11/7 Blaze amps424 +6 272 PMPS 89 +1 69 +2 73 + 3 68 +4 113 +5 143

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sarah and Blaze, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Sarah and Blaze

Sarah and Blaze Well-Known Member

2. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Glad you were able to get back on track Sarah. I hope you come home to some nice safely low numbers :)

Beth 73 and Sarah and Blaze like this.
  3. Sarah and Blaze

Thanks Amanda! I hope so too! Have a good day girl :cat: I hope Mowgli is doing well!!

AmandaE and Beth 73 like this.
  4. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Everything gonna be ALL right , Momma Sarah :bighug: Keep taking care of yourself ...prayers for increased strength and wholeness :bighug:

Sarah and Blaze likes this.
  5. Sarah and Blaze

Thank you Beth!!:bighug:

6. Sarah and Blaze

I’m needing some advice on a vacation dose coming up. Myself and DH will be out of town next week, we are leaving Thursday evening on 11/14 after pm shot, so no one will be home to test/monitor that night. And then our pet sitter will be coming for AMPS and PMPS on 11/15, 11/16 and then the morning of 11/17 (we will be home for PMPS on 11/17). She can only come twice a day to test/feed/shoot so no additional testing will be done. We leave in 7 days so I want to make sure we have enough time to get down to a safe vacation dose before we leave. Any suggestions on safe dose while we are out of town, and a no shoot number for the pet sitter?

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Blaze will get back on track. I hope you are feeling better. It's best to wait until a couple of days before you are going to leave to ask about a vacation dose because things can change between now and then.

Sonia & Leo and Sarah and Blaze like this.
  8. Sarah and Blaze

Okay, last time I went on vacation, other members suggested I start his vacation dose a couple days BEFORE I leave, so I just wanted to make sure I have enough time to do so.

9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

We usually recommend changing the dose 2 to 3 cycles before you go on vacation. The earliest would be Wednesday before you leave. You should probably ask on Tuesday.

10. Sarah and Blaze

Okay perfect! Thanks so much Carla!!

11. Sarah and Blaze

+6 was 272, unable to test again until PMPS but Blaze is already on his way back down! We’ll see what PMPS is!

Beth 73, AmandaE and Sonia & Leo like this.
  12. Beth 73

Woooo hoooo :) Can't Keep a good man " down" or is that up :woot: Great job, Momma Sarah ❤️

13. Sarah and Blaze

Well I’m not home for PMPS, so DH is in charge. PMPS was 89 and he gave 1.5U. Is that okay?? I’m worried now

14. Sarah and Blaze

This is the lowest pre shot we’ve had. Amps was 424, +6 was 272 and now PMPS was 89. That’s a huge drop, isn’t it? I’m afraid for tonight.

15. Sarah and Blaze

He didn’t stall food or shot, he just tested blood sugar, fed him and gave 1.5U and I’m freaking out a bit. I’m on my way home now, will get a +1 but I think it’s going to be a long and stressful night

16. Sarah and Blaze

17. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Eeeep! Well, Mr. Blaze is full of surprises, isn't he????

Glad you're heading home to check things out, but don't worry about a long night until it happens-- remember, it's Lantus, shooting low often leads to a less eventful cycle! I mean, it's definitely not ideal as your first time shooting green with Blaze maybe moving down at shot time (maybe pull DH aside and teach him about "stalling"!), but no reason for panic at this point. For all you know, it could have been a bad strip.

Now, assuming it wasn't a bad strip, I do wonder why he picked today to move into these numbers, after several missed shots... Maybe his pancreas was just very excited about getting some help again?

18. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I would get a +1 and +2 to start with and see where the cycle is going.
    Did Blaze eat well?

19. Sarah and Blaze

I know! DH usually sends me a text with the PMPS number and asks me what to do, but tonight he just sent me the pre shot number, fed him and gave the 1.5U before I could respond :eek: I told him, in the future, if Blaze is under 100 when I’m not home yet, wait to feed him or give insulin and retest in 15-20 minuteso_O

And that’s what seems strange to me! I skipped the shot two nights ago, gave two accidental fur shots yesterday, this morning he gets his 1.5U and heads straight down, down, down. What the heck?! His pancreas for overly excited!

I’m going to grab a +1 now, will post in a few.

20. Sarah and Blaze

@Nan & Amber (GA)

@Bron and Sheba (GA)

Okay doesn’t seem like it was a bad strip. +1 is 69. Should I feed him something now? If so, what? I have his normal LC Friskies, I have 10%, 13%, 15% and 20%

Beth 73 likes this.
  21. Sarah and Blaze

Yes he ate well, ate all of his normal dinner! He’s acting normal, following me around right now.

Beth 73 likes this.
  22. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I would give him some higher carb food to bring him up a bit as it is only +1
    Try a 13% and see if that brings him up. If it doesn't try a higher carb.
    I'd test hourly at the moment until he is a bit higher and the insulin has onset.

Sarah and Blaze and Beth 73 like this.
  23. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Bet he's feeling pretty good!

I'm inclined to recommend just the regular LC for now, but have an itchy trigger finger for the MC [ETA: I see Bron posted simultaneously, and is leaning towards higher carb. I'll defer to her, since I'm not going to be able to stay up tonight with you guys, plus I was wavering on the carb question myself!]. I'm really not sure what he's doing today, to be honest. Is it possible he started a bounce from something that happened on 11/5, bounced all the way through furshot-palooza, and is just now coming down off of it?

How late can you stay up tonight? I am unfortunately not going to be able to stay with you to see what he does, but I really hope he behaves himself.

Sarah and Blaze and Beth 73 like this.
  24. Sarah and Blaze

Okay I gave him some 13% and will test again at +2. He’s acting totally normal but I will keep a close eye on him. Thank goodness I don’t have to work tomorrow!
    If at +2, he isn’t higher than the 69, should I try some 15% carb?

25. Sarah and Blaze

I went ahead and gave him 13%, so we’ll see if that does anything for him when I get the +2 test.
    I have no idea what he’s doing tonight. I don’t know if it could be a bounce clearing from 11/5, he seems to be clearing bounces a little quicker but who knows. There’s no other explanation that I can think of, especially with the the fur shot shenanigans yesterday :facepalm:

Thankfully, I don’t work tomorrow so I can stay up. I have been up since 5 am though so I hope I don’t crash later. But am willing to stay up tonight to make sure he’s safe.

26. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Congratulations on shooting your first green!:D

You have earned your BOS
    BOS.jpg

27. Sarah and Blaze

:joyful::joyful::joyful: Thanks Sandy! I guess I can’t take credit because DH shot the first green tonight when I wasn’t home :rolleyes: but I’m staying up to monitor Blazey boy so I will take some credit!:D

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    Gill & George and Sonia & Leo like this.
  28. Beth 73

Sarah, I’d give you some of Elmo’s numbers if I could :bighug:

29. Sarah and Blaze

30. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

A nice mellow surf ...

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  31. Sarah and Blaze

I gave some LC at +2

32. Sarah and Blaze

+3 is 68
    Gave LC at +2 and +3. Will grab another test at +4. Hoping he keeps surfing.

Beth 73 likes this.
  33. Sarah and Blaze

+4 113, no food at +4

34. Sarah and Blaze

+5 143, I’m heading to bed with LC snacks in the auto feeder

35. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Shooting greens becomes easier with experience. Great job tonight, even if it was accidental. Go DH!

36. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Wow Sarah! First green shot under your belt even if it was DH's doing. Glad Blaze didn't keep you up all night. You did great! :joyful: