26 Sept | Girlie | AMPS 466; +2=362; +5=142 Reduction bounce?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Girlie's mom, Sep 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

Condo: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...ps-207-2-158-4-59-atrak2-reduce-again.184375/

Big bounce after reduction to 0.1 on PM of 24 Sept. I'm wondering whether I should hold this dose and see how she goes today or whether I should consider this a failed reduction and go back up to 0.25 tonight for her PM shot... :confused:

Today: 26 Sept:
    AMPS=466; +2=362

Yesterday: 25 Sept:
    AMPS: 295
    +2= 207
    +5+121
    +7=202
    +9=254
    +11=270
    PMPS: 245
    +2=301
    +9=434

2. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Can't give you any advice, but I wanted to check on the two of you. :bighug: Come on Girlie, work that juice!! :cat:

3. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Ooo good question. One for the experts:rolleyes:
    You're lowest yesterday was 121 which is respectable number on a AlphaTrack but some room for improvement. Wonder if you should wait. I'm thinking out loudo_O

4. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

My recollection of TR is you hold the dose for 6 cycles...then evaluate based on nadirs? Is this where @Wendy&Neko would say have patience?! But I'm SLGS so maybe I'm misreading the general TR guideline ;)

5. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

On failed reductions you don't have to wait 6 cycles. On increases you wait 6 cycles unless they earn a reduction. In Girlie's case since she likes to do crazy dives I wonder if waiting another cycle to see if she evens out is a good idea.

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  6. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Ah, ok so you can technically have a failed reduction in TR but not SLGS. Still developing my knowledge base :bookworm:, there is really a lot to absorb :)

Girlie's mom and Doodles & Karen like this.
  7. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

That's correct :)

You watch her close enough to go back up. I might give her another cycle or so just incase she has a cat trick up her paw.

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  8. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Come on Girlie, work the juice!

9. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

She's working it! Down to 142 @+5. So good to see blues...maybe she'll do well on this dose - I hope so!

Curious how some cats just go a steady blue with some greens thrown in, whereas Girlie has blues and greens and then throws yellows in. I'm sure part of it is my fault! :)

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

After a low that earns a reduction, you wait as long as it takes for the bounce to clear to decide if the reduction has failed. As bounces can take 6 cycles to clear, people will often wait that length of time to see if the reduction is holding. But not all cats take six cycles to clear a bounce. ECID. Today is cycle 4.

Girlie's mom likes this.
  11. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree with Wendy .. I think she's working on clearing the bounce. :cat:

Girlie's mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.