6/26 Tiger PMPG 100 Back from the vet

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tiger(GA) and Ruth, Jun 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

Previous Condo

6/25
    AMPS 73
    +1.5=74 hc
    +2.5=74
    +4=78 hc
    +6=91 hc
    +9=126
    PMPS 187
    +1.5=166
    +4=78 hc
    +8=82 hc

6/26
    AMPS 76
    +2=47/48 hc
    +2.5=53 hc
    +3=56 hc
    +4=51 hc
    +5=49 hc karo
    +5.5=93 (think I overdid the hc o_O)
    +7=73
    +9=70
    +10 At vet = 100
    PMPG= 100

I was scheduled to go to the funeral in Spokane tomorrow, but I'm most likely going to cancel the trip. Last evening Tiger had two lb accidents, plus her appy was a little off. This morning she threw up a bit of bile and again no appy and even scarier, no urine in the LB. I could not get her into the vet until 4:30, her B/W was good except elevated WBC. On her last visit to the vet, she peed before they could get urinalysis, so this time it got done, earliest examination showing blood so it has been sent out for C&S :oops::oops: Dr. Laura gave her a cerenia shot, a shot of bupe and we wait to see if she needs AB. Her tummy was hard and tender, Dr. Laura thinks it's probably pancreatitis flare up. :oops::oops:

She was just about passed out and dopey when we got home at shot time. No appy, so no shot tonight.... If by chance she perks up tomorrow AM, and we do decide to go on this trip, I could use some input as to a reduced dose. They will not be testing, they will only need to shoot Saturday night and Sunday morning. Any opinion would be greatly appreciated.

So many vines for kitties in need, and their humans. Especially to Marje's mom, and Callie and Carla and Rhiannon and Shadow.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

(((Ruth))) so sorry to hear Tiger isn't feeling well. :bighug: I hope she recovers quickly enough for you to go on your trip. If she was eating well, I'd say a 2.5 unit dose, starting tomorrow morning when you shoot. The no shot tonight will help drain the depot, but she got back on track really quickly last time you skipped. If her appetite is iffy, I'd go with a half dose. It's only two cycles and rather Tiger be safe and a little higher. Having a dose on the line is easier. I'd leave a sample syringe with colored liquid in it to show the dose amount.

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Tiger isn't feeling well and extra sorry because of your trip and the funeral. Prayers and vines. It's interesting that she's running so low with pancreatitis and what looks like a UTI. We never want them to be sick if course but this is especially bad timing. :bighug::bighug::bighug: I hope she feels much better by tomorrow.

4. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

adding prayers and appy vines....
    Sorry Tiger is putting on the brakes for your trip.
    I empathize with the lack of appetite..... and not shooting....
    hope she 's feeling better in the morning..... enough to eat....

5. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry Ruth to read that Tiger is unwell, hope she soon feels better after the vet visit and you are able to continue with your trip. Vines and prayers for you both :bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

((((Ruth))))
    I am so sorry Tiger has pancreatitis. I know how worried you must be. That was tough not getting into the vet until 4.30 but better than not at all. She had the same treatment as Sheba. I hope it works quickly on Tiger. It is such a worry I know.. I hope she gets her appetite back quickly and starts to pee in the lb.

Tough not being able to get to the funeral but hard to leave a sick kitty. Maybe you could send a large bunch flowers to the aunt's children.
    Sending loads of appy and healing vines to Tiger and big hugs to you:bighug::bighug:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  7. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Ruth}}}

First, I'm sorry for your loss. Second, I'm sorry you might have to miss the funeral. Third, I'm so sad to hear that Tiger has been under the weather. We know all about the curse of pancreatitis here, and I can totally empathize with what you're dealing with. Wendy has given you excellent advise for dosing, should you decide to go. I'll just add some healing vines for Tiger and some :bighug: for you.

Thank you for thinking of us when you are going through so much, yourself.

8. purrdydolly

purrdydolly Member

Piling on more vines for Tiger. I hope she perks up in time for you to be able to make the funeral :bighug:

9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Tiger feels better soon. Sending prayers. Thanks for thinking of me and Callie.

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

How's Tiger doing this morning?

11. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Adding more hugs and prayers for your sweet girl...

12. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

((((Ruth)))),
    I hope Tiger is feeling better this morning so that you can go to the funeral. I'm so sorry that you have to deal with all of this at once. The reduced dose sounds like the right thing to do, and I think you can safely follow Wendy's suggestion.
    Sending lots of vines for Tiger, and vines for you to get through the weekend.

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

13. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

Awww thanks so much for the support, you guys are the absolute best!!! Wendy, thanks so much for your wisdom and advice however, I have decided to skip the service, I cannot bring myself to leave my poor baby when she feels so poorly. I brought her downstairs last night where it is cooler and I slept on the couch next to her little bed. She is less dopey this morning since the bupe has worn off and the cerenia shot has kicked in. She is only licking up the water in her food but she did eat about 1T of Wellness Core that I hand fed her. I noticed she peed outside the LB again, I will be :nailbiting::nailbiting: until the results of the C & S come back...And I know my cousins and family will hate me and think I'm nuts but I could not live with myself if I leave her like this. :oops::oops:

14. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

((((Ruth)))

Sending many healing vines for your sweet baby girl. I hope she starts to feel better soon and eat. I'm glad you could get her in right away and also that the fruc test came out so great! Yay!

I'm also very sorry for your losses and that you couldn't attend the funeral this weekend. I know it's hard for our families to understand (I did not get to go to my DMIL's funeral) but we have to keep our babies safe.

Thinking of you :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Tiger(GA) and Ruth likes this.
  15. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Ruth, I hope Tiger is feeling a bit better and she starts to eat a bit more for you.....it is such a worry when they won't/can't eat.
    I noticed I called Tiger a he yesterday....I am sorry about that....I have gone back and changed it.....I know she is a she........I grew up with a boy dog called Tiger and it comes automatically to call a Tiger he....sorry Miss Tiger.

16. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Ruth :):coffee:

Many many many healing vines for Tiger. So sorry for the P'titis Dx. We went through one nasty episode of that with Mannie, and I can remember how hard it was to get him to eat, and I was always trying to find a decent Insulin dose. I let him eat whatever he wanted, even the HC, as it seems that was the only thing he would eat. :rolleyes: I hope the bupe makes her more comfortable, and in being so maybe the appy will pick up some. Hugs to you, scritches to Tiger.

I am sorry too for the recent losses in your family, and that you have to skip the service. I hope your family will understand.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  17. Jamye and Fred

Jamye and Fred Member

Feel better, soon, Tiger! And Ruth, I'm sorry for your loss.

18. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Hi Ruth. Did you get the results of the culture? Has she started antibiotics? I see she dropped yesterday and you gave a reduced dose. I sure hope all is okay. :bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.