07/16 Mowgli AMPS 229 PMPS 252 +2 113 +4 63 +5 68 +6 77

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AmandaE, Jul 16, 2019.

1. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

07/15 Condo

Good Morning!!

Mowgli had a nice flat yellow cycle last night so I hope he doesn’t have anything mischievous planned for today ;)

I ordered some callipers for Amazon prime day and they should be here Thursday so I will be looking for advice when they get here :) I believe , based on what I see this week that Mowgli will need an increase at the end of the week. I’m ok with that! I want to give Mowgli an honest try at 1.25u since I believe that dose can get him into a healthier range. I have a feeling the 1.13 is helping flatten his cycle so I hope when it comes to the next dose that we will see a nice flat blue/ green pattern. Time will tell!

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday :)

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Mowgli surfs safely today. Once you get used to the calipers, you'll wonder how you ever measured the dose without them.

3. AmandaE

I take it that you use them then? I've gathered that at the very least, you, Sonia and Lyane use calipers ... another club to join :D I've briefly read over the info post that Marje wrote on them so I am looking forward to trying :D

4. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

I'm looking forwards to the advice too -- DH got me calipers from Harbor Freight, and I'd like to be more precise

5. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

I think Deirdre's going to be part of the caliper club also! @Jerry dutchboy

AmandaE and Jerry dutchboy like this.
  6. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Have a great day Amanda! No crazy stuff today Mowgs! :smuggrin:

AmandaE likes this.
  7. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

What Carla wrote is soooo true....once you use the calipers you will think "how did I ever measure before". You will learn just how much those lines are off on the syringes and wonder how much did you really give for a dose. And hopefully Mowgli will start to have more consistent BG levels.:)

8. Zorro's mom

Zorro's mom Member

Wishing you both a lovely day, Amanda and Mowgli :)

I should look into this caliper thing too...

9. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Calipers are great. Been using them since Smokey. I use them even when doing whole units. Great when your half asleep.

AmandaE likes this.
  10. AmandaE

Everyone says the same, I've been dragging my heels but now hopefully I will, like @Debra and Yoyo said, get some more consistent results out of Mowgli. I'm actually surprised how many members use them! I'm glad I will have such a pool to draw from for advice!

@CandyH and Catcat Let's learn together! mine should be here Thursday :D @Zorro's mom You should join the club too! it will be nice all of us starting together :D

11. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I've used calipers for years once I realized how off the lines on syringe are.

Sonia & Leo and AmandaE like this.
  12. AmandaE

I feel like I would be garbage at using them when half asleep! I think using them for all doses will be a good idea, thanks for the tip :D

13. AmandaE

I read the information Marje posted, I use BD ultrafine which seem to have an especially bad reputation for line inconsistencies

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  14. CandyH & Catcat

I'm afraid to check the ReliOns I wound up with -- haven't found any notation about who actually manufactured them

AmandaE likes this.
  15. AmandaE

I think that Marje had basically said that none are perfectly consistent. We do the best we can with the tools at our disposal ;)

Bellasmom likes this.
  16. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Bring it on down nice and easy

AmandaE likes this.
  17. AmandaE

PMPS 252.... I wonder what kind of day Mowgli had... did anyone see him at the beach!? :cool::cool:

18. CandyH & Catcat

yeah, I suspect he and Catcat were at least pizza-surfing (does anyone still do that?)

flat disks about the size of superlarge pizza, run and jump on them, slide across the shallow water ... maybe it was a 60s thing

[​IMG]

19. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

I made an easy SS for the BD ultrafine II for Canada using the conversion units (1.5mm = 1 unit given by Wendy) which is what we have to use in Canada with our type of syringes. So if you want to give Mowgli a consistent 1.25u, you just have to set up your calipers to 1.88 mm and you're done!!! It's so easy!! :p:p
    You can tweak your dosages as you wish and they will always be consistent!.. Once you start using them, you'll be free from all those markings ! Can't dose without them, I even bought two in case !!:woot: Tell me if you want my SS ! I swear you'll be happy, if you're not I'll owe you something... !! :)

Zorro's mom, Sonia & Leo and AmandaE like this.
  20. AmandaE

I haven’t heard of it, but it certainly sounds like something I would be horrible at :p

21. AmandaE

I am SO interested in that spreadsheet! When my calipers come in I will message you for the goods :D

22. Margie and Jackson

Margie and Jackson Member

I like a flat cycle! Easier on the blood pressure. For the bean. Haha.

