10/7 Elmo AMPS 164 +2 235 +4 109,+4.5 94.+. 5 88,+6.106,+8.98,+10.5 171

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Beth 73, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Good morning all :bighug: Well, we did it last night with Bron’s help and a bit of Wendy thrown in for good measure! Question is do we shoot . 50 this AM as Elmo’s earned reduction ? Sending hugs and prayers to all in need of them :bighug::bighug::bighug: @MrWorfMen's Mom @Nan & Amber @carfurby

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Bobbie And Bubba and Beth 73 like this.
  3. Beth 73

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I’m just off to bed but thought I’d look in first to see how Elmo is going.
    Good luck with the reduce
    Ok Elmo, good behaviour today please!:)

Beth 73 likes this.
  5. Beth 73

Thanks again a million, Bron ❤️ From your mouth to Elmo’s ears :cat::cat:

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  6. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Someone was very busy last night. Congratulations on the reduction. I hope Elmo surfs safely for you.
    Hope you can get some rest.

Beth 73 likes this.
  7. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Good luck with the reduction Beth! I hope Elmo surfs safely on it!

Have a great day! Hopefully with some rest and relaxation!!

Beth 73 likes this.
  8. Beth 73

Thanks, Amanda :bighug: Sending prayers that you have peace of mind while at work...Mowgli will be great :bighug:

9. Beth 73

Thank you, Debra :) I’m usually ok in the morning after one of these marathons but when afternoon comes I crash :rolleyes:

10. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

I know exactly the feeling....have a good afternoon nap:)

Beth 73 likes this.
  11. Beth 73

AMPS 164....reduction taken to .50 due to 48 last night.... unless his actions say otherwise I will leave him be until +2...the boy deserves a pokie break ❤️

12. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your reduction dear Beth. And congrats to Elmo for earning a pokie break!

Suzanne Burton and Beth 73 like this.
  13. Beth 73

Thanks , Jan :bighug: A nap is planned for this afternoon for sure..(.just don’t tell Elmo :smuggrin:)

14. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Seriously. You know he was reading your condo last night when I mentioned the thing about flat yellow cycles!

Great job last night Beth, and congratulations on the reduction!!!

MrWorfMen's Mom and Beth 73 like this.
  15. Beth 73

Thanks, Nan ❤️ What an important part of this you are and there are no words to express my appreciation . Just hoping for a quiet day ( or days) so I can rest up .

16. Suzanne Burton

Suzanne Burton Well-Known Member

Congratulations on Elmo's reducie - it was hard-earned! I hope Elmo settles well into his new dose so you can get a bit of sleep - you know that thing where you close your eyes and drift off into dream land.

Beth 73 likes this.
  17. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Way to go Beth and Elmo! Another reducie! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Beth 73 likes this.
  18. Beth 73

+2....235....thyroids given with snack...next check at +4....nap planned for afternoon for me :)

19. Beth 73

Thank you, Suzanne ❤️ Our boys are doing this their own way,,for sure......I’m convinced LT is Elmo’s brother from another mother :bighug: All we can do is all we can do for them while taking care of ourselves as well ❤️

20. Beth 73

Thanks, Sonia ❤️ Had a feeling at PMPS last night that it was going to be an eventful evening and Boy Howdy was it :woot:

21. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Wonderful on the reducie. Elmo wants off this nasty stuff and he isn't playing around.

Happy napping today.

Beth 73 likes this.
  22. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Looks like Elmo might honour your need for a nap today, thank goodness. He's obviously got plans....good plans for the future!:D

Red & Rover (GA) and Beth 73 like this.
  23. Beth 73

Paula, you said a mouth full !!!!! It has been like trying to hold back a straining horse wanting to gallop. How is kitchen boxing/tubbing coming along ??? Kinda envious that you have good reason to do that ...I’d love to be motivated to go thru the stuff :woot:

24. Beth 73

Oh, Linda, I dearly hope so :woot: Going to check BG at 11:30.... depending on what I find I’d like y’all to advise as to next times to test ..... he is snoring in the sun up on the landing :cat::)

25. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Enjoy a well deserved nap, Beth.

