18 Aug Tucker AMPS: 11.0 (198)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tucker, Aug 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tucker

Tucker Member

2. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Please feel free to tag me on each new thread. (As you know, I don't like the "new thread per day protocol"...but I guess I'll live).

That BARF food really does need a new name.

Tucker's numbers are looking absolutely stellar! These are the cycles we were trying to achieve during the first ramp up. I hope he stabilizes. He really likes the current dose. But Tucker does NOT like getting dive bombed by Aussie Birds in his own yard. Poor Tucky!:(

3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Nice start today for Tucker. We have blue jays here that are very mean to the kitties. My SIL's cat was dive bombed by one and it peaked a hole deep into his head and caused an infection.

I love the way Tucker is bringing down the overall cycle!

Just curious, as to why you dislike the one thread a day? Some of them get so dang long and it's hard to get through it all when there is a pressing question that needs to be answered. That is why I am a fan of one a day. What is the negative?

Sorry Patty for the highjack! I am always interested in other's opinions. :)

4. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

If there is just one thread per cat, the whole history is there. For the most recent info, one only has to look at the last few posts. Similarly, if there is a pressing question, it will be at the end of the thread. One does not need to peruse the whole thread.

With multiple threads, there really is no history. To find any viable history, you have to "back" click on multiple links associated with individual days. If a vet had a filing system like this, they would have 30 files representing 30 days worth of activity for a cat in their care. I don't know a single vet who would ever do that! In the case of Tucker, the only way to find that we had a problem with his BG is:
    - see his chart and the failed, initial ramp up
    - go dig thru a bunch of threads to find out why that failed and the followups

So yes, I dislike "threads per day". And I appreciate you asking.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  5. Bobbie And Bubba

I see your point. Thanks for explaining it.

JeffJ likes this.
  6. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Thanks Bobbie. Also I like to track just 4 or 5 cats. If I put a "watch" on a user like Patty's Tucker, then I get notifications of every thread they post in. As a result, now I have to search this forum manually everyday to find Patty's new thread about Tucker. Not efficient, or a very good utilization of technology.

Sorry for the side-track Patty.

7. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

@Tucker @JeffJ @Bobbie And Bubba
    Ahhhh! The kookaburras are after the food I would think, not Tucker. They can be quite pushy when it comes to food. In a place I worked, we had a lot of kookaburras which would sit on the railing outside the dining area waiting for someone to throw them something to eat. On several occasions they flew inside and grabbed food off the plate of the unsuspecting person.
    I feed a family of 11 every evening and they are quite tame and friendly but sometimes two of them will grab the same chicken neck and have a tug of war while there are other necks on the ground. :rolleyes:

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  8. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

How come we never get any pics?
    - of Oz-some kookaburra families
    or
    - Tucker and his fluffies in their outdoor catio

Theresa liked the pics of Tucker's siblings in the past threads.
    :D

9. Bron and Sheba (GA)

@JeffJ
    Here are 8 of my family of kookas, as we call them, waiting in the palm tree in my front garden for dinner.

Attached Files:

Tucker and JeffJ like this.
  10. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Oh those kookas are so cute. Theresa is going to love this pic too. (she just went to bed):bighug:

11. Bobbie And Bubba

@Bron and Sheba , those kookas are toooo cute. They cute like cartoon birds, LOL. I was reading your above post without coffee and thought you were saying you fed a human family of 11!

JeffJ likes this.
  12. Bron and Sheba (GA)

:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful: Bobbie, you must be in a bad way in the mornings without coffee @Bobbie And Bubba ..........especially when I went on to say they were 'quite tame and friendly but sometimes two of them grabbed a chicken neck and had a tug of war'.. I am having visions of you thinking I am feeding a bunch of quite tame and friendly humans around the table with two of them having a tug of war with the food! :eek::joyful::joyful::joyful:

Tucker, Bobbie And Bubba and JeffJ like this.
  13. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Tucker's numbers are looking absolutely fantastic. This is what we have all been striving for Patty. You are doing great. And I bet Tucker is feeling like a new kitteh.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Tucker likes this.
  14. Bobbie And Bubba

That is a funny scenario to be envisioning!!

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.