10/23 LT AMBG 80 PMBG 64- OTJ trial day 5

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzanne Burton, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Suzanne Burton

Suzanne Burton Well-Known Member

Most recent condo: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...111-4-105-pmps-113-2-127.220607/#post-2462007

I've been doing an OTJ trial with LT using my Advocate PetTest meter for the last 4 days so the numbers are all blue. I determined that if the PT number is greater than 130, I would give his 1 drop.

So, I've decided that as of today I would also test with the Relion Prime so those used to looking at hooman meters results can see what is going on. I am posting the PT results, done at the same time, in the comments section of the SS. Assuming (which I know can't be always reliable) I would see a similar much lower number, I would think LT numbers during the last 4 days would also be in the green (except for the maybe for the mid cycle 146).

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

How exciting! Go LT!
    :D:D:cat::D:D

Beth 73 and Suzanne Burton like this.
  3. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Go LT ❤️ He is on a mission for sure :bighug: Great job, Momma Bean Suzanne ❤️

Suzanne Burton likes this.
  4. Suzanne Burton

Yes, it is pretty exciting. We are just on day 5, but it seems we are off to a good start:).

5. Suzanne Burton

Thanks, Beth, LT is doing his share of the work right now. We are early in the 14 days of the trial, but we closer with every test. All in our household hope that that the late nights, and the support from all on here during those late nights, will pay off.

Beth 73 likes this.
  6. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Congratulations on Day 5!!! :D:D:D:D:D
    Fantastic Suzanne and LT! :bighug:

7. Suzanne Burton

Thanks! Day by day, we'll see if it holds for us. He is so full of energy these days, we hardly recognize him :):cat:.

Sonia & Leo, Sue and Luci and Beth 73 like this.
  8. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Fingers and paws crossed! :D

Beth 73 likes this.
  9. Suzanne Burton

Thanks! We soak up and appreciate all well-wishes!

Beth 73 likes this.
  10. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Suzanne, I am thrilled for you and LT and your whole household. We here are rooting for our Beautiful Long Tail, the Panther.
    For a long time, he's been on this mission, even with kibble theft and other special little kitty antics.
    I have missed you, and am glad THIS is the news!

11. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Fabulous new Suzanne! Fingers and paws crossed for OTJ coming!!! YEAH!!!:D:D:D:D

12. Suzanne Burton

Thanks Jan for your encouraging words! Yesterday, he showed myself and DH why you can't put kibble anywhere (no he didn't get in to any). We have a partial wall that separates our living room from the kitchen. On one side is a pantry cabinet and on the other side is our woodstove, built in book case, and woodbox. The ledge of the wall must be about 9 feet. I heard some commotion and LT was walking on the ledge- I mean seriously, he had to jump from the kitchen counter, about 2.5 feet away, up about 3-4 feet onto the top of the pantry, and then the short distance to the ledge. Of course, he knocked over and broke one of the treasured knick-knacks up there.

13. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

LT is an entertainer! He's also a healthy 14 year old and knows what he's after - it exists!! So funny, this morning I had to lock up an old container of gabapentin (chewy sugary) after I gave to Tina, because that's all I have now . . . . my crazy boy Al was opening cabinet doors, cleaning out the cabinets, until I remembered how he loves the smell of the gaba (in two containers), and figured out what the heck he was doing!
    My house can't be decorated with any reachable knick knacks. Knocks cups off counters, etc. Oh how do animals and people live together:p:D
    GO LT and quit breaking things!! If only we had a video of LT jumping to the ledge and perusing his kingdom!!

14. Suzanne Burton

:):cool::eek::rolleyes:

Beth 73 likes this.
  15. Camille and Cyclone

Camille and Cyclone Well-Known Member

306726D7-97C2-4D09-9C5C-92EF0134E42B.jpeg

I'm sending a pm with details!

16. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Such exciting news Suzanne! I am thrilled for you and LT. I had thought those consistent low blues you were getting on the pet meter might indicate he was ready. I am glad you did some spot checks with the Relion to confirm it. :D
    That is the best news of all! :joyful: OK, not so much the knick knack damage as a result.

17. Sue and Luci

Your comments here made me think of Luci - and her high flying antics - here's a pic of her sitting in the rafters of our kitchen:

LuciInSkylight.jpg
    I had to glue those glass bottles to the surface so she wouldn't knock them off...she did once and it landed on my Thermodor stove and DINGED the stove!:eek: Didn't break the bottle though - heavy Mexican Glass! Crazy cats! Just remember LT - no shelf is too high...no mountain unscalable! :rolleyes:

18. Sonia & Leo

OMG Sue! How high does she have to jump to get up there?

19. Sue and Luci

She jumps from the counter to the top of the fridge, then the last 4 feet or so - I guess to that rafter. I don't know how she does it - that rafter is only about 5" wide!! How do she land on it without going clean over to the other side - right thru the opening??? She makes me nervous as heck when she does that...the only thing that she could do is land on the chandelier on the other side if she went thru...she gives it not a thought...crazy cat!

20. Sonia & Leo

:joyful: :nailbiting: