08/15 Shmee AMPS 192, +3 85, +4 58, +5 57, +5.5 72, +6.5 71

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda & Shmee, Aug 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Previous condo

Hi L&L,
    Shmee had an eventful day yesterday and today. Got down to 51 yesterday and 57 today. I assumed yesterday was the depot still in action since it was only his second day on 4U, so I didn't reduce. But today since he got down to 57 again I think I should reduce tonight. Its so hard to decide if I should though since I think the reason he is going down is because of the 4.25 not the 4.... but better to play it safe. I don't want a HC gravy fest again. So 3.75 tonight :smuggrin:

PS I just saw this morning that I had notifications about my Acro thread, but I don't see the notifications for it. I will have to look at my list of alerts later and figure out if I just missed them somehow. I have to make it a point to go back there and look/update once in a while, I'm so used to just coming to the Lantus forum. Speaking of which - so happy Sue and Sophie was able to take advantage of the surgery at AMC with me! (PSS - there are not any more confirmed cats going to NYC right?)
    I am so nervous for both of us, but I am doing well mentally, so far at least... trying to always look at the bright side. I asked my vet how often I can give him the Gabapetin because I told her I wanted to plan my stops around it, I was not expecting her answer to be every 12 hours! :eek: So... I am probably leaving around 9 or 10 pm, and his appointment is at 10am. Which means the Gaba will be wearing off right when we are in the midst of morning NYC traffic..... lord help me. Lol

You hit the nail on the head! Haha if I rattle that bag of chicken giblets he runs right over harness or not! He really doe not seem bothered by the harness at all. He walks a little funny, but hasn't showed any signs that its an annoyance to him which is good. I've only had it on him a few times so far. Today he had it on for about two hours :) I will have to get the funny photo I took earlier of him sprawled out with it on laying in the sun and post it here later.

I hope everyone has a nice day. Vines to all those in need :bighug:

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Wow Shmee is keeping you on ur toes:eek:

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Olive can have gabapentin every 8 hours for discomfort or pain. I think it's at a lower dose than yours though. My Tux plays dead when his vest is on.

4. Amanda & Shmee

Haha that is what I was expecting with Shmee! He surprised me.

5. Amanda & Shmee

6. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Cute belly!

I went to yesterday's condo to catch up and noticed the 'previous condo' link wasn't working on that one. Could you fix, please?

Good luck in NYC!!

7. Amanda & Shmee

Oops! Thank you for catching that, I just updated it so it should be working now.

8. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Wow! Go Shmee go! These boys, haha. I still think Shmee looks so great in his harness. Previously Lou would play dead also, so I was surprised he walked on his. At the farm, he'd start doing the dead roll after I'd put on the harness, but then perk right back up when I'd put on the leash. Such a weird kid! I'm glad the harness training is working for you two!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    Reason for edit: Correcting typo.
  9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

No need to keep him teasing the sharks. If the reducie doesn't work, you can always take it back up.

It's great that you have a surgery buddy. Two people from here went to CSU for SRT three weeks before I did and it was great to hear their experiences before hand.

10. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

What a great pic. I call that "cat velvet". That's what happens when we shave a soft kitteh - they get even softer. Please give the genie belly a rub for me too.:D

I am excited for Shmee. I may actually be in NYC (at work) during that week that Shmee will be there. Glad to see that Shmee is getting used to the harness.

11. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Theresa liked Shmee's picture too. She wants to rub his gut!:eek::D

Amanda & Shmee and Sonia & Leo like this.
  12. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

Gordy flops around when he has his harness on. Its one like Shmee's, but blue :cat: i wish I had a good photo of him wearing it...

:bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.