6/14 amps 142

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Jun 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

Well, it looks like we may have found the right dose. He hit a 133 @ +10 on only the 3rd cycle at this dose. This tells me that we still have a bit of depot building and then he should be nadiring around the high greens to low blues. This will be just right.

He might have been a bit constipated, or rather backed up. He never felt like he was constipated and his bladder has been just perfect. However, I upped his MiraLax a bit since I had not seen an output in 2 days and he had two decent sized poos. So, that might have been contributing a bit. He can get up to 1 tsp a day on the MiraLax and I like to keep it as minimal as possible. I had only been giving 1/2 tsp between BID meals since he seemed to be non-constipated. When I did not see output for 2 day I upped it and gave about 3/4 tsp and he took to good poos. Formed and everything. :p

Now that BGs are coming down a bit with this dose, it seems like things are relatively calm in the household. Which is good because this bean is super sleepy and tired... lol. But, I will say this... I have almost perfected this raw feeding thing for him and that was a lot of work. He is so finicky and there is that little niche we need to hit, but I am thinking we have hit it. All the work is totally worth the effort!! Especially when I see him being active, pooing, peeing, playing, preening, and caterwauling around the house... He just feels good! :woot:

All the loves and butt scratches for all! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

HWright, JeffJ and Kris & Teasel like this.
  2. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

You know... After you said this I got to really thinking and looking at his SS. I think your right. I try to think about the dose to body ratio and for Pig, that was tremendous. It stands to reason that it would take far longer for that massive depot to drain out completely and the residual effects to fade. Which means, that the 23uL was likely a good dose with the backing of the depot, but as that has diminished some he has warranted increases. This might be how we have to dose him until he is in lower ranges.. I do still think the RC or rather, the transition to RC played a part in it, but maybe not as much as I was thinking.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good to see those solid blues back again! And with only one syringe. ;)

Sending poo vines, in case he needs them.

JeffJ and LuvinThisPig like this.
  4. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

There seems to be a common poo thread throughout your posts! I'm just glad there are no more poo pics.

Glad to hear that Pig is doing so well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.