08/10 Shmee AMPS 115, +3 100, +5 81, +6 77, +7.25 79

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda & Shmee, Aug 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Previous condo

Hi everyone happy Friday,
    I am liking his numbers, hopefully we can get back on track and start reducing instead of increasing again.
    His appetite still isn't all that great but nothing over the top. He ate all of his AM meal, about 1/2 of his +3 meal, and he is eating his +7 meal now. I didn't get a chance to go out to get a few more flavors but he seems to be eating his original flavor better than before. I am going to try and pick up a few new flavors tonight or tomorrow morning. Nothing really new to report, busy doing the online training for the second job I just got and I have a to-do list for NYC. I still have to go through the "travelling with a diabetic kitty" document, hoping to get to it tonight or this weekend. I have a lot going on this weekend :arghh: I just wish I could relax and focus on getting prepared for NY. It always seems to work out though, it will get done soon! I got him a harness but it was a little too big so I just ordered the next size down. He has never been on a leash before so that will be an adventure, haha. @LuvinThisPig thank you for offering your advice on click training! I will look into it, I don't know if I will have time before NY though. For the ride there I am hoping he won't be too ancy since it's at night... but for the ride back I want it just in case. For the car ride I am really worried about me going to the bathroom..... I don't want to leave him in the car alone, he is going to freak out! :( I will just have to be super fast I guess, lol.

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

If he's in his carrier when you stop you shouldn't have to worry. Make windows are only open a crack and doors are locked. Don't dawdle and it should be fine.

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  3. Jill & Jade

Jill & Jade Well-Known Member

Safest of travels to you both!!!!

4. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Thanks Paula I mostly just feel bad because he's going to be so scared, especially if I leave him alone. I will be super fast though!

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Wish we had a wolf whistle icon for this cycle. :D:cool:

If you know you are going to be heading out of the car for a nature break shortly, spritz the inside of the car with some Feliway spray. Might help calm him down. Or put down some food to keep him occupied. Neko took the opportunity of the car stopping to do her potty breaks too.

6. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Lookin good Shmee! :cool::D

Amanda & Shmee and Jill & Jade like this.
  7. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Shmee's numbers are looking great. I'm glad to hear that Shmee is eating something. That is always a good sign.

When I traveled with Leo, I just tried to minimize the time out of the car. Leo really didn't seem to mind it, since we were stopped. I recall him being awake when we stopped.

In Leo's case we both went back to the hotel at night. He even enjoyed that since we were back in a semi-known place. I also had a harness for him. It helped when I tried to get him to potty outside during the driving portions. But he pretty much held each day until we got to our destination.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.