10/8 LT AMPS 124 +2 117 +10 123 PMPS 106 +2 130

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzanne Burton, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Suzanne Burton

Suzanne Burton Well-Known Member

yesterday http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...3-89-4-102-5-113-8-108-pmps-115-2-118.220180/

LT is still patrolling the beach and building sand castles. Wave to him if you are heading to the lagoon and tell him how much fun it is there.

I've discovered that LT eats better out in the living room than in the utility room - he would eat about 2/3 of his food in there then quit. When I brought him and his bowl to the living room, he would finish. So now we put his food on the washing machine so we can give him his shot and then bring him out to the living room with his food and he cleans his bowl - what a goofball.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Silly kitty. I hope you see some green soon.

Suzanne Burton likes this.
  3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Crazy cat:confused:
    Nice blue start
    Have a great day Suzanne

4. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Oh, Suzanne :bighug: Aren't our boys a puzzle :) Praying greens and sliding down for sweet LT...have him grab his bro Elmo on the way ! It's not that far from eastern Colorado to SW Missouri ...just flat Kansas in between:smuggrin:

Sonia & Leo and Suzanne Burton like this.
  5. Suzanne Burton

@Beth 73, speaking of flat, LT's number are like a pancake. I guess that's good because I have to travel to my biannual endocrinologist today who is 3 hours away. I won't have to worry about LT going to low and his +8.5 snack is set up in the auto-feeder. I haven't seen much of a difference in the numbers from the snack, but I hope it's going to eventually help.

Sonia & Leo and Beth 73 like this.
  6. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

It sounds like LT is a social eater! It's great he has learned the auto-feeder now, and is all set up for you to leave. Hope all that goes well! He's doing great Suzanne - Tina and he have been getting to know one another better - hopefully they'll surf some safe greens today:cool::D:D:D:cool:

Beth 73 and Suzanne Burton like this.
  7. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Luci was waving frantically today! I saw her little white paws just a flappin'...then she got all itchy and ran off to the lagoon...right back out there in the very middle...peering down at those sharkies...that girl! I swear she's gonna give me blue hair!!

Have a great evening Suzanne!

8. Suzanne Burton

Back from the endocrinologist for a check-up on my Addison's disease. LT's auto-feeder opens for him at +8.5 for 2 tsp. of low-cal and closes at +9.5. However we are still singing the "blues" (as in on the beach). @Wendy&Neko I'm not sure the snack is working, though we've only done it for 3 full days. Does it take a while to see a difference if it's going to help or should we have seen a change by now?

Beth 73 likes this.
  9. Sue and Luci

Patience my dear...patience....this whole thing takes a whole lot longer than three days...

Those aren't bad numbers you're getting there...

10. Suzanne Burton

Looks like sweet and beautiful Luci is flirting with a reducie. Just beware Luci, those sharkies have sharp toofies. She sure had a nice surfing day. LT was still working on his sand sculpture as she passed by on her way to the lagoon:smuggrin:.

11. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

You must be feeling better! My favorite vet tech now has purple and blue in her brown hair. My other favorite tech has pink in her blonde. I have an appointment in November for something on the wild side and can't wait. Just a little pop of color for fun! Or two colors:rolleyes:

Suzanne - are you doing ok with the Addisons? I just know you said rest at night - like normal people sleep- is what you truly need.

12. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

He wants a view when eating. My PJ will only eat under the table. Ollie will eat anywhere. Tux kinda changed his location every few days.

13. Sue and Luci

I’m sure it’s an admirable work of art :joyful:
    Maybe tomorrow?:smuggrin:

14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You should see something by now on the snack. How much of what cab are you giving?

15. Suzanne Burton

@Wendy&Neko I'm giving 2 tsp. (11 grams) of LC (4%) at +8.5. Sorry it took me a bit to get back to you.

16. Suzanne Burton

My doctor adjusted my meds because my blood pressure is too low when I stand up. Plus I'm to decrease my coffee from 2 to 1 cup per day because of my osteopenia:arghh:. She was also concerned a bit that my renal indicators had gone up too fast, so I have to drink more water. I used to drink several glasses a day but slacked off starting last years. So lots of things to work on and I have to get my own lab poke next week.:( Thank you for your concern:bighug:.

Beth 73 likes this.
  17. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

18. Wendy&Neko

That seems right. If you think it’s nit doing anything, try a few cycles without.

19. Suzanne Burton

What should I expect to see? He's a little bit less feisty at his pre-shot tests which is nice. I think the snack takes the edge off.

20. Wendy&Neko

If the pancreas was kicking in due to the snack, you would see the preshots coming down. Something to be said for less feisty.

21. Suzanne Burton

That's what I thought. So I guess I'll continue the snacks because they make him happy and there's less fuss at pre-shot BG checks. We are just going to bide our time on the beach and see where it goes.

Beth 73 likes this.
  22. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Drinking water is hard for me, but it makes a huge difference in my kidney function numbers. Almost every time I dip into stage 3 CKD, I am reminded to stay better hydrated, and in a week I am back up to a safer stage 2 (been there for a decade at least) place. Drink lots of water Suzanne!!!

It's so hard to cut back on coffee. I started mixing decaf with regular until I was off caffeine in about a month. Then it took me back.
    Just today, I thought of how much more I care about Tina's BG than my own. Oops?!
    Healthcare is sure hard work. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

23. Suzanne Burton

I use to drink about 60-70 ounces a day. I have a big water bottle that holds 48 so I'll fill it up every morning and make sure I drink the whole thing by 7 p.m. Nothing after 7 unless I plan to be up to the girl's room in the night. For me cutting back on the two cups of:coffee: will be harder than increasing the water. I'm also trying to walk with my husband a few times a week to improve my health and my mood. Yep, got to improve my health a bit so I can help take care of the furkids.

24. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

I hope walking helps you in many ways. If I miss my morning dog walk (he makes me go), it takes longer to get the day rolling, and I just don't feel right. Look at it as therapy. And oh my goodness, wear a coat!! So funny this morning - all my Texas cohorts bundled up when it was in the 60s!

25. Suzanne Burton

Little stinker goes up at +2 - hasn't done that in a long time. Guess I'll head off to bed. Maybe I'll do a middle of the night check to see what he's doing at night.

Beth 73 and Sonia & Leo like this.
  26. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

I keep a water bottle in the bathroom and immediately replenish what goes out.
    You do get used to not drinking coffee. I drink decaf tea mostly. Occasionally a decaf latte. Found it was the taste I was after.

27. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

That's interesting about the taste; I would agree. My doctor thinks it's the warmth I'm after. :confused:
    I'm getting water now, cheers!

28. Suzanne Burton

I suppose I will get used to it, but it doesn't mean I have to like it:oops: LOL:joyful:. I have some herbal teas that have been biding their time in the cabinet - so I suppose I'll have that after I finish off my coffee in the morning.

Beth 73 likes this.