4-15 Gizmo OTJ Trial Day 7 AMBG=111; PMBG=100

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chubba (GA), Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

After a very stressful past few days, the plan is to go shopping (beans need to eat) and then relax.

Gizmo ate very well yesterday and I hope that continues today. He skipped his +6 meal, but ate his later one. I just calculated that he ate 313 calories yesterday. :) If I am remembering the formula correctly (weight x 13 + 70 = number of calories). At 12 pounds, he should eat around 226 calories. He should weigh somewhere between 12 and 14 pounds, so at 9.6 pounds we have a ways to go yet. But I feel if he continues to eat, we will be making progress shortly.

After a small (? :nailbiting:) bump in the road, Gizmo has made it to the halfway point of his OTJ trial!:D

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  2. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

That is the formula I have. I think it is "ideal" weight x 13 +70. I have a baby scale I use and weigh weekly (Sundays). It doesn't show the same as the vets scale (about 1# higher) but it still gives me a good idea if he is loosing/gaining or holding his own.

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Half way there. You got this Gizmo.

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Gizmo continues to eat for you today. Happy Day 7! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  5. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great plan:)
    What a crazy few days but so glad Gizmo is still on track. Happy to see Nat-Marvin's mom popped in to see Gizmo's success!

Hooray for Day 7!!
    happy kitten.jpg

Chubba (GA) and Mandy & Rex (GA) like this.
  6. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Congrats of day 7!!

If you need Gizmo to gain then put his ideal weight into the formula .

I hope you have a restorative day shopping, eating, and relaxing. :bighug:

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Happy hump day!

Great Gizmo report today. :) I used the scale to let me know if I was feeding the right amount of food. Neko maintained her 13-14 lb weight with just under 200 calories. ECID.

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  9. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

10. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Lookin' good, Gizmo! Happy 7! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  11. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Gizmo continues to do well. Thankfully! My goal is to get at least 230-250 calories in him a day. This would be an ideal weight of 12-14 pounds. I have been just weighing him on our scale and subtracting my weight, but I purchased a baby scale and some probiotics online today. They will be here Tuesday. I need his weight to be more accurate and he has had diarrhea since returning from the vet. It does seem to be getting better and I got some pumpkin in him today so that should help as well.

I did get to relax some today. I watched a few recorded eposoides of a tv show and took a nap. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.