10/08 Shmee

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda & Shmee, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Last post - bloodwork in

Shmee was acting nauseas yesterday, after being incredibly hungry for so long, he didn't want to eat a few meals yesterday. Same nauseas symptoms - would act hungry, go to the bowl, and not eat. I should have been proactive and gave him the cerenia (6mg) because he threw up this morning. Not a lot, and looked like saliva. I also found a poop outside his litterbox that I just cleaned yesterday. That was odd - has never happened before. @Ana & Frosty was nice enough to send me an extra pill buster she had, so looks like I will try and get that figured out for tomorrows pill. Hopefully Dr. McCue calls me today to talk about Shmees bloodwork. I am so anxious to get all these crazy levels figured out. He has been extremely irritable, which is why I haven't taken his sugar in the last few days... scared he will bite or scratch me up again. I barely get his Desmopressin shot in now a days, I really hope those capsules come today. I have been giving him his shot while he's eating or treats, which I hate to do because he always looks over his shoulder now when he eats like hes scared. But its the only chance I have of him not attacking me.

Vines to all in need of them :bighug: and thank you all for your support!! I hope everyones Mondays go by fast.

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Sending hugs and vines your way:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  5. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

6. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    I hope the doc has some answers for you.

Sending piles of vines, hope he stops feeling nauseous, and eats better for you.

7. Amanda & Shmee

Thank you. No call from Dr. McCue yet. Desmopressin capsules should be here by Thursday :/ I guess they need to be shipped on ice so it couldn't be shipped over the weekend. DH did the shot tonight, which is always a relief.

Ana & Frosty (GA) likes this.
  8. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Maybe CBD oil would help the nausea?

9. Amanda & Shmee

@Bronx's dad hm i will ask about that and good luck on Bronxs increase :bighug:

@JeffJ I was just checking on an update for Leoberry and see that he had samples of masses sent to the lab and he has pain in his leg. Sorry to hear that :( How is he doing, and have you gotten the results?

Bronx's dad (GA) likes this.
  10. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Also, the CBD oil may help ease any pain and put him in a better mood.

11. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Thanks for asking about Leo. I don't want to eat up this thread, and I'll make a thread later this week when we have biopsy results about the masses in his ankles, which have impacted him in just the past 3 weeks. We are worried.:(

Currently Leo is off chemo. He has regained strong appetite, and is still fairly mobile.

I am sorry to hear Shmee is still having behavior issues. I hope he overcomes the anger issues soon and also regains his good appetite.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good luck with the blood work results. I hope the hormone levels get straightened out soon.

I had to add a comment about aprazolam. I too think it's a good idea to try before you really need to use it. My civvie (GA) got prescribed it by a emergency vet for cystitis episode and it knocked him totally loopy. That being said, I have heard of other cats here being fine on it.

@JeffJ Thinking of you and Theresa and Leo. :bighug:

Amanda & Shmee and JeffJ like this.
  13. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

14. Amanda & Shmee

Update - Dr. McCue is finally going to call me today. I will put up a new thread after I talk to him.
    The last two days he has eaten the Cerenia in pill pockets so I haven't had to use the pill buster yet. He wont eat the duck flavor so hopefully its not skyrocketing his sugar too high. Last time I tried pill pockets he eventually figured out there was pills in there and stopped, so we will see. Although I only give 6mg and then cut that in half, so they are very tiny. I still haven't tested his sugar because he is so irritable... I need to try and do that today.

@JeffJ I just read your new thread and am so happy Leos masses are not cancerous. You and Theresa must be relieved. Horrible game you have to play.... I hope this is the last time you have to deal with this. Many vines your way for a successful treatment plan (he will love those extra treats!).

15. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Thanks Amanda, for Leo's wishes.

We give Leo pills all the time. Probably the first month or two, we felt like amateurs. He doesn't like pills, but I guess if you do anything a million times, then you end up getting better with it. Of course Leo doesn't fight us, as he just squirms around during the process.

16. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Sending vines and prayers that Shmee feels better and is back to his usual self soon!