09/09 Shmee AMBG 109, +6 72, PMBG 84

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda & Shmee, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Previous condo

Hi everyone, sorry for the late update today.
    I can tell Shmee has felt good today. He hada great appetite and didnt go to his normal spot where he has been laying around since the surgery, he went to a few other of his favorite spots today and watched the birds intensely, and tried swatting at some at the windowsill like he used to. Also had a solid (but stinky!) poop today so that is good. Last liquid poop was maybe 2 or 3 days ago. Side note -- random but he doesnt cover up his poops or pees anymore?! Like hes lazy? Ever since we got home I have left the top off his litterbox and left it out in the bedroom so I can monitor. Maybe that has something to do with it..? Like he doesnt care if they get covered since hes not boxed in? No clue.

@JeffJ I think it was you that gave me the tip of pressing that top left button on the autofeeder so it doesnt go off course? I finally played around with it today and its still doing it :rolleyes::rolleyes:.. I must have a defective one. I wish I wouldve realized it sooner so I could take it back. Planning on calling and maybe they will offer me a discount on a new one or something.

Went live on Facebook for a giveaway I was doing for my new job today... it didnt go terrible but I definitely messed up. The screen was the wrong way for a while and then found out later I was totally zoomed into my face! Ugh. Embarrassing but at least I warned everyone that is was my first time... lol. Taking it as a learning experience.

Sending healing vines and hugs to @Ana & Frosty who has helped me so much through this journey.

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Nice update!
    Amanda, I figured out why I couldn’t add u guys to my list of people I was sending vines to, I’m crazy, I kept putting shmee’s name first so it wasn’t bringing up you guys
    So anyway, sending you guys healing vines and :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Sue and Luci and Amanda & Shmee like this.
  3. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Awh thank you so much. I know so many people on here have us in our hearts :cat: I appreciate it.

Bellasmom and Sue and Luci like this.
  4. Ana & Frosty (GA)

Ana & Frosty (GA) Well-Known Member

I’m SO glad to hear Shmee is doing better. Thank you for your kind words and wishes. :bighug:

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  5. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Good update Amanda. I am glad to hear that Shmee is recovering well. We don't have an auto-feeder, unless Theresa calls me the "auto-feeder and dishwasher".:eek:

Good poops and pees are a good sign. Sometimes our kittehs don't cover them up much either. Little Dude has never learned to use a litter box. He goes in the backyard. Digs a deep hole each time and buries the heck out of it. Then we collect it so the two little doggies don't get a free snack. (yeah, pretty gross).

Theresa loves hearing about Shmee. She is continually jealous that Leo didn't get surgery instead of SRT. Anyhow, glad to hear that Shmee is trying to get birds...that is a healthy sign.

6. Cynthia & Merlin (GA)

Cynthia & Merlin (GA) Member

I needed to hear this today. I'm soooo happy Shmee feels better and is starting to be a cat again. If I'm relieved, you must be over the moon!

7. Cynthia & Merlin (GA)

Cynthia & Merlin (GA) Member

I just saw Frosty's Post. Sending much love and comfort. Looking forward to better news soon.

8. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

I'd call them anyway. I got a new one half off. You never know....

Glad to read schmee is starting to feel better!

9. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Wonderful report on Shmee!

10. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

We had one of those 5-section feeders once, when we had Stu. It regularly went off course and stopped between sections, so poor Stu couldn't get his head in to get the food. I finally got a CatMate C2 (two pop-up compartments each with it's own mechanical timer. No digital electronics! It has worked perfectly for all these years.

So happy to hear that Shmee is feeling good. Great news!

11. Beck and Philly

Beck and Philly Well-Known Member

Hugs to you and Shmee! I did the same thing on my first FB live. Now when I start a live session I have my phone turned away from me or i put my finger over the rear camera when I push the button to start. I also have paper taped over my work laptop's webcam.

12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

:joyful::joyful::joyful:

I think we should call this experiment what it is, day 4 of an OTJ trial.
    For my Petsafe 5, it's the top RIGHT buttom that does a trial turn so you can make sure things are seated properly. Just tried it right now, haven't used the feeder for a couple years, still works.

13. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Laura and Gremlin (GA) Well-Known Member

Lovely news!
    Sending vines for continued improvement.

I go live on Facebook for my business all the time. It gets easier!!