11/15 Tina AMPS 74 +2.5 59 +4 49 +7 62 PMPS 56 +2 66

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tina Marie (GA) and Jan, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Yesterday

I missed you all yesterday and felt discombobulated most of the day! Eye appointment went fine, and then I had several pet visits, cleaned some, and tried to feel normal, but never got that far! Didn't have as much space at home either;)

The time I did spend on the computer, I was searching for pictures to get in our calendar -- the deadline is either today, or very soon. Click on link to see -- I told Veronica I was sending pics two days ago, and didn't get it done. I'm sending her pics now. She wants three close up pics emailed to her. Instructions are in the first post:

2020 Calendar

Tina is hanging in there, staying in the lagoon at this .1 dose so far. I'm happy, but scared to think too much about it at the same timeo_O I hope you all have a fantastic day, and can find little blessings along the way. I hope to get my husband off doing something else so I don't feel guilty dropping in more:rolleyes::p:) Oh, actually he has some yardwork to do after some materials are delivered!!

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Awww we missed you too Jan! Glad you got everything done though! Don't worry about Tina, she's on a beautiful green mission!! :D:D:D
    Lol, good one on getting your DH otherwise occupied with a very well planned delivery!! :joyful:
    Have a great day!! :):):)

4. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

The material has arrived:):):)

Thank you Sonia;) And oh my, we just got a 49, after her regular snack at +2.5.

I don't think quick back to back reductions are always successful, but my hope/feeling of coming off insulin is rising.
    I believe the next dose is "some" insulin - half of this .1 (halfway between the 0 mark, and the point where you can't push anymore). Right now, I'm giving the amount which has the plunger practically at the 0 line!

I was working in Leo's condo when I checked Tina -- he and Luci DID get sloshed at the beach!!!

5. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Carla - even a lower green:D:D:D

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  6. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

WOW! Tina's working that little itty bit of juice for all it's worth! Nice!!!

Yes, Luci isn't feeling her best today I'm afraid...something about a headache I think? Up there in that lemon tree nest - chillin today...ole bad girl...she's hit all the numbers lately...I wish she'd settle down. Oh well...maybe tomorrow she'll perk up and do better with some surfing.

You have a wonderful day Jan! Glad the tests went well yesterday and now another project to do :)

7. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Definitely, looks like Tina is really heading there !! :D:D:D:D:D :joyful:
    Great for your eye appointment and hoping you're having a great day today Jan !

8. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tiptoeing around Tina!
    Hi Lyane - I'm good, just tired, behind, and having to leave the house again already in a few minutes -- it's turning into a beautiful day - over 50 I think, and sunny! Had one great dog walk and ready for another:)
    Tina has had a nice time in the sunshine this morning too:D
    I must go check on baby Ti -- I think I saw something good this morning!

9. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Oh, it looks like I overdid it, and could have simply given a small mid carb snack. shoot.
    So my DH was around, and asked what I was going to give her. Since she was under 50 - I said one tsp of HC gravy, plus a teaspoon of her regular LC food.
    I think I should have given a spoon of MC. But when I did that before, she went low again.
    Well, I sent her up since I have to leave I guess.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  10. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Honestly I can never really figure out what to give and how much to give because each time Yo can react differently with the same scenario. I think you did fine, better safe than sorry and you did mention that last time when you gave MC she went low again.

When I think I am getting control of the situation, bang, Yo reacts differently and either the numbers go up or down!

Tina is doing WONDERFUL!!!

11. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

You are right and thank you! It really doesn't work the same every single time. I feel like I have to keep studying it though . . .
    gee I have to run:(
    At least Tina is having a great time lounging in the sun! Love to Yo:cat:

Sonia & Leo and Debra and Yoyo like this.
  12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Congrats on the reduction. :D You have a couple options to figure out what to dose next. First I would draw up the 0.1 unit dose, then try twisting the plunger to squeeze out drops. Try to make them repeatable size. Count the number of drops. The new dose is 0.1 with half the drops squeezed out. If that doesn’t work, too few drops, try the one drop method. Push hard on the plunger before inserting the syringe into the pen/vial. Release the pressure on the plunger and let the vacuum suck up a drop. Good luck figuring out the new dose. The one after this is easy. :)

13. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Thank you very much Wendy -- I will practice both methods repeatedly and shoot the new dose tonight:):D
    Too good - the dose after this new one is easy;)

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  14. Penelope and Mačka

Penelope and Mačka Well-Known Member

All I can see is green green green :D:D:D

15. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

It's like a miracle, Penelope! I am going to be quite impressed if she can hold these greens with this next decrease.

Give your boy lovin's from us:cat: We miss seeing you more, but I think you are back home now:)

16. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

17. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

18. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Lookin so good Tina. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  19. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Tina is swimming in a sea of green! How exciting!!! Keep working that teeny, tiny dose Tina!
    Glad your eye appy. went well!
    It was really nice this afternoon! I wish I had been able to be outside. I think tomorrow is supposed to be nice too, I’ll get out then.

20. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Jill - I was admiring Scooter's spreadsheet last night - so impressed how green with a bit of blue quite a while back, he has been from much higher doses, all the way down to his little .25 now. He is a great example of how some kitties need a lot before they don't! You have this down very well.
    It was a beautiful day - and yes, it's supposed to even get up to 70+ the beginning of the week, and 60s this weekend! Enjoy your day tomorrow;)
    I just gave the first drop dose, and have never enjoyed shooting Tina so much:smuggrin:

Jill & Scooter likes this.
  21. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Go Tina :bighug: Go Momma Jan :bighug: So excited for you both ❤️

22. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Beth - I sure miss you and Elmo's condo! How is he other than his numbers? I've been concerned :nailbiting: Hugs for you both:bighug::bighug:

23. Suzanne Burton

Suzanne Burton Well-Known Member

Wow! Look at Tina go - how exciting to be down to 1 drop. I'm pulling for the both of you.

24. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Suzanne, it is very exciting, and I've been thinking about you and LT et al!! Sending you all good stuff:bighug::bighug: We sure hope LT is behaving himself!

Suzanne Burton likes this.
  25. Penelope and Mačka

Penelope and Mačka Well-Known Member

It's wonderful, I am truly happy for you girls :) Can't wait to party!

Sonia & Leo likes this.