Beth 73 likes this.
  26. Olive & Paula

Well haven't started to much yet. Trying to figure out what we need daily and a place to get it easily. Won't have a kitchen for a couple of weeks. And if I don't get the light ordered, there will be no lights in the kitchen. I'm procrastinating.

Beth 73 likes this.
  27. Sonia & Leo

Yes! Elmo seems to love living life in the "eventful lane" doesn't he? I hope you're getting some naps in between all the Elmo action! Have a great (restful day) Beth!

Beth 73 likes this.
  28. Beth 73

+4....109 :woot: @MrWorfMen's Mom @Nan & Amber @carfurby ...... that’s over a 100 point drop in 2 hours .... he just ate a little on his own ....do I try to slow this down or let him rip ?????? Disney needs to have a Elmo’s Wild Ride attraction at their parks....give 1 t MC ?????? Ahhhhhhh....:woot: :woot: :woot:

carfurby (GA) and LizzieInTexas like this.
  29. Red & Rover (GA)

Olive wants this spreadsheet lighting for the kitchen.

Attached Files:

30. Beth 73

:):joyful: What good taste Olive has :cat:

Red & Rover (GA) likes this.
  31. MrWorfMen's Mom

You need a rest so give him some MC and check in 30 minutes to see if he's risen at all.

Nan & Amber (GA) and Beth 73 like this.
  32. Red & Rover (GA)

He earned the reduction last night but the depot is still in play.
    If it were me, I'd go with 1 tsp MC, hoping that you can nap sooner rather than later. Your health is important too.

33. Beth 73

Love you ladies to bits ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Suzanne Burton likes this.
  34. MrWorfMen's Mom

Was +4 104 or 109? SS and info here don't match. You need a nap! ;):woot:

Beth 73 likes this.
  35. Beth 73

Ahhhhhhh..... 109....yes I do need a nap !!!!

36. Olive & Paula

Well Olive is not going to get her wish!!!!!!!

37. Beth 73

+4.5....94..... really, 94 :facepalm: Now what ...UPDATE: Gave 1 t MC 14 plus 1/2 meat again ...check in 30

38. Suzanne Burton

Elmo, really?

Beth 73 likes this.
  39. Nan & Amber (GA)

Guess Elmo is not in favor of naps (for you)!

I agree with the earlier strategy-- he's got nothing to prove today, just go ahead and give him the yummy MC food he's obviously trying to trick out of you.

I think gravy+meat is a good plan, more staying power and maybe cut down on the tummy rumbles afterwards compared to straight gravy?

Sonia & Leo and Beth 73 like this.
  40. Beth 73

Seriously, Suzanne, I should never have said the word “nap”

41. Beth 73

My thots exactly, Nan....so keep giving just 1 t Gravy plus little meat each time til coming up ???? Giving little SEB right now

42. Nan & Amber (GA)

Right. Remember, while a day surfing in greens would be lovely, the goal today is naps for you!

Next time, on a day when you haven't just pulled an all-nighter, you might want to see how he does on a day like this with LC only, but not today.

Beth 73 likes this.
  43. Beth 73

Totally agree...trying not to think ahead to tonight...don’t want greens then either ...hate giving him this gravy mess tho...but ya do what ya gotta do :rolleyes: Nan should I keep testing every 30 til when ????

44. Beth 73

+5 ...88..... giving another round of 1 t unless hear different ????

45. Beth 73

46. Nan & Amber (GA)

Hmm, the way today is going, we may want to switch to data-gathering about what he does with a lighter hand on days like this. He's not in any danger but he also doesn't seem to have any intention of bouncing up to numbers that let you nap serenely.

He actually seems to have gotten tired of the roller coaster and be getting the hang of surfing :woot:, but we'd like you to be confident enough that he's going to do it on his own without you administering a tsp of food every hour so that you can, you know, get a little sleep once in a while. Maybe hold off for now?

47. Beth 73

A thot ...possibly very stupid thot...but maybe just let him go and see if he can hit 50 today rather than tonight ?..

48. Beth 73

Just gave 1 t gravy plus 1 t meat ....so wait for an hour this time ?...

