2/24 Zoot! AMPS=109;+1=168;+2.5=162;+5=84;PMPS=74;+1=82;+2=70;+3=46,20min=60;+4=50; +4.5=65,+5=70

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cinnie Cole, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Briere Fur Mom and Sue and Luci like this.
  2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I’m sure you are tired.
    Lovely AMPS.

3. Si am cat mom

Si am cat mom Well-Known Member

Looks like he's on the way up from that +11, a good start. Hope you get a nap today :)

Cinnie Cole likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start this morning. I hope Zoot surfs safely and you can get a nap in. Good job handling things last night.

Cinnie Cole likes this.
  5. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Ha! Lesson #437 learned at +1: Never joke about bouncing. :facepalm: Otherwise all is okay.

Briere Fur Mom and Sue and Luci like this.
  6. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Heading back into the green. He is spending a quiet day snoozing in the sun (so am I, after last night).:smuggrin:

7. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

I'm glad everything worked out well last night(this morning). Nice #s. Sorry Zoot got an upset tummy. It happens when we start throwing the not often used MC/HC into the mix.
    Good #s with the decrease today. Stay tough Zoot. You've got this!:D
    Hope you can recoup some of those lost ZZZs today. Have a wonderful day Cinnie!

Cinnie Cole likes this.
  8. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

9. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Okay waited 20 minutes and he is at 93, so I will do the full dose just a little late.

10. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

At +1 he is at 82. Normally I would expect +1 to be higher - is this just the prior cycle Lantus wearing off? I will do another BG at +2.

11. Si am cat mom

:) good stuff....love these numbers

I don't think we " needed" to stay up until 3.. I think that was more to alleviate some of the anxiety from the numbers and gain some useful information.
    Now that you have that information about when to feed slightly higher carb food vs LC to surf.... and how the numbers respond, I think you are good to keep these numbers nice and flat.
    I am at work, so I will be up and around all night if you need a cheering party, but I think you got this.

12. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Re: last night - I needed to be up till 3 - LOL. Tonight I feel okay - if he dips further a +2, I may give him some food. Nice thing about Zoot! - he is always up for grabbing a bite!

Si am cat mom likes this.
  13. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

So at +2 we are at 70, I gave him a snack.

14. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Got some time? So here we go again - he is at 46 at +3. Groan. I gave him a tsp of HC gravy (hopefully he will not vomit tonight). I will test again in 30 minutes, and again. Normally at +3 he gets a small meal, so he will need more food soon.

Someone said I need two increases that are not food related, but I am afraid he will be insane for food in an hour if I am not feeding him. When can I feed him?

So, this means a reduction again tomorrow AM, right?

15. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The larger depot influences 4-6 cycles after a reduction. You might be seeing some of the 1.25 unit depot at play. What we call a "back to back" reduction does not always work. Here is what the Sticky Notes say about the TR protocol in this case:
    If kitty drops below 40 (long term diabetic) or 50 (newly diagnosed diabetic) reduce the dose by 0.25 unit. If kitty has a history of not holding reductions well or if reductions are close together... sneak the dose down by shaving the dose rather than reducing by a full quarter unit.

I might wait to see how easy it is to get Zoot! up tonight and keep him there, before deciding if he want the additional reduction.

Are you finding he vomits a lot with the HC? I had to switch to a gravy that wasn't wheat based, but rather had carbs from potatoes. Weruva has some options there. Or you could use karo.

16. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Yes - he shot up to 60 after the HC, and will check in another 20 min - fingers crossed.

I think in both recent vomiting cases, he was given too much of a food he normally does not eat. He seems to be doing okay on the HC right now. Fingers crossed again.

Thanks for being here for me. I will probably shave the dose rather than do an outright reduction immediately.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    Briere Fur Mom likes this.
  17. Briere Fur Mom

I'm sorry Cinnie. I just logged in to the board. It looks as if you have excellent help with Wendy. I'll keep checking in just in case.:) Paws crossed the HC will be the key to you getting some sleep tonight.:cat:

Cinnie Cole likes this.
  18. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

He is back down to 50, so can I feed him some Weruva Lamb - his normal food with 8% carb. I think that, rather than the HC will inch him back up and we won't run the risk of vomiting.

19. Briere Fur Mom

If you haven't already...I'd bump that 50.
    Give it a go...the 8% lamb. It brought him up last night. JMO

Cinnie Cole likes this.
  20. Briere Fur Mom

Looking good!

Cinnie Cole likes this.
  21. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Thanks - he is up to 70 so probably has a good rest of night ahead. My husband will feed him and check him now.

22. Briere Fur Mom

Nice job Cinnie! You're becoming a pro at this food propping business. I'm glad Zoot has such a wonderful team of caregivers. How nice for the DH to take over and let you get some sleep.
    I hope you get a good nights sleep.
    Zoot be good for your dad so, your tired mom can get some sleep.:cat:
    Have a great rest of the evening!:bighug::)

23. Si am cat mom

well done navigating that +3

hopefully no vomiting this evening from the higher carb snacks

24. Sarah and Blaze

Sarah and Blaze Well-Known Member

Looking good Zoot! Nice work getting him up Cinnie!:D