? 4/5 Hugo AMPS = 449, +6 = 423 - Ketones and Starting TR?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Elle D & Hugo, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Elle D & Hugo

Elle D & Hugo Member

Previous thread

Hi everyone. I want to start TR to help get my poor boy feeling better, but his ears are looking worse for wear and I want to give them a bit of a rest. What's the least amount of testing that you can do for TR? Every 3 hours?

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

The least is 2 tests per cycle. Am/pm shots and then one in between. Somewhere between +5-8 during day and one when you go to bed or If you get up during the night.

Are you using pain relief ointment?

Tina and Salem and LilTurkey like this.
  3. Elle D & Hugo

Elle D & Hugo Member

I am. Neosporin with pain relief.

Tina and Salem and Olive & Paula like this.
  4. Elle D & Hugo

Elle D & Hugo Member

Took another ketone dipstick test. Pretty sure negative, though it's always kind of hard with the litter residue on the stick.

The one on the left is just with water. Note, that this pic was taken probably more than 30 seconds after the test. How would you interpret these dipsticks? Would you say negative or trace? I feel like I have trouble telling. 20200405_113309.jpg

5. Elle D & Hugo

Elle D & Hugo Member

+6 was 423

6. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I always had trouble telling if it was negative or trace. You need to be in a good light. It is probably negative I think.

You are testing enough at the moment for TR. I think it’s a wise move to swap to TR with Hugo recovering from Ketones. I see you have already swapped it to TR in the signature :)
    How is Hugo today?
    Eating well?
    Acting normally?

7. Elle D & Hugo

Elle D & Hugo Member

He seems good. Still a bit hidey, but he seems a bit brighter. He ate most of his food this morning and I gave him a bit of a snack of some FF around when I checked his +6. I'm hoping that these high numbers are a bounce and they break soon and he can start to feel the impact of the insulin. He always seems better then. Thank you for checking in. I'm still very worried but we seem to be getting by.

8. Tina and Salem

Tina and Salem Well-Known Member

It takes time for his body to adjust he will get better ! Welcome to the board ! We all still worry . your new its normal . Hes new to insulin too .

9. Elle D & Hugo

Elle D & Hugo Member

PMPS was 444. Gave 2 units. Ate most of his food, but still not as much as I would like. Though he was getting feisty when we tried to give him his shot, which I take as a good sign.

10. Elle D & Hugo

Elle D & Hugo Member

+4 was 380. Gave a little snack before bed.

Tina and Salem likes this.
  11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

One more cycle at 2 units tomorrow, then you can think about increasing if you don't see any blues by tomorrow night.

12. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Elle, could you please put ‘recent history of ketones and hepatic lipidosis’ in your signature please so people are aware of it. It can make a difference when giving advice. Thanks

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    Elle D & Hugo likes this.