? 24 Sept | Girlie | AMPS 207; +2=158; +4=59 ATrak2: Reduce again?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Girlie's mom, Sep 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

2. Girlie's mom

Also, strangely, even though she dropped like this, she's not doing her usual "tell" or licking the bowl clean/I'm starving/give me food, which she usually does when she dives. Then again, it is quite hot here again today (86 degrees; yesterday was close to 100), and she's not that keen on eating when it's really hot, so...

3. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hmm...it looks like she is clearing a bounce from the greens a few days ago. I would probably take the reduction because low numbers like that scare me, but wait and see what some more experience people say. The larger depo should be gone though because this is Cycle 10 since the decrease.

Girlie's mom likes this.
  4. Chubba (GA)

I was told that as they get used to the lower numbers, those signs may not always be present. Gizmo's are hit and miss right now and before I knew instantly if he was dropping low.

Girlie's mom likes this.
  5. Girlie's mom

Ah, good to know - but a bit disappointing, as I've gotten used to her giving me those signs!

But what do you reduce to? What's after 0.25? :)

6. Chubba (GA)

I know!
    I believe it is o.1. But not positive as Gizmo has never been close to that dose. Lol. I'll see if i can find the picture of the dose. And then from 0.1, you would do a drop.

Girlie's mom likes this.
  7. Chubba (GA)

IMG_0221.JPG

I found this in this sticky.
    But please wait for someone with more experience to confirm this is the correct next step.

8. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Girlie definitely earned a reducie! Yes, I believe 0.1u is the next step down or maybe 0.125 if you have calipers?

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  9. Girlie's mom

Oh gosh! I'd better reserve extra time to try to get that dose right. I find it so hard to draw these low doses accurately. @Bronx's dad I don't have calipers, unfortunately. I have super duper very chic magnifying glasses with lights, though! :)

10. Girlie's mom

@Wendy&Neko I just thought I'd check to confirm whether I should go down to 0.1 now. Interesting: this will be her third straight reduction since 3 September. I guess she knows what she wants - or doesn't want!

11. Chubba (GA)

I can't even imagine drawing that low of a dose (although I'm still hopeful that Gizmo may get there with the help of the cabergoline). Good luck and congrats on the reducie!

Girlie's mom likes this.
  12. Girlie's mom

It's going to be interesting, that's all I can say, to try to get that low a dose right. I woke up with an almighty flu today, and all I wanted to do was drift in and out of sleep while I watched some movies...guess Girlie had other plans... :)

Any tips from others on drawing the 0.1 dose?

13. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Haha, well it would be half of what you are drawing now. I wonder how many drops are in .25? If you pull .25 and then count how many drops come out, pull to .25 again and allow 1/2 that amount to come out. That would be close to .125 I would think.

Girlie's mom likes this.
  14. Chubba (GA)

I hope you are feeling better soon and that Girlie comes up a bit and just surfs for you! :bighug:

Girlie's mom likes this.
  15. Girlie's mom

It looks like she's going to. I gave her a 1/2 tsp 15 carb and she came right up to 74; I gave her some LC1, and now she's up to 81.

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  16. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

I believe it doesn't matter that you have had a few recent reductions, what matters is she's shown you a 59 which earns one.

17. Girlie's mom

Thanks, Christie!

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  18. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

I just recalled our previous discussion about half doses...that 0.1 will be fun, even with your fancy glasses :rolleyes:...good luck, awesome progress with Girlie, you should be very proud of all you have done!

Girlie's mom likes this.
  19. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi! Congrats on another reducie! Yes, 0.1u is what you give. It's right above the 0 line. :D

Girlie's mom likes this.
  20. Girlie's mom

Thank so much, Christie! I never thought we'd see consistent blues (which we still haven't, really), but she seems determined to reduce, so there you go! :)

Thanks, Mandy! :)

21. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Congrats on the reduction to 0.1 units. You can either count the number of even sized drops from 0.25 and half like Paul mentioned, or try to get a consistent amount of sliver of light above the zero line. Lots of practise required! it a good problem to have,

Be good Girlie!

Jancol & Cher and Girlie's mom like this.
  22. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Congrats on the reducie!! That puts Girlie and Maggie on the same dose. :cool:

Girlie's mom likes this.
  23. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

24. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow Girlie :D:D. Congrats on the reducie!!!

Girlie's mom likes this.
  25. Girlie's mom

Yes, but your SS looks much prettier than Girlie's! You've been beautifully consistent with blues and greens for so long now. Girlie, on the other hand, seems to still want to include other colours as well. Hmmm....I wonder why? :confused:

Girlie: look at Maggie! Maggie is your role model now! :)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) likes this.
  26. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the reducie, god luck with the Microdosing!!!!

Haven't been on the board for quite a while and girlies as is looking much prettier.

:D

Girlie's mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.