23. AmandaE

Bahahaha! I know EXACTLY what you mean :D

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  24. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Mowgli looking good today and a good start for tonight. Let's hope for a safe evening with lots of sleep.

AmandaE likes this.
  25. AmandaE

+2 is 113 :rolleyes: could be an unpredictable night
    :facepalm::smuggrin:

Fed 1tsp LC will test again at +4

Sonia & Leo, Armish & Roo and JeffJ like this.
  26. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

That's a good start for the night. This could be a good repeat of July 11 - and you could get some sleep with a good cycle like that.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

AmandaE likes this.
  27. CandyH & Catcat

ha ha -- I'm chicken, I bailed out on the night shot -- Catcat in the low hundreds and I haven't shot that low before

28. AmandaE

Hopefully you’re right! I don’t mind grabbing naps in between! Sleep is king for me ;)

JeffJ likes this.
  29. AmandaE

You’ll get there for sure! It’s been a while since I even had a blue PMPS but sometimes what I do is stall for 20 mins and test again to see if Mowgli’s coming up. If he is. I go for it! ( I mentally prepare myself for the idea I’ll be up all night though )

30. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

I'd be inclined to suggest testing at +3 and not waiting for +4...

31. CandyH & Catcat

yeah, not up for a pj party tonight -- three tests in a row 20 minutes apart -- 105, 113, 109 .. about as flat as you get -- slight food influence since I give him a small scoop of food with test, so the 105 was as I fed him, 113 20 minutes later (tested without food, he hates that), 109 20 minutes after that (no food then either, growl hiss)

so I fed him after --

32. AmandaE

Looks like a +3 would have been a good idea :). I had made sure he ate about 1.5tsps LC at +3.5 so I will try another tsp now ;) his Nadir is usually from +4 to + 6 so I’ll grab a sample at both

33. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Hoping for smooth sailing for Mowgli tonight!

AmandaE likes this.
  34. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

That's a bit low but still a healthy number.

I wonder if late night TV and streaming options were invented for diabetic cat owners.:rolleyes:

35. AmandaE

Sounds like it was the right thing to do TBH :)

36. AmandaE

Thanks Jenn!!

37. AmandaE

Totally! Too bad I already binge watched season 3 of stranger things :D

I’m not concerned yet, he’s still acting normally and he’s eaten some more... I also have my hypo kit at the ready just in case! Tomorrow I will give a reduction to 1u. Tonight I’m testing! Mowgli’s nadir is typically fairly consistent when he dives like this. I will be surprised if he isn’t on the upswing by +7

I should have expected something fun like this since he’s been having some nice flat yellow cycles lately. I wonder if he will bounce tomorrow?

For me I use these times where I have to stay up to do things like shower! It’s a nice break not to have to get up early in the morning to do it :) Maybe I will paint my nails :joyful:

38. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Too bad you didn’t have the calipers, you could practise with them tonight while waiting to test. I loved them, it was great with DH and I both shooting. I could set and know we would be consistent in dose. Plus BD’s are awful, the last couple months, Neko’s dose was under the zero line. :rolleyes:

Surf time Mowgli.:D

39. AmandaE

I think he’s trying to surf anyway! A solid attempt, but I think he could drop the bungee cord act at the beginning :rolleyes:

I predict a few more late nights in the future where I will get my chance to practice the calipers! Did you just use water for Practice?

You aren’t the first person to say the BD syringes aren’t consistent. It’s kind of hard to believe they can be off by so much for such a serious treatment

40. AmandaE

+6 77. I’m headed to bed. I’ll set an alarm for +8 to see how he’s trending. I hope he doesn’t bounce.... but he has a pattern :facepalm::rolleyes:

Sweet dreams, peeps! :joyful:

Sonia & Leo and JeffJ like this.