08/26 Shmee AMPS 181, +3 174, depot draining

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda & Shmee, Aug 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Previous condo

Hi everyone,

Today is the day. I slept until about 9:30am so that was nice. If I happen to get an hour or two of downtime I'm going to try and nap! Shmee's numbers are staying high so the depot is draining. It's a hard balance trying figure out what dose he should get without going too high or too low.. I hope he does ok in the car. I can't even start thinking about it for too long or I will get too anxious. I don't think he felt very good the last two days, just laying around, and then last night he was gagging a little bit for a few seconds. And I have noticed his head doing those little twitches still (I told the doctor at AMC about this, and my vet, but they both thought it might be from me pricking his ear / his ear bothering him. I never really bought that, and then neurological problems are on the "list" for this tumor so now its in my head that this could be why... who knows though). Its not very often, but maybe once every few days I will catch him. I just caught one this morning. I will bring it up to the doctor. Just another worry... because neurological problems mean the tumor could be too big and we will have to drive back... but again trying not to think of those things right now and just get the car packed up so we can be on our way later tonight, probably around 9:30pm.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for everyone's support. I know we are in so many peoples thoughts and prayers. I appreciate it.

This is me bothering him while he was napping earlier. lol :)
    [​IMG]

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

The best of luck to Shmee and you! Keep us posted please! :bighug:

3. Manu & Porto

Manu & Porto Member

Good luck, Shmee! Porto also does the head twitching now and then, I suspect something is wrong with the ear (teeth?), will comment to the vet next time I already tend to think it is his ear. So stay positive, it could very well be just that. Many many hugs from us, I hope all goes alright!:bighug:

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  4. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Wishing you safe travels tonight. Sending comfort vines for you and successful surgery vines for Shmee.
    Good luck! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for you and Shmee. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Amanda we (FDMB) will all be virtual driving with you. Try to get all this out of your mind since you are on your way to get it fixed, no distractions while driving. Hope you have some good tunes to sing along with. And snacks are a must. M&Ms are my go to on a long drive. In a bowl like cool whip container, easy to grab and chocolate.

We are with you girl, you got this.

7. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

8. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

I tend to overthink as well, so I know how hard it is to shut up the inner monoluge. But right now just focus on getting there safely. Paula is right, snacks are definitely a must. My go-to is Funyuns! I only eat them in the car on the road, haha. Lou, Caleb, and I are all rooting for you and we can't wait to hear that you guys got there safe with no mishaps!

9. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with your drive be safe. Phoebe and I are rooting for you, even my hubby says be careful and good luck. We are all rooting for you and Shmee!! Can't wait to hear how well he did. You go girl!! ;):D:D:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: :coffee::coffee: < steaming energy

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You have people all over the world sending positive energy your way today.:bighug::bighug:

Paula is right, bring chocolate and find good tunes. Maybe Shmee will sing along with you. You are travelling the road to better health for him. Let it be a great ride.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  11. Joanne&TinySole

Joanne&TinySole Well-Known Member

Holding you both in love and light. May Shmee come through with flying colors.

Jill & Jade and Amanda & Shmee like this.
  12. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

We're all 'riding' right along side of you...hope everything goes well and you guys can enjoy the journey. I love a road trip now and again...well, twice a year I get a doozie between Michigan and Florida and then back again:rolleyes:...Enjoy the snacks, the jams and the best to Shmee as he gets the care he deserves.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending vines.........be strong and keep us posted...........We're thinking of you!!

14. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Best of luck Amanda, have a safe trip & keep us posted when you can.

15. Amanda & Shmee

Thank you all :bighug:

I have a bag of snacks (including leftover brownies from the cookout yesterday!) and a read-to-go PB&J that will probably be my breakfast :)
    Shmee barely ate the food I gave him with the Gabapentin, so I actually called AMC in NY since they are open 24 hours and asked one of the doctors if it was ok to give him another pill (since he might have gotten some from the very little bit he ate) and they said yes, Gaba is a very safe drug, so I gave it to him orally. My poor guy.. he's very sleepy! I think I might even forego the RR for now (gave him some around 5 too with the Gaba, and give him some RR on our first stop with some treats. I have lots of music downloaded and podcasts to keep me awake. You all are amazing, I will update you asap. :bighug::bighug:

16. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Sending vines for safe travel and a good outcome for Schmee's surgery. Think positively, and remember that everyone here is with you.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:s and scritches,

17. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Great pic!
    Have a good drive to NYC. Shmee will be in good hands during the trip and during his surgery.