49. MrWorfMen's Mom

I like Nan's idea but if you really need to get some rest, you can add in a bit of HC to boost him up so you can grab a couple of hours of ZZZZs. You make a good point Beth. Better to let him do his diving on the day cycle. Your call!

50. MrWorfMen's Mom

Yes, I'd give him an hour to show his intentions.

It amazes me that his pattern this time is so reminiscent of his last rodeo. :p

Beth 73 likes this.
  51. Nan & Amber (GA)

In hopes that he'll actually, you know, bounce up to numbers that let you sleep? Below 50 doesn't matter all that much, unless he goes heart-stoppingly low, you won't be taking a back-to-back reduction.

Well, then there's that to consider!!! Elmo may have just decided, again, that he's getting kind of tired of insulin, thank you very much.

Yeah, this is what I'm struggling with, how to get him to behave himself on the right schedule. It's hard when he doesn't always respond to the carbs that strongly, I was hoping that the MC infusions would have turned him around already, arrggh.

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  52. Beth 73

And, God bless you Linda, here you are volunteering for it all over again ❤️ Leaving him go for an hour.....honestly, I got 2 hours sleep and if I can’t nap for a good 2-3 straight I’m better off gutting this out today and making a plan for tonight where I can sleep. I do not do well with cat naps at all and feel worse rather than better.....thots ??? We shall hide and watch as to what an hour brings....

Sonia & Leo and Suzanne Burton like this.
  53. MrWorfMen's Mom

I hear you on those cat naps. I feel like a cranky zombie after a nap. Oh to be a cat rather than a hooooman!:p

54. Beth 73

Or to be my DH....the man can sleep for 15 minutes and wake up refreshed...me ? I wake up with a scowl.....but I do sleep like I’m dead at night and he is awake a lot...feel badly for him ❤️

55. MrWorfMen's Mom

I used to sleep like that. Swore a nuclear bomb could go off outside and I'd sleep through it. I seem to have lost that ability these days and wake up at the drop of a hat. I think it's from all the alarms I set with Menace for 3+ years and more recently with Myster doing his nighttime, I'm confused... can't find my food bowl, yowling. Doesn't help that I have to put the food away or Miss Menace will pig out snacking! It's like having infants! :rolleyes:

56. Beth 73

Absolutely like having a baby all over again!!!! Only I’m 30 years older ..... back then I wouldn’t always remember to change out of pjs til later in the day....id look down or catch a glimpse in the mirror and think “ ahhhh, who is that ???”... scary stuff :woot:.....but wonderful ❤️

Sonia & Leo and MrWorfMen's Mom like this.
  57. Beth 73

+6.....106..... he is beginning to wince when I go to poke him....how long could I hold off til I Test next? Put the neosporin with pain relief on both ears...he is such a cooperative guy ....laying sound asleep in the sun ❤️

58. MrWorfMen's Mom

I'd leave him be until at least +8/+8.5. Tell him to behave and you won't poke him so often!

Beth 73 likes this.
  59. Red & Rover (GA)

I'm not sure what your posse would suggest.
    If it were me, I'd leave out 1 tsp or so of MC and have a nap until at least +8.

Beth 73 and MrWorfMen's Mom like this.
  60. Beth 73

Sounds like a plan, Kel :bighug: If I can fall asleep :rolleyes:

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  61. Beth 73

+8.... 98.... ate a little on his own...going to syringe 1 t LC .....also giving Nux remedy to keep stomach settled.....thinking ahead to tonight...what do y’all think ....know PMPS and or +11 will be in play....don’t want a repeat of last night for him as much as me ....took us 5 hours ( which =10 teaspoons of gravy) to get his numbers to stay up .....I need sleep and he doesn’t need more gravy after already having it today..... all thots/ ideas/ wisdom welcome ....:bighug::) BTW , I will be home all day every day this week until Saturday when we will miss PM shot due to a wedding ...

62. Red & Rover (GA)

While today's cycle was lovely, I think you could both need an uninterrupted night's sleep. Health first.

Drain the depot a bit. It is easier to go up the dosing scale than to go down.

63. Red & Rover (GA)

Adding: Since you have had virtually no sleep, along with your own health, I'd be concerned about you shooting a full dose tonight then falling sleeping.

