. tiffmaxee

I don’t think he could go that long without being in severe pain. Max went in the morning, not at night or next morning and was in real trouble by late afternoon. Either way it might be a good idea to get him checked out. I’m thinking constipation. If you are feeling well enough to take him I would call your vet.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  15. Squalliesmom

Well, that's a little bit of a relief. Thanks, Elise!:bighug::bighug::bighug:

He doesn't seem to be in any pain at all, and his stomach isn't hard or distended. He always gets extra water with his food, and he gets d-mannose twice a day, so I'm praying this has kept him safe from any urinary problems. It worries me that I have not seen him pee, but it really isn't that unusual. Also, I'm using a different litter than he's used to, and he may not like it. As I think back on it, that's about the time all this started. Hmmmm.......

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  16. tiffmaxee

I really don’t think he’s got a urinary blockage. Poor Max was in severe pain in that short a time and was hiding in the bathroom when I rushed home from work to check on him. No way would he have survived without intervention and he was young, around 5.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  17. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I hope you see some pee evidence soon. Civie Theo had idiopathic cystitis, which would mean lots of small pees when he was having an episode, as well as licking himself. I got a vet to show me how to check for a full bladder. It helped me to know when to worry, when not to. And as Elise says, it would go bad in a very short period of time, not days.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  18. Squalliesmom

Hooray!!! We have pee! Still no poops, though. I think he doesn’t like this litter. I’m buying his old brand now.

19. Beth 73

:woot::woot:Oh yes , oh yes, oh yes :woot::woot::woot: Now on to the main event , a nice, easy poo :):cat: Doesn’t take much to excite us :eek:

20. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

Yay for pee. That is a relief. Anyway you could put him and a LB in a bathroom. Maybe proximity and isolation may move things along?

Squalliesmom likes this.
  21. Squalliesmom

And now we have poop!!! Time to celebrate!!!

DANCING%20BLACK%20CAT.gif

I think it must have been the coconut oil that tipped the scales! Thanks to all who helped! :bighug:

22. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Fabulous .

The whole world turns to sparkles when a good cat poop arrives.

:bighug:

Squalliesmom and Beth 73 like this.
  23. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hooray for pee AND poop:p

Squalliesmom likes this.
  24. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Wonderful news.:)

Squalliesmom likes this.
  25. Beth 73

Now we can all rest easy tonight !!! Mister Squallie has had an elimination :woot::woot::woot: Seriously, Lucy, that is fantastic news :)

Squalliesmom likes this.
  26. Squalliesmom

Lol, you know your friends are special people when they get as excited as you do over cat poop! :cat::):smuggrin::joyful:

allison and Bubbles likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.