09/03 Shmee AM 89, +3 95

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda & Shmee, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Previous condo

Good morning everyone,

NS this morning again, his numbers looked good so I skipped again to be safe. The doctor said sometimes he may need one unit and sometimes need a half, depending on how low he gets. So I am thinking a little tweaked version of that and when his numbers come back up I am going to try starting at .25U, so we can be more consistent.

The last few poops I've noticed weren't as soft as the last few days which is good. He is still quiet (very unlike him), and kind of just lays around, but seems to be doing well in healing mode. He is also still VERY hungry. I have been feeding him more than normal so he doesn't get dehydrated. Right now he is laying in the sun :)

He also slept with me and purred the last two nights. This is one of the only times hes purred since being home, which is also very unlike him. I was so happy.

I hope everyone has a nice day.
    Sorry I have been so wrapped up in my second job and him that I am so behind on everyone else :( I need to catch up more soon!

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Glad to hear he is doing so well.

3. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

That is great news Amanda. It sounds like he is adjusting back to his home life after the traumatic but healing surgery.

Can you believe it?
    5 units/dose just one month ago
    0.5 - 1.0 units/dose now

What a rewarding experience for you and Shmee. And Theresa keeps asking me everyday how he is doing too! We are so happy that the whole experience was safe and achieved the proper results.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  4. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

We all want our special kitties to be alright. This is such good news! It takes time to mend.... and energy! Healing mode as you said! I’m glad he’s purring & sleeping with you! He’ll be back to his ole self in no time!

JeffJ and Amanda & Shmee like this.
  5. Amanda & Shmee

It really is hard to believe!

JeffJ and Idjit's mom like this.
  6. Ana & Frosty (GA)

Ana & Frosty (GA) Well-Known Member

Girl, it’s september ;) I was looking hard for your post and couldn’t find it, I think you meant 9/3 :joyful::bighug: :D

Amanda & Shmee and JeffJ like this.
  7. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

It has been such a whirlwind for Amanda that she probably has jet lag and calendar lag!

MyTitan (GA) and Amanda & Shmee like this.
  8. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

So happy to hear Shmee is purry and sleeping with momma bean. And no more acro headache :)

9. Amanda & Shmee

LOL OOPS!

PMPS was 149, so I decided to do a .25U shot. Since he has been very hungry and eating everything in one sitting, I tried to split up his +3 meal to 1/4 can at +3 and 1/4 can at +5. Well it's +5 and he is down to 54 :eek:, so I gave him the rest of his meal (plus a little more) and 1 tsp HC gravy. Not really sure what dose to do tomorrow morning o_O We will see how the night goes.

JeffJ likes this.
  10. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Playing catch up after a super busy week,,,, so glad Shmee’s surgery went well and he is recovering well. :bighug::bighug::bighug: And prayers for a speedy recovery!

11. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Overall good numbers since the surgery. It looks like Shmee is wanting to go OTJ now, not later!

12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Maybe 0.1 units? :cool: Or try feeding a small snack, 1-2 tsp of LC, at +8-9 to see if you can kick start that pancreas and bring down the PS numbers. He's trying. :D

Found an island, population 350, but with wireless at the marina. Had to check in on Shmee. :)

13. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

WOWWW! Shmee looking wonderful! It's scary shooting those low numbers, huh? It's what we all wish and hope for...and then when we get there it scares us - well me at least - half to death!:eek::eek: Those roller coasters are scary...hang in there Amanda! Hope Shmee is headed to the OTJ party!!

14. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Amanda, just spent an hour reading your last posts leading up to surgery and after. What axwonderful and scary ride you and Shmee have been on. Titan, Paula and I are pulling for complete recovery :bighug:, Ed .

15. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Awesome update:bighug: