1-May Mav AMPS 196|PMPS 189|+3 198|+5.25 94|+8.5 153

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Christie & Maverick, May 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Yesterday's post

Well I'm a bit curious, Maverick came down a bit overnight, to start off blue AMPS. He dipped just a little mid cycle, then came back up to almost bookend PMPS. As much as I see a failed reduction, I only shot 1.25u tonight, as I'm wondering if maybe keeping flatter in blue for a while might help correct the bounces from greens? I just feel like I'm constantly chasing the numbers to get him green, we get there, then he goes high again. We very rarely get great cycles back to back. But, what if he can steadily flatten, maybe sustain those blues, then I go for an increase....bad logic?

2. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

I like your thinking, might keep the bounces at bay?

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  3. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good logic. Yes most strive for greens but some kitties feel really good in blue and if it keeps Mav from skyrocketing to pinks then why not try it. How would you keep him there...MC food?
    :bighug:

4. Christie & Maverick

I figured it was worth a try, shoot, I don't know, there are so many variables at play, how well you shoot, how the insulin gets absorbed/used, the carbs in that particular food batch (+/-), whether it's a full moon lol. I just saw the potential for these plateaus, like safe zones where he's recharging ...yes not green, but where his body doesn't need to counteract the lows. If I can get a few steady patterns in a row, I'd almost rather see steady mid blues, than a few hours in green, then crazy numbers (certainly clearly above renal threshold) for the rest of the next few days as his system sorts things out.

Or there's trying Lev...but don't tell Mav, I still have that trick in my back pocket ;)

Beenie (GA) likes this.
  5. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck on wrangling Mav's bounces! :bighug::bighug::bighug: to you both!

6. Christie & Maverick

See that's the thing, I've rarely used MC food or HC food, 12% yes if he hits low 50s early cycle (those ones I tend to panic, and I want to stop the drop), otherwise it's maybe higher LC (6-9%) otherwise just usual 1-4% food. Tonight and tomorrow will be telling, if 1.25u is just enough to keep him flatter, just no greens...if he can hold that for a few cycles, I think he'd feel better overall. Those pinks have been hard on him, he's not wanted to play as much, and he's been laying on the floor under the bed :(, today was better, he was more perky, and talkative.

7. Christie & Maverick

Hi Alicia! Nice to see you :bighug::bighug:

Alicia & Maggie (GA) likes this.
  8. Beenie (GA)

So good to see you @Alicia & Maggie (GA) :bighug::bighug:

9. Beenie (GA)

:(Sorry those pinks are so hard on him. Breaks my heart when they hide. Give this a whirl otherwise give that trick in your back pocket a go;)

10. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks Michelle! @Beenie (GA) Thought I better check in on the gang because it has been a while. Miss all of you... :bighug:

11. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It can't hurt to try it and see if it helps flatten Mav out. But you may have to go up higher in dose to get his overall numbers to come down if it doesn't work. I hope you can figure something out.

12. Christie & Maverick

Thanks Carla :). Oh yes, absolutely, it's the timing of the increase I'm after, he did so well on 1.5u we kept that dose for 6 weeks, but he still bounced, I suspect 1.25u won't be enough, it's trying to see if I can get his body more comfortable in blues than yellows..then maybe greens. I know he can hit those greens on 1.5u, and really the bounces were clearing much faster than a few months ago, so that is definitely progress ;). He'll need an increase, I just wanted to see if I can get him a bit flatter blues before we increase, if that makes any sense.

13. Christie & Maverick

+3=198, I'm ok with that..

14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Unfortunately, they don't "get used to blues" as an intermediate step. Many have tried but I haven't seen any succeed. More juice also lowers the high numbers. The pinks have crept back in at 1.25 units.

15. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

I'd seriously give the Levemir a go, Alicia. You know how Girlie bounced and dove. Levemir truly changed things for us in that department, even though she doesn't get the longer duration that some other cats get. It doesn't take long to get used to how Levemir works or figure out how it's a little different from Lantus. The biggest thing is the (usually) later onset and (for some cats) longer duration. But Girlie is unpredictable there and doesn't really fit into the "four hour past shot onset"; she's usually a +3 onset, but can onset a little earlier, though that would be rare. That later onset can work really nicely in certain situations. Good luck, good luck, whatever you choose to do!!! :bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.