12/4 Muffin Amps 360 +3 225 +6 288 Pmps 355 +3 271 +6 301

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Julie + Muffin, Dec 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julie + Muffin

Julie + Muffin Member

yesterday
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...6-5-55-5-5-81-6-96-9-236.187522/#post-2081210

Rough night for all. Muffin started to go down so I chose to feed her a little HC when she hit 55. She came up slower than usual. Final test we left food for her and of course she is high this morning. Seems to be vicious circle. Do you think I should consider a reduction at this time? She is still on pain meds and antibiotics so never sure how much that might affect her tests. Thanks

2. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

She hasn't actually earned a reduction, but her situation is unique, with the meds and possible cancer. I would say to go with your gut and factor in your ability to monitor her. Ideally, keeping her at this dose would be better, now that she's seeing some green, but you have to look at the whole picture, and only you can see that.

3. Julie + Muffin

Julie + Muffin Member

Good news for all of us. Muffin does not have cancer!! They called it an "inflamed ulcerated polyp". They feel they got it all. My sister will get more info on how and why if there is an answer. Muffin is off antibiotics today but we are continuing pain meds for a little longer. My sister is at vet now for two of our other cats so hoping she can get more info while there. I need another miracle to get her off insulin. Thanks for all your support.

4. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

That is amazing news. So happy for you guys and Muffin!:):):)

Julie + Muffin likes this.
  5. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Happy dance!!! Hooray for good news, you must be so relieved! :bighug::cat:

6. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

YAY!!!! HOORAY!!! I am SOOOOooooo happy for all of you!!!

7. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Great news! :D

8. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Doing the happy dance here!!!

9. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

YEAH!!!!!!! I am so happy to hear this great news! Another peep doing the Happy Dance!

10. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Just a thought...... is the antibiotic a liquid? The reason I ask is often they have sugar in them keeping BG's higher.

11. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cat:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  12. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Great news!! Is it too early for a Christmas miracle? I hope not. Joy and blessings for you both.

13. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Awesome news!

14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Fantastic update! It's so nice to be able to celebrate good news here. Give Muffin a little cuddle from me.

Hopefully with the polyp and inflammation out of the way, her dose will come down too.

15. Julie + Muffin

Julie + Muffin Member

Thank you guys! Cute happy dances and all. Yes...a big relief for us. She will get a recheck in a few days to make sure healing properly and antibiotics did their job.
    We had a bit of other good news at the sanctuary. Killian has been with us 4 years and tested positive for feline leukemia (FELV). When we test, if a kitty is positive for FIV or FELV we have them send the blood work out to another lab to make absolutely sure. We built him a separate housing facility because it is deadly to others. Over the past four years new evidence has come up in the veterinary field that FELV can reverse itself in cats. Killian would have been put to sleep had it not been for an error the vet made. FELV is the only disease we cannot work with because it is so contagious. Killian has never showed signs of FELV and has always looked healthy in all ways. He is a feral boy but after 4 years coming around a little. Anyway we had him retested today and he was negative for FELV. Amazing and wonderful for this boy. Also one of our kittens who is almost 6 months old had a growth on his head which was benign. Randy is one of 4 brothers born in May. Mom Ruby had no girls! She was a stray and was a semi feral so her care and her kittens care during their birth and beyond until they were weaned was a big challenge. Ruby is living happily in our feral cat habitat and has a new boyfriend. She was found with a sweet neutered male and now she has another one. All of our cats are ALL spay/neutured so no worries there. :bighug:

16. Julie + Muffin

Julie + Muffin Member

Her antibiotic was Clavamox in pill form. She ate it in her food so we didn't have to mess with her poor mouth.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.