6/5 Titan AMPS 129, +3 122, PMPS 170, +3 95, +4 97

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MyTitan (GA), Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Titan 6/4.

Good Twosday morn to all. Titan is working on some nice BG numbers lately, now I'm wondering if I should stop the prednisolone and switch to Metacam ????? He's feeling good, goes for walks and is interested in life. Boy I wish he could talk, well maybe not, I'd be in trouble!!! @Wendy&Neko , Dr Becky didn't mention testing for the diabetic insipidus, her theory was its the tumor/pituitary putting out the hormone which may be mimicking and that we are treating him now for diabetic mellitus and he is fairly well controlled. She will check the urine for proteins and let us know if the high volume of drinking/peeing is causing any issues with his kidneys. I'm trying to remember the conversation, was in the car (pulled over) but didn't have note taking materials. Titans asking to go outside and chase the wasscally wabbits, so I'm off for another bye- bye. Have a good day. Ed

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Titan is feeling good today. I hope he enjoys his outside time. Good luck with whatever you decide about the pred.

MyTitan (GA) likes this.
  3. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Did he catch any wabbits?:joyful:
    Glad to hear he’s feeling good:bighug:

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Metacam is an NSAID, prednisolone is a steroid, so diffferent types of drugs. Both have some anti inflammatory properties though. What did Dr. Becky say about continuing on both?

I had read about some treatments for diabeties insipidus, so that's why I was asking whether there would be testing to confirm it. I remember Wes's Jack starting peeing/drinking volumes. Wes had a refractometer (for his fish tanks) so was able to test the urine specific gravity. It was pretty low.

MyTitan (GA) likes this.
  5. MyTitan (GA)

As of Wednesday morn we are playing telephone tag so no decision yet, gave him a pred this morn so Thursday / Friday are covered med wise.

6. MyTitan (GA)

No but last night I had to remove a mouse he and civie Frank were playing with ( mouse did not survive) .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.