11/23 Neko AMPS 187 +4 214 +9 125 PMPS 187

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Wendy&Neko, Nov 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yesterday and a daytime green stretch. :)

Neko and I leave in about 3/4 of an hour for the IM vetty. Paws crossed he just needs to do a quick once over and she gets blood taken and we are done. Neko is looking SO much better than last time Dr. M saw her. I even managed to clean a few nits out of her hind fur yesterday, though still lots to go. Dr. M is worried about her kidney values now that fluids have stopped and she's on a bit of Lasix. But, we'll roll with whatever the results tell us. No more subq fluids for my girl. And we'll have the discussion on chemo too. It was so nice being able to skip it this last weekend.

Speaking of appy, Neko gives two paws up for Wellness Core Turkey and Duck this morning. Thanks for the suggestion @Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) She rejected her Recovery which she almost always goes for (and I put the probiotics into :rolleyes:). She hasn't finished all of breffs yet, but a good amount for her for this time of day. And the best part is that it's fairly high calorie. Of course, I did turn my back at one point and the civie helped himself to a few licks before I chased him away.

Vines to any in need today - think blue and green but not too green kitties. Some of the beans here are getting ready for their Thanksgiving.

2. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Sending tons of good vetty vines along with more appy vines! I hope she's in and out lickety-split.

3. Lincolns Mom

Lincolns Mom Well-Known Member

Hope you have a wonderful day... will look in to see update when you get home from vetty :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Nice report on Neko! Sending good vetty vines!!

5. Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA)

Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA) Member

Wishing you and Neko a good vetty visit....be safe and have a great day, Wendy.

6. Linda and Scooter & Jack

Linda and Scooter & Jack Well-Known Member

Crossing all our paws over here for Neko's Vet visit!! :cat::cat::cat:

7. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Lots of good vetty vines heading across Canada!

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Neko liked the Wellness Core Turkey and Duck this morning. I hope she continues to like it. Sending good vetty vines.

9. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Sending Neko some vetty vines.

Theo, stop stealing Miss Neko's Fuds!

10. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

Thinking only positive thoughts for you and Neko today with your vetty visit.

11. Wendy&Neko

Back home again. :) Fairly quick. Dr. M was very pleased to see how much easier her breathing is today. He admitted to a little trepidation when he saw Neko's name on the daily docket. We did the tech part of the exam with Neko on my lap. Very good BP, I think in the 140's, which was good considering how many noisy droolers were in the waiting room on our way in. Blood oxygen was 100%, last week as low as 92%. :cool: Tomorrow I will hear results of b/w and urinalysis, including urine protein/creatinine ratio. She is temporarily off of benazapril since last week - it can help kidneys, but is not good if kidneys are too stressed. Kidney values and UPCR will say if we go back on. In the meantime, that is two less pillings per day. Other meds in play are the Leukeran which we will continue to withhold for the moment and the Lasix. Based on kidney numbers and a consult with the cardiologist, that may change too.

She did lose weight again, but they also took out a lot of fluids last week so hard to say how significant the weight loss is. When we came home, she started noshing on the Turkey/duck again. And for the first time in weeks, I heard happy purring. :joyful::joyful::joyful:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  12. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Here's hoping the BW results will be good for your girl. Glad she is liking the Turkey/duck!

Question: Why no more Sub Q fluids for Neko?

13. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

That sounds like a great report!! Hoping the rest of the tests come back good!

14. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Good vetty report! Hopefully the b/w is A-OK!

15. Wendy&Neko

Her heart cannot stand it. Her CHF crisis last week was due to the fluids we had started up again to help the kidneys, but at a greatly reduced amount. Her first heart crisis in May occurred two weeks after first starting fluids. Heart beats kidneys in this battle.

HWright likes this.
  16. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

:):):):)
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

17. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Well, you are picking the right battle.........thanks for explaining it.

18. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

WOO HOO!!! Yeah for happy purring!!!!

You'll have lots to be thankful for (although I know Canada's Thanksgiving was back in October)

Sending lots of good BW vines for Miss Neko!!
    [​IMG]

19. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

I love this report! Sending lots of good BW vines and prayers along will all around feel good ones.

20. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

What a great report!!! Whew!!!!! I'm so glad to hear all this good news!!!!

21. Lincolns Mom

Lincolns Mom Well-Known Member

This is awesome news!!! And the appy continues and she is purring... even better!!! Come on Neko keep eating girly... time to put a little weight back on.. swimsuit season is over for now anyways... hope you are enjoying your good day Wendy and listening to her purr once more :bighug::bighug::bighug:

22. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

Happy to hear the good news on Miss Neko! That made my day and I bet yours too!
    Happy kitty Happy Bean;)

23. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Terrific report! Keep up the good work, Neko!

Yo Neko, I had turkey & duck for dinner tonight, too. Yum!
    Rusty

24. Asrael

Asrael Well-Known Member

YAY! So glad it went so well:) This makes me so happy :)

25. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

:):):) Can't stop smiling after seeing such a good report on our Neko. Made my day.

Keep eating that Wellness Core, Neko. Mmmmm. Good stuff! :cat:

26. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy to see such a good vetty report for Miss Neko, keep on purrrrrring :bighug::bighug::bighug:

27. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

I was having such a down day but the Neko news has perked me right up :joyful: sending many scritches in hopes of more happy purrs.

28. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Good news! That's what we like to hear. :)
    Liz

29. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Oxygen salts of 100% is great news!
    And a very good BP....well done Neko!
    So pleased to read such a good report.
    Sending vines for good blood and U/A results

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.