26/6 Tucker AMPS 17.2 (310), 3.5 units

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tucker, Jun 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tucker

Tucker Member

One very hungry kitty today!

2. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

That's because he is anticipating some upcoming blue numbers. So he is celebrating in advance!

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Ok Tucker.....here is the plan. Look for the small slippery slide (not the Big Dipper) and hop on for a joy ride down to the blue floor. There will be a snack for you at the bottom of the slide. :cat:

JeffJ likes this.
  4. Tucker

Tucker Member

I did a +6 and it had come down to a 16.1. But still, c'mon Tucker!!

5. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

C'mon Tucker - you can do it.

How frustrating. Like I said, my new bet is dose = 4.0 will see some nadir movement. One good thing is you are really getting the hang of testing, and the spreadsheet. I remember when the spreadsheet was a challenge...like it is for most new members. I really like the fact that someone spent the time to build the spreadsheet and also put in the US <--> World conversion for all of us. I know it is just a macro, but still they did nice work.

Tucker likes this.
  6. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Do you let him outside?
    Is it possible he could be getting into someone else's dry food?

JeffJ likes this.
  7. Tucker

Tucker Member

+9 and Tucky is starting to play ball again.........he dropped to 14.0. :)

8. Tucker

Tucker Member

Tucker is the biggest sookie boy, he is afraid of anyone who is not immediate family so doesn't travel to the neighbours houses at all. If I let him out back he can be found on the picnic bench, in his outdoor bed by the back window or under the daisy bush. I don't think he has ever eaten a wild bird even....they scare him! We are still feeding the other two kitties from the bag of premium dry food we got at Petbarn--but only when Tucker is locked out of sight. Once we finish this bag we are going to be swapping all of them over to a diabetic type

JeffJ likes this.
  9. Tucker

Tucker Member

So, I have just had an email from Tucker's vet and she says that since he has had the 6th dose at 3.5 she would like us to go up to 3.75 tonight. His PMPS was 14.1. She also said we could go up a half in her opinion from 3.5 to 4 without any big concern. (She usually jumps cats in full unit increments using the Australian protocol.) How do we all feel about this? He is ready to eat and get his shot, just deciding what is best. Thanks! @Bron and Sheba @JeffJ

JeffJ likes this.
  10. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I would stick with the protocol and go up to 3.75 units

JeffJ likes this.
  11. Tucker

Tucker Member

Kurt agreed with you and that's what he gave him. :)

12. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Well done!
    The 14.1 (254) is one of the best preshots Tucker has got.
    He has been surfing around 14(254) for at least the last 4 hours so that is good. This journey can't be rushed......or you will find you will go one step forward then two steps back.
    You are both doing really well sticking to the protocol and looking after your boy. I am sure he is feeling much better than he was.

JeffJ and Tucker like this.
  13. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

It is fine to go to 3.75. I just don't think he will regulate there. There is a good thing about creeping up on the number. It should help avoid a bounce.

Agree with Bron, you are doing good and sticking to the protocol. He is close to being regulated, and I agree with Bron that he is feeling better as a result.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.