? 11-16 Gizmo +6=292; PMPS=208 Eating again! :)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chubba (GA), Nov 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Gizmo threw up yesterday after AMPS and didn’t rat the rest of the day. Maybe just a bit here or there. Still refusing to eat this morning. AMBG is 444. No shot given last night due to not eating. One cat ate overnight. Not sure which one. Small amount of throw up overnight. Should my mom give some insulin this morning?

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I think some insulin is better than none. Not eating + no insulin + infection can lead to ketoacidosis. Is your mom checking for ketones? Does she have any meat only baby food to try and get him to eat? Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  3. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

Love light and healing:bighug:

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Eating vines being sent your way. :bighug:

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  5. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

More vines for Gizmo's tummy.

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  6. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope Gizmo gets his appy back soon and feels better. :bighug:

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I hope Gizmo get his appy back. Sounds like he is not feeling well and with throwing up and not eating, it could be a pancreatitis attack. I agree with Carla about getting insulin into him as the perfect recipe for DKA is in appetence, infection or system stress, and not enough insulin.

Baby food usually works like a charm for Bubba on the occasions he did not want to eat.

Do you have anything for nausea? Maybe some Slippery Elm Bark in some watered down baby food.

Girlie's mom and Chubba (GA) like this.
  8. Chubba (GA)

Thanks everyone. Gizmo is eating again now. My mom has been checking on him more today and coaxing him to eat. He always meets her at the door and seems like he is feeling fine. She did give his shot this morning (7 units) and his BG is down to 292 at +6. I think we are heading in the right direction for him feeling better. This has been stressful and I don’t think my mom is going to agree to watch him again ... not that I’m leaving him again. :cat:

9. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Great news!!!

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  10. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

So glad that Gizmo is eating again! What a relief... You're lucky to have such a great mom. I can well understand how anxious you must feel, though. Are you able to relax and enjoy your holiday at all? :bighug:

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  11. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so happy to hear Gizmo is eating again!

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  12. Pamela & Amethyst

YAH!!!:bighug:

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  13. Pamela & Amethyst

14. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

:confused:Sorry Gizmo wasn't feeling well. Seems like things are better now and he's eating again. Sorry you have to worry so much while you're away. Enjoy the rest of your vaca!
    Kudos to mom for being such a huge help with Gizmo:)

Chubba (GA) and Girlie's mom like this.
  15. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry to hear that Gizmo was off his food. One thing to keep in mind when you have an inappetant cat, not all insulin goes to combat the carbs in food. Kitties undergoing anesthesia and not allowed to eat can typically get 1/2 a dose. Especially when a cat has high BG, some insulin is better than none. And will make them feel better.

I hope Gizmo is better for the rest of your trip.:bighug:

16. Chubba (GA)

Thanks everyone for all the vines, thoughts, and well wishes. :bighug:

Yes, thank goodness for my mom taking care of him. I wouldn't be able to relax at all if he was with someone else.
    Funny thing is ... I wasn't that concerned when he was getting the lower numbers. Actually forgot about him (shh..don't tell him) a few times. Maybe that is why he decided to act up and get my attention. :cat:
    I knew it was safe to give half a dose when he wasn't eating, but I was worried about no one being around to monitor him last night. Since my mom agreed to keep a closer eye on him today, we went with the full vacation dose this morning.

17. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Sending good appy vines and no-vomit vines so that you can enjoy your vacation! Your mom is terrific.

Chubba (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.