Downstairs to make dinner before the CDN federal election debate.

Beth 73 likes this.
  64. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

J.J. and Phoebe Squeak Well-Known Member

Just catching up on all your news -- quite an adventure. I love the idea of Elmo's Wild Ride at Disney!
    Wishing you & Elmo a safe and restful night.

65. MrWorfMen's Mom

I second Kel's suggestion. You can't stay up 2 nights straight, Elmo's ears could use a rest and with any luck his schedule will get disrupted so he continues his shark hunting during the day.:woot:

I too must go see about dinner so I'm not cooking when the debate starts. :)

66. Beth 73

67. MrWorfMen's Mom

Well let's see what the little monkey offers up in the way of a pre-shot. If he bounces up higher than expected, you can consider a 0.25u dose. If he stays in the blue with little room for movement, then definitely skip. You can't keep up this pace every day and night and Elmo has proven he gets back on his horse pretty darn quick despite BCS or skipped shots. :)

68. Beth 73

My muddled thots exactly ...sure glad I have y'all for spare brains :bighug:

69. Beth 73

+10.5. 171.... test again PMPS in one hour ...what is this cat up to...up almost 73 points in 2 hours ...:eek:

70. carfurby (GA)

As I was getting caught up I was thinking you need to drain the depot. I'm glad to see that Kel and Linda suggested that. Elmo sure does keep you on your toes.

71. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Looks like he is back where he started this AM. The depot is still going to be influencing the rest of this cycle. If it were me, I’d hold the dose and get a +2 before heading to bed . That is as long as he doesn’t dive at PMPS time , but I don’t think he will.

Beth 73 likes this.
  72. Beth 73

73. Beth 73

Bobbie, he almost always dives at +2...often by 100 points...then we spend the next 5-6 hours propping him up ....exhausting and not good for him with sore ears and tons of gravy .....he’s a challenge

74. Beth 73

Then no shot, Carla , even tho PMPS is 199 ??? Not thinking clearly from last night all nighter.

75. Red & Rover (GA)

I vote Not. Elmo holds his cards too close to his chest. You need sleep.

Beth 73 likes this.
  76. Beth 73

Thanks , Kel ❤️ And his ears are sore and has been on almost continuous teaspoons of MC HC...

77. Bobbie And Bubba

Taking care of you first is paramount. If skipping feels right, go for it. No right or wrong here.

78. MrWorfMen's Mom

I think you could safely do 0.25u tonight. The last time he got the reduced shot he didn't dive but tonight might be a different story. I really think this comes down to how much of a gambler you are and IF needed would you be able to monitor. IF the answer to those questions is that you don't want to gamble and can't monitor (and it sounds like you are already fading) then skip.

Beth 73 likes this.
  79. carfurby (GA)

I think a reduced dose of 0.25 would help drain the depot, unless you are too tired to risk him pulling a stunt of diving tonight. Then I'd skip and get some sleep.

Beth 73 likes this.
  80. Beth 73

Going to skip....it’s the only way he can get a break from pokes and gravy...hate to do it but his tendency to dive at +2-+4 is the wild card...tomorrow is another day and all bets off...no daytime gravy...gonna let him do his thing ...thanks to you all for weighing in❤️ Elmo doesn’t fit the normal mold ....will be good to drain the depot and start fresh tomorrow :cat:

81. carfurby (GA)

I hope that means you can get some sleep tonight.

82. Red & Rover (GA)

Sleep well.

83. Suzanne Burton

Night-night and sweet dreams dear Beth.

Beth 73 likes this.
  84. Beth 73

❤️❤️❤️

85. Beth 73

❤️❤️❤️

86. Beth 73

❤️❤️❤️

87. Bobbie And Bubba

Sleep tight Beth :kiss:

Beth 73 and Suzanne Burton like this.
  88. MrWorfMen's Mom

Sweet dreams. If you need help falling asleep, I'll send some sheep over in the Tardis for you to count! :bighug::bighug:

89. Sonia & Leo

Sweet dreams Beth and Elmo :bighug:

Beth 73 and Suzanne Burton like this.
  90. Beth 73

❤️❤️❤️

91. Beth 73

❤️❤️❤️

92. Beth 73