08/12 Shmee AMPS 135, +2 125, +4 85, +5 68, +6 84

Discussion in 'Lantus / Basaglar (glargine) and Levemir (detemir)' started by Amanda & Shmee, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Previous condo

Good morning L&L,
    I have a full day ahead of me, Shmee was with DH yesterday during the day (I should have told him to test him prior to +6.5 :eek:!) and will be with him again today. HC gravy is ready :)

Thanks for the tip about spritzing the car with Feliway before a stop @Wendy&Neko. Great tip, something easy I can do since I will be in the car alone. I am thinking I am going to try and plan my stops for when he needs another Gabapentin dose. I just emailed my vet to ask how often I should plan on giving it to him.
    I hope everyone has a nice Sunday. :cat:

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

When do you leave?

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Well-Known Member

Glad you have backup to help with Shmee and are getting out of the house. It's very important for caregivers to get a break. :bighug:

His SS is looking amazing.

JeffJ and Amanda & Shmee like this.
  4. Amanda & Shmee

I am leaving Sunday the 26th. His appointment is at 10am Monday morning to meet with the doctor and get his MRI. The surgery is Tuesday the 28th.

Thanks yesterday I had a "paint and sip" where for a friends bachelorette party, we drank wine and painted a canvas. That was fun :) And this morning I went out to breakfast with my dad and checked out this park I reserved for a family reunion picnic, which is actually the Saturday before I leave :blackeye:... And about to be headed out soon for a memorial for one of my good friends dads who passed away. Trying to fit in my training too, busy busy busy over here!

JeffJ, Bronx's dad and LizzieInTexas like this.
  5. Amanda & Shmee

AM +7 = 60, went back down and totally surprised me.
    We are leaving here soon to go to a memorial I cannot miss, I have never left him this low before.... so I gave him 2 tsp HC gravy and then added 1 tsp of HC gravy to his LC meal too since we won't be back until PMPS. Hoping / assuming he should be ok..... so hard to leave.

I am thinking I will reduce him tonight to 4, so we don't have the depot issue like last time. @Wendy&Neko sound good?

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Well-Known Member

Sure, a reduction sounds good. No reason to keep him solid green if you can find a dose that keeps him most of the time below renal threshold.

Be good Shmee!

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  7. Amanda & Shmee

I am so mad at myself I just totally forgot to reduce him, ugh!! I hope this depot doesn't get the best of us again.

8. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Shmee's spreadsheet looks great. You are taking great care of him. I can't believe Shmee's appointment is coming up so soon. That is so exciting.

Here is what you get after it all works out (almost 2 years later).
    Little Dude and Leo - best buds 08-12-2018c.jpg

9. Amanda & Shmee

Love it! & I cant believe it either, time flies!

10. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Wow, the 29th is right around the corner. We are all sending out lots of good vines for you and Shmee.

Amanda & Shmee likes this.