1/3 Myagi amps 207, +3.5 101, +5.5 98, +7.5 132, pmps 159 incrs, +2.5 97, +4 78, +6 130

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Myagi (GA) and Heidi, Jan 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Myagi (GA) and Heidi Well-Known Member

2. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Eat your foods, Myagi, and put that handsome blue suit on! ;) :cool:

Myagi (GA) and Heidi likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Myagi eats better today and slides down and surfs.

4. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

+3.5 101. Whoot whoot :smuggrin:

5. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

6. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

+7.5 132
    This long acting insulin doesn't seem to last very long in my boy.?? Myagi seems slow to onset and quick to nadir after onset. Hmmmm

7. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

If you were doing TR, I’d suggest an increase to try and get the numbers down a bit and more green time. On SLGS he’s looking real good. :D

8. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Hiya. We're trying TR. Didn't change signature cause don't know if we can sustain it. So you'd suggest 0.5 at pmps. And he only gets reduction if he goes below 50? @Doodles & Karen and he has enough data that if I can monitor I can shoot low? And if he goes between 50 and 80 I should not steer with anything other than the usual lc but test more? Thanks! @Marje and Gracie

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  9. Doodles & Karen

What you wrote above is accurate. He's making it to high green but there's room for improvement on TR. When ever you shoot lower then before we always suggest getting a +1 & 2 and go from there. As you start shooting lower the hope is he'll eventually flatten out and stay in better numbers longer. Sometimes it can be tricky at first but you test enough. Think about it, you don't necessarily need to increase tonight.

When Doodles was a normal diabetic before IAA, we started with SLGS (he was a kibble addict). If you look at his 2015 tab in the SS, we switched to TR around Dec. 5th. Within a few weeks he went from bouncy to almost an all green kitty earning reductions by staying green for 7 days (or dipping below 50). His neuropathy also magically went away and he was fully recovered. Not saying switching to TR will be magic for Myagi, just sharing my experience. It was nerve wracking at first but got easier over time. Also, I know Myagi has food appy issues at times....Doodles did too and was not food motivated. Luckily he ate when I needed him to and if not, I always had the syringe ready;)

10. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

@Doodles & Karen
    I looked at the ss and it looks like Doodles had some failed reductions like Myagi before staying blues and greens for you on the higher doses. I get the two protocols have different decrease and increase protocols, but I don't really get how that helped Doodles or will help Myagi stay green more. Am I missing something obvious?
    Also you initially suggested increase earlier today and now are saying maybe not necessary. Why? Thanks!

11. Doodles & Karen

I want you to be ready for TR is all, didn't realize you decided to try it until just a while ago. If it were me I'd increase but was wanting you to be comfortable and decide on your own :)

TR is more aggressive and we ask ourselves....where do we want the nadirs to be. When nadirs are only high greens and they've been on a dose for a while there is room to increase and try to get the nadirs down and also hope they spend more time there. Some get flatter, and some just continue to bounce. Only Myagi will decide. Sometimes by increasing it jump starts them and they start earning reductions.

12. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Ok. So he's ready for another increase then (He's been 0.25 12 cycles - feels like I just increased yesterday, what?!). He's a very bouncy boy so far but hopefully he'll decide he likes stable better! He's chowing down before food lift in minute. Fussiness is a new thing, was never his nature. I can do this! Lol :confused:
    Thanks!

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  13. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

@Doodles & Karen
    I knew there Was something I was forgetting to ask. All the +1 +2 - Myagi really doesn't do anything till later (ecid, know thy cat), so must i do those? Strips are dear and I'd rather test hourly or even more after he's active than waste a strip confirming he's flat or still rising. Is that unreasonable? Thanks again!

14. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Okey dokey Smokey pokey!
    Pmps 159, 0.5u (increase from 0.25), started fussy then ate fine. Caveat - first time he's flinched and I'm 90% sure he got it but it also could have been my first fur shot @JeffJ jinxed me). :eek::D

JeffJ likes this.
  15. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

You don’t need to always get a +1.....only if you shoot low.

However, the +2 can tell you how active the cycle might be. If the +2 is similar to or less than the PS, it’s likely to be an active cycle. If it’s more than meter variance above the PS, it’s likely to be a quiet cycle.

Even if you are just trying TR, I’d update the signature line. I was thinking last night that you were testing enough for TR but assumed you had a reason for doing SLGS. If I’d known you were doing TR, I’d have suggested you do an increase this morning :)

Hoping for some nice, flat green cycles and a hungry kitty!

16. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Could have just been an ouchie shot, it happens. Do you know about the bevel tip of the syringe and how to angle it so it goes in smoothly? Paws crossed for no fur shot!

17. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Ignore the pm lol. :confused: what's the shoot low you're thinking for Myagi for a +2? He really still rises or holds till almost+3. I discussed ity in his condos but you're right, I'll make note in signature re TR. Fingers crossed something good happens and nothing scary.

18. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Yes. Was my fault cause didn't wait till eating. Opening new can and all the water and med prep so he was watching me and it was probably cold. Thanks! :):bighug: tell his girlfriend He sends kisses

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  19. Marje and Gracie

I actually think every CG with a cat on Lantus should get a +2 every cycle they can.

Insofar as to when to get a +1, the first several times you shoot green to start. Once you build data for what he does at +1 when you shoot green, you might be able to lay off the +1 tests. However, if you have a cat like Asia, she likes to drop at +1 so Stacy needs to usually test her at +1 when she shoots green.

Things change...patterns don’t always stay the same so best to be sure at least for a bit.

20. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Ok. Just like the insulin needs change, the patterns can change too. Got it. Green shots +1 and+2 at least till I know a lot more. Got it. Thanks fur help and patience! :bighug::bighug: and also I know you're send him no trampoline energy!!:rolleyes:

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  21. Marje and Gracie

You’re welcome! Sending wishes for flat cycles.
    D55631F4-34CC-4AF2-B372-BA5D3452D742.jpeg

22. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Yep. Every 6 months here - a fur shot like clockwork. Each one adds to the frustration factor.

Myagi's numbers are looking great the last 3 days. And also good for the last month. At this rate we will be looking for signs of neuropathy reversal. Some cats have almost full recovery, which can take a few months. Fingers crossed.

23. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Thanks buddy! And no fur cause Myagi def had insulin on board!
    +2.5 97 :D

JeffJ and Chris & China (GA) like this.
  24. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

+4 78
    Too nervous to be tired :rolleyes: I wish he'd eat more though - chows down when it doesn't matter. Lol

25. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Know Thy Cat. Neko onset later on Lantus, so +2 never told me much. +3 became a better tool. Some people find +2.5 works well.

Great time for a surf Myagi. :D

26. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Hiya! :) thanks Wendy! :bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.