6/30/2019 Leoberry hanging in there (pics)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JeffJ, Jun 30, 2019.

1. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

previous thread <<-- link

Leo is still hanging in there. Theresa and I didn't really think he would be around at this point, as a result of all the not-eating issues. He still has the same problems - can't swallow well and runs from his food sometimes.

For some reason he has regained an affinity for Fancy Feast good foods. He is still eating other foods including crunch. He seems to like seafood this week.

The weight loss continues. He is now down to ~12 pounds on his 16 pound frame. Our sweet bony old man. We are happy for every extra day that Leo is with us - he is such a good boy, giving us lots of lap-time purrs.

Leo had hypos in both cycles yesterday, from not eating enough, and vomiting 2 of the mini-meals. :(
    I used to be upset during hypos. Now I'm just glad that Leo is here, trying his best to be a good boy.

Pics:
    - Leo and Chinus - late dinner together
    - Leo on lap, with Little Dude
    - Leo in front yard watching the world, and considering eating grass
    Leo and Chinus - late dinner 06-29-2019b.jpg
    Leo on Lap, with Little Dude 06-29-2019b.jpg
    Leo in front yard 06-26-2019b.jpg

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Oh Jeff, thank you for the update. Love the pics of Leoberry and the kitties. I know you (and the rest of us) are very grateful for every day that Leo is still with us, and doing as well as he can. Hoping for many more good days with that fine boy. He doesn't have to try to be a good boy, he just is!

Ollie (GA) and JeffJ like this.
  3. nslade001

nslade001 Well-Known Member

Aaaw, thanks for the update, was thinking about you all earlier today :) with love, Nikki

JeffJ likes this.
  4. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Thanks for the update Jeff, its so heartwarming how much love you put in to little Leo and the rest of your family. So glad he is eating a little bit more. Thinking about you and hoping for many more good days with your sweet man :bighug:

Ollie (GA) and JeffJ like this.
  5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Both kitties look like they are enjoying themselves.

JeffJ likes this.
  6. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. Love the pic of Leo and Chinus (we don’t get to see Chinus very often!). Here’s hoping for many more world watching, good days for sweet Leo:bighug:

JeffJ likes this.
  7. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Happy to hear Leo is hanging in there. I feel the same about my Peggy Sue. She is eating but still so thin & not gaining any weight. I'm happy for every day she's here!

[​IMG]

Bobbie And Bubba and JeffJ like this.
  8. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update Jeff. Love the photos. What a handsome fellow! Sending another plane load of eating vines.

JeffJ likes this.
  9. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for the healing vines, Leo can use them these days.

Since Leo is so thin, each day that he goes on a hunger strike - seems to take a bit more out of him. Yesterday was so hard on him.

Today was a good day
    Eating "the new normal", including some healthy Fancy Feast. BG is up from the crunch, and he is acting normal. I let Leo and LD out back twice today. Both times they sat on the porch there, then they turned around and faced the back sliding glass door. Our silly silly boys still make me laugh. Plus they don't want to come in, they just want to be outside looking inside. Goofy funny kittehs.

I got 4.5 hours of sleep last night taking care of Leo. Today, Leo and I took a 2 hour nap together. He just loved it, and so did I. He has such a warm purrsonality. Some day, in the future, these are the days that I will miss the most.

10. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Oh Jeff , hugs and more hugs. Leo is giving you and Theresa an extra bonus gift. Ride it for how ever long it last. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

JeffJ likes this.
  11. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Jeff, Leo is one wonderful kitty. I love the way you are letting him decide what and when to eat, sleep, adventure outdoors. Thanks for the pictures.
    Last year at just this time we and Rusty were going through a transition much like yours and Leo's. Our boy was down to 6 lbs (from his peak of 17 lbs), eating OK, but essentially feeding the cancer that took him. We lived each day as it came, spent lots of time together, sitting on the warm brick walk in the sunshine. I treasure those days. Rusty was about 20 years old.
    Thinking of you all and sending lots of vines for your boy.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad today was a good day. I hope you have many more. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Thanks for additional vines and the best wishes.:bighug:

@Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) - I will tell Theresa about Rusty's journey. I am glad that Rusty was able to make it to the great age of 20. We know this is probably Leo's last year (or month). Probably we won't let him get all the way down to 6 lbs. He already has some trouble walking. And his back leg muscles are reduced.

We think as long as he is eating and mostly acting normal, we will keep him around. Leo has always been a sweet cat. In the past few months, he seems to enjoy the attention and the lap-times even more. You are right. The sunset days bring such great treasured memories with them.

14. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member