See you there.

18. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

:bighug:

Prayers and many hugs. Safe travels

19. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

I love Shmee's expression when you interrupted his nap. :D

20. Chubba (GA)

Thinking of you guys this morning. :bighug:

21. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Beaming out a ton of positive energy to you and Shmee as you embark on this medical adventure. :):bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

22. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Thinking of you. Sending more positive thoughts and energy...
    :bighug:

23. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

You and Shmee are in our thoughts Amanda, what an unbelievably amazing thing you're doing for your kitty, sending you tons of good karma :bighug::bighug::bighug: What a beautiful picture of the both of you!

24. Amanda & Shmee

Thank you everyone. I don’t think I would be able to do this without your support.

We just got here. Our appointment isn’t until ten and I figured we could wait in my car and come in closer to ten, where he can use the litter box. I was wrong, valet took my car and I stink because I thought I would have time in my car to brush my teeth and stuff. I have so much stuff of his to carry up.... All I have is him and I’m waiting in the waiting room, it’s 8:50am so I really hope the doctor is ready early. I know he has to pee. I got a litter box from the hospital and took him in the bathroom but it has the tiniest amount of litter in it and he won’t go. He’s being so quiet..... very unlike him. I feel so terrible I know he’s so scared. It’s taking everything in me not to completely break down. Doing my best to stay strong. Thank you all so very much. I will update later.

25. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

26. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Hooray!! I'm so glad you made it! Can you ask them for some more litter? Say you're kitty's a bit gun shy? I hope the doctor is ready early so you don't have to twiddle your thumbs for too long. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

27. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

Just happened on to this thread when I was posting and should never of read it while at work because it made me tear up. Hugs to you and and a big head scratch to Shmee. Fingers crossed for you both!! :bighug::bighug:

28. Chubba (GA)

Glad you made it. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

29. Olive & Paula

So glad you made it safe. You must be exhausted., You are strong, you got this. You have a busy day ahead of you. You have to get some rest also, are you able too, are you staying overnight?

30. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Yay! You got there early, and everyone is fine. There are two places you cannot be late at:
    - the Acromegaly vet
    - the airport

You did it right.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

LuvinThisPig and Amanda & Shmee like this.
  31. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

We were just thinking of you! Big first step accomplished, you are there safe. Hope the doctor is ready to catch a urine sample, because Shmee might be ready to give one :woot:

You'll be in our thoughts all day. :bighug:

32. Jill & Jade

Jill & Jade Well-Known Member

Reading all these messages got me all choked up.....I know you can feel all the love and so can Shmee. Let me add another layer :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

33. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad you made it safe. Positive Vines being sent your way both for Shmee and you!

34. Amanda & Shmee

Thank you everyone. Sitting in my car crying, I’m so emotional with no sleep, instant regret when he took him, and to top it off I didn’t realize my Airbnb check in isn’t until 6pm o_O and the “plenty of street parking” is literally none and tons of parking restrictions. I drove around for an hour and finally found a spot, but there’s no parking on Tuesday’s so I’ll move it tomorrow. I feel so terrible I’m so negative right now. I already miss him, I’m a complete wreck. Thanks so much for the hugs and well wishes, you all are getting me through this. I’m going to try and take a nap in my car, then get some food. ❤️❤️❤️ Please god let this all be worth it.

35. Jill & Jade

Jill & Jade Well-Known Member

F70C91C4-3658-4300-85CC-CCCB70C5FFCC.gif
    Hang in there!!! I’m sorry things aren’t going
    smoothly for you. How frustrating And stressful.
    You’re not a wreck, you’re human and full
    Of love for your sweet boy. Crying is healthy and it’s therapeutic and you need it. All our hearts are hurting with you right now. Keep us posted.

36. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

Sending more :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

37. Olive & Paula

Is there a way to call Airbnb and see if you can check in early? Could you go back to valet and park it there and sleep?

38. Chubba (GA)

This will be worth it in the end. Hope you can get some sleep and maybe even check in early.

39. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Amanda and Shmee!!
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

We have not forgotten!!! I have no excuse, but life!! I woke up last night at 3:00 am in a panic because... Today is the day!! And I did not in anyway want you to think that you and Shmee were not on our minds!

We are all rooting for Shmee and you! You are making the absolutely right decision and it will be all worth it.

All the best vines and well wishes and loves for you both!

40. Mom2Maverick

Mom2Maverick Member

Maverick and I are sending you and Shmee good vibes from Ohio!

Amanda & Shmee and LuvinThisPig like this.
  41. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Pig still does this. Your right, it is not all that often, but it does happen. I started to catch it because the sudden sound of collar hitting something. He will also twitch more when his numbers are higher, like if I am petting him. I think it is more muscular exhaustion. It certainly could be neurological. But, all of this to say that Pig did it and still does, albeit less often, but his tumor was not all that big. So, do not worry! Wait until there is a definitive, then you can address it from there and go on. Trust me. Wendy taught me this. You will drive yourself nuts!

42. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Big hugs!!:bighug: you made step one done. I would call the bandb and ask about early checking hive them your story and tell them you drove all night could they get you in early. You can do it, do it thru the fear. You rock!!

43. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Amanda, I'm so glad that you got there OK. I can only imagine how hard it was to leave Shmee with the doctors, but continue to think positively and all will be OK.

When we are in NYC we park in the Motorgate parking garage on Roosevelt Island. It costs only $24 dollars for 24 hours (less if you park less than 24 hours). You park your car and take your key. It is near the AMC. Drive down 2nd Ave. and take the 59th St. Bridge (now called the Ed Koch Bridge), upper level. As you exit the bridge go north on 21st St. Drive to 36th Ave. and turn left. 36th Ave. takes you to and across the Roosevelt Island bridge. The Parking Garage will be on your right at the end of the bridge. After you park your car (levels 5 and 6 are visitor parking), take the elevator down to the street (C level) and turn left. Walk about 1/4 mile and you will be able to take either the subway (F train) or the Roosevelt Island Tram into Manhattan. If you take the Tram you will be at 60th St. and 2nd Ave. If you take the F train (one stop to Lexington Ave) you will be at Lexington Ave. and 59th St.

We are thinking of you and praying that all will go well with Schmee's surgery.

JeffJ and Amanda & Shmee like this.
  44. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

You are doing fine. I bet you are probably finally sleeping now. And on Thursday you get a big hug from a old cat lover guy. Shmee will be thru the procedure and healing in no time.

45. Amanda & Shmee

Thank you all so much. Ugh today was horrible. Only got about an hour of sleep (maybe?) in the car. My aunt bobbi was having surgery today to get a cancerous tumor removed... so I was getting updates from my mom. She is doing well, and they got the tumor out, but she will have to have a coloscomy bag. But we are all happy she is doing ok.

I walked a few blocks with my stuff ready at 6pm and then he messaged me saying sorry work kept him late and it wont be ready until 6:45. Walked back... At 6:45 is when he got him, not when the room was ready. Still needed to be cleaned. You get what you pay for though.... this place was very cheap. Its 9:45pm and I am finally about to lay down and get some sleep. @Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Thank you so much for the garage offer but I am parked right outside the AirBNB now, lots more parking opened up in the evening. He said I shouldnt get a ticket, "no one ever does", so I'm hoping for the best.

I am going to update now about Shmee in the Acro forum. Here is the thread.

Chubba (GA) and JeffJ like this.
  46. Amanda & Shmee

Thanks Jeff I am finally about to go to bed!!

JeffJ likes this.
  47. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Good luck with the parking! Having done the "alternate-side-of-the-street parking dance" for many years (in Brooklyn--never in Manhattan), I can tell you that it is very time-consuming. How long will you be there?

I hope Shmee will have a good night and not be frightened. I hope you will get some much needed sleep. I"m glad your aunt is OK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.