13 Sept Tucker AMPS: 7.4 (133)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tucker, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Tucker

Tucker Member

Sonia & Leo and Catacular like this.
  2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Sounds like you had a great PJ party there last night in Adelaide.
    Tucker is really getting down to business!

Tucker likes this.
  3. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

If Tucker does not stabilize at a slightly higher number (100-150), then I would probably reduce his dose. But I am more conservative than almost everyone here. Sorry to see you were up all night. That is so unfortunate.

If you can believe it, Leo sensed Tucker was low, so Leo went low today too! Not as bad since I use Alphatrack. The hypo level is at US 68. It was a fast recovery for Leo. Maybe our fur-kids were doing this so they could get some special treats?:)

Tucker likes this.
  4. Tucker

Tucker Member

+4 was 8.8 (158) so he is back in the blues today after a .25 decrease. Is this ok?

5. Tucker

Tucker Member

Andddd at +6 he went up to 14.2 (256).... wonderful. He is ok, but a bit sluggish, not playful today. Still begging for extra treats though! @JeffJ @Bron and Sheba @Bobbie And Bubba What do you think?

6. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

The current numbers are little high because of the bounce. As always we will look for longer trends. I know you are trying to stabilize him before your big trip. It might be interesting to see if he settles at the slightly lower dose of 4.75 or if his body needs 5.0 to achieve the blue ocean.

If you happen to look at Leo's chart, he didn't bounce. He snuck a partial bowl of crunchies that Little Dude left. Our little carb thief. It's like they have 6th sense for the moment we leave the room.

7. Tucker

Tucker Member

Ohhh, sneaky Leo! I am wondering if I may have missed Tucker sneaking something last night as well. I was in a daze (at one point I peeled a banana and put the banana in the compost bin and bit the peel....) so in my daze I wonder if he didn't get hold of something he shouldn't have. We can't keep anything on the counter anymore, he has bitten through the plastic wrap to get at the mince, or loaf or bread that we had left out. I'm wondering if I had left him at 5.0 would he eventually have settled into a blue? I couldn't leave him in the greens with my daughter cat sitting and the long hours she puts in at work.

8. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

LOL. It looks like you were awake for almost 24 hours. I would have been a toast muffin at that point.

Yes, agree that the greens may be challenging for your daughter. Let's see if Tucker settles at the slightly lower dose.

We can't leave anything out either. They manage to knock it on the floor and try to get into it. A month ago, the dogs or a cat knocked a hard plastic container down and the dogs partly chewed it. And it's not like anyone is hungry around here. They are all chubby except for Leo.

Well, signing off. It's 1:00am here. Good to see this great progress with Tucker.

9. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

You couldn't have left Tucker at 5 units. He dropped to 2.6 and you spent the next cycle feeding him medium carb to keep him from dropping too low, and even with all the medium carb he stayed in the greens. That tells us he needed the reduction.

The 256 is a bounce...... not a bit surprising given the last 24 hours. He will come back down so don't worry. This is not unusual.

Yesterday my friend brought me some pumpkin scones she had just cooked. I put them on the kitchen bench, then we went outside for just one minute to see a bookcase I had painted........when we came back in, Harry had jumped up onto the bench and had three pumpkin scones on the floor!!

JeffJ and Bobbie And Bubba like this.
  10. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Good Morning, or afternoon to you Patty. You must be exhausted!!!! You did a great job managing all of Tucker's lows yesterday and I agree with Bron, this is the dose he needs to be on right now as you had to bring out the HC gravy to boost him up and then he still dropped back down. Safety first.

He will rebound from the bounce. Let's give it 3 days ( 6 cycles) to see where the dust lands before deciding if the reduction failed.

The good news is that he was in greens alllllllll day and night!!!

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  11. Tucker

Tucker Member

Thanks Everyone! My goal at the moment is to get him stable and in the blues if possible, so that my daughter doesn't have to do what I did last night. I was shattered all day today! I'm planning on doing the 4.75 for at least 6 cycles and we will see how his ss looks after the weekend. I'm down to 2 weeks to get this pulled together ( I also have not booked apartments or even decided what countries we will spend most of our time in after we leave London....so there is a lot to do in the next 15 days!) I suppose I could have been looking at that stuff last night instead of watching old movies.... oops. I'm taking all of your advice on board, thank you so much.