10/13 Neko AMPS 115 +5 131 +7 214 PMPS 244 b/w results

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Wendy&Neko, Oct 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yesterday's story on wavering appy.

I've added to the list of things I do not want to see before going to bed "39 on the BG meter early in the cycle and an inappetant cat". Neko ate a decent amount for dinner last night. Ate about half of her meal in lamburger (8%) and I syringed the rest in Recovery (7%). In spite of all that, she dropped like a rock at onset. And decided she no longer wanted to eat. So I syringed a yummy conconction of HC gravy and syrup. She did come up with that and I set another alarm for later. I vaguely remember hearing that alarm. :oops: Darn IOS 10 has slightly changed the interface on the alarm system - so not helpful in the wee hours. Anyway, reduction taken.

Neko's appy is wavering again today. She is feeling some nausea I think (hanging out by water bowl occasionally) and is very picky. I gave tummy meds. She ate a good portion of Recovery and I'll probably do one last syringe of that and she ate a bit of her Wellness Chicken and Beef. The fav lamburger of last night only got a few mouthfuls.

I really want to hear the results of the thyroid tests. One of the symptoms of hypothyroidism is inappetitance. Which she has in spades. And the longer it goes untreated, if that's what she has, the harder on her kidneys. Unfortunately today is the last day IM vetty works this week and he's off next week. :arghh:

Vines to all in need. Stay safe those in the Canadian west coast and US PNW - I hope the storm turns into a fizzle.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you get the results back today. I'm glad Neko finally came up for you. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Stay safe if you're near the predicted storms.

3. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

I hope the vetty gets back to you today! Sending some appy vines Neko's way!

4. Asrael

Asrael Well-Known Member

Paws crossed that the tests get back today!!! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Eeeks on the overnight shenanigans and glad you were able to bring her up. Ah, Neko...please try to eat your fuds sweet girl. I'd be on the phone not being nice at this point for those test results :mad::banghead: Lots of vines and prayers :bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Wendy, I am so sorry that you went through that last night. 39 is certainly scary enough without a cat that won't eat. Hope her appy improves. Sending vines.:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Lots of tummy vines and appy vines for Neko and vines to the IM vet to call you today. Hugs to you, Wendy.
    Liz

8. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Keeping our paws crossed the I'm vetty gets back to you.

9. Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA)

Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA) Member

Sending appy vines for Neko. Come on vetty...ring baby, ring....waiting is the absolute WORST!

10. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Sending anti-nausea and good appy vines and prayers to you and Neko!!

11. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Eat yer fuds, Neko! Don't freak out your mamabean.

Wendy, I hope the vet gets back to you with the results before heading out on vacation.

Stay safe in the storms. I guess you won't be rowing!

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty
    p.s. we picked up my guideboat today. It's beautiful. Will row it for the first time on Saturday. I've named it "Homer" (after Winslow Homer's famous painting "The Blue Boat").

12. Wendy&Neko

Well, I finallly got the bill from the vet. Was delayed getting a copy of that too. :rolleyes: Still no word on results, but if vetty gets something he doesn't call until evening anyway.:nailbiting:

Neko's appy was better this afternoon. Don't know if it's the drugs, but I'll take it.

Supposed to be 70 km/hr winds overnight and tomorrow, so that's just moderate. Saturday is supposed to be the big blow. I'm well stocked on cat food. Been a lousy couple of weeks for rowing practice. The teams rowing in the race weekend after this haven't rowed together yet. Oh well, you always get a warm up going to the start.

@Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) - I was wondering if you named things. We have a new boat (orange) in our club that so far hasn't told us her name.

13. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Yup. We name everything. Hope that "orange" suggests her name to you soon.

14. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Glad her appy picked up...sending along "call with the results, vetty!!" vines! Stay safe in that nasty weather, Wendy....

15. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

16. Wendy&Neko

Not hypoT - it's her kidneys. :( Starting tomorrow we are going to try a bit of fluids again. Just 50 ml every other day to start. We don't want to overwhelm her heart. :nailbiting::nailbiting: Rock, meet hard place. :arghh: Next time she goes in for b/w at the vet, the cardio vetty will take a quick peak at things to see how she's doing.

:p:p Very appropo, given current weather conditions. We try to name our boats including names of local landmarks (parks, mountains, waterfalls and other local features).

HWright likes this.
  17. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

18. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Phooey. But your little girl has a pretty terrific rock-hard-place manager. You! I just wish you didn't have to juggle so many things.

Sending light.

Marilyn

HWright likes this.
  19. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Hugs. Tis indeed a hard place - giving enough water to help the kidneys yet not overtaxing the heart.

HWright likes this.
  20. Asrael

Asrael Well-Known Member

21. Wendy&Neko

I'm feeling so sad for Elise/Max tonight. The heart trumps all, but the kidneys can do a nasty number too. Like @Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey said, it's like juggling chain saws.

Thanks all for visiting and encouraging Neko on. She did a decent number on her Wellness turkey on tonight's first serving. We'll see how long that lasts.

The one bright light over here, Neko's on her smallest ever dose.

22. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry the news wasn't better, but I know you will manage this, as you have everything else that's been thrown into the mix so far.

Sending tons of good appy vines, along with some general purpose ones to use where needed most, and lots of :bighug:s.

23. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

I'm having a hard time even visiting condos. Glad to hear she did good with the Wellness and she has the best mama bean. Tons of continued vines and prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

HWright likes this.
  24. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

adding more appy vines.... and kidney vines.... and prayers.....

Scritches to the beautiful girl....

25. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry you and Neko are between a rock and a hard place.:bighug::bighug:
    Hope the small amount of fluids does the job.
    Sending many many apps and kidney vines.

26. mucacopatarica

mucacopatarica Well-Known Member

Oh...that are not good news :( Kittys kidneys allways scarres me...
    I am sending you great appy and healing kidneys vines :bighug::bighug::bighug:

27. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry the news wasn't better. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

28. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

So sorry Wendy! Sending prayers and vines!!:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

29. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Wendy))) so sorry the news isn't better for Neko, but she couldn't be in better hands. Hope the fluids help.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

30. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

31. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear the latest report on Neko. Sending mega prayers and healing vines, along with an unlimited supply of hugs. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

32. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

So sorry that the news wasn't better. Adding tons more vines and good thoughts! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

33. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Adding our vines to the bouquet. I know that you will juggle just fine.

Eat well today, Neko!

Hugs and scritches. Stay safe in the storm.

34. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Also sending vines and hugs..juggling chainsaws, that's the perfect analogy..
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Hoping Neko eats well today:bighug::bighug:

HWright likes this.
  35. Julie and Eleanor (GA)

Julie and Eleanor (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry the news wasn't better, Wendy. Sending prayers, as always.

36. Kako & Tux

Kako & Tux Well-Known Member

(((Wendy))) (((Neko)))

37. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Oh Wendy.... I am so sorry.... Neko has rebounded many times and she is a fighter so who knows?
    Seems too may of us are hitting this rock lately:(
    sending healing light and love your way...:bighug::bighug::bighug:

38. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

Sending vines and Prayers to you and Neko. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.