7/14 Loudogg AMPS 511 PMPS 143 +3 137 +5 79 +6 60 +7 60 +8 71 - PJ Party!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

July 13, 2018 Condo

Morning everyone,
    I am seriously freaking out... like I am a step or two away from my head exploding. Lou's AMPS was at 511!!! 511!!!!! I had thought he hadn't been in the 500s since his diagnosis, but apparently he was once when he had a UTI and I skipped a shot (the value was at the ER vet, not at home). But oddly enough, he's never been in the 500s any other time since his diagnosis, not even when I skipped 2 shots when we took a quick trip out of town.

Now, trying to think logically here. So far he has been acting perfectly normal this morning. There hasn't been anything weird going on with him. Obviously the beans have been stressed with the house offer situation, but our stress hasn't effected him like this before (in general, not when he was sick or hypo). Is it the IAA? Wouldn't it be weird that he doesn't seemingly have crazy numbers or need a lot of insulin until AFTER he was diagnosed? Seems a bit coincidental. I wonder if he needs a dental, but of course if that's the case, it's Saturday and odds are we'd have to wait at least a month until I could get him in. That would be a long time to hang out in crazy numbers.

Obviously I'll have to see how he reacts to the insulin today. If he doesn't do anything, how long do we keep him high before I intervene by increasing his dose?

:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Did you do a second test right away to see if that was just a wonky reading from a defective strip? I wouldn't panic - you need to see if there's a high trend in other BGs today. I'm always suspicious of a single number that's out of the ordinary. You can breathe now, Amanda ... :);)

3. Amanda and a Loudogg

What's funny is that was my first thought, to retest. But then I figured my wonky numbers always seem to be low, never high, so then I thought it must be accurate. Then of course I went on with the t/f/s routine, and obviously the more I thought about it the more freaked out I got. :facepalm: I'll test at +2 to see where he's at. Another lesson learned today...

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

He'll be OK. It's hard to think logically under stress. I know this too well ...

5. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Any chance he got into some other food?

6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Any chance last night was a partial fur shot? His +4 was already climbing. If so that explains this morning. Or the wonky numbers before taking a dive.

7. Amanda and a Loudogg

It's not likely, although I won't go so far as to say it's impossible. On the off chance it happened, I looked around and I didn't see anything suspicious: no food laying out, no bread with holes in the bag, the closet door where we keep the dry is closed. Thank you for the suggestion though, I hadn't even thought about it!

8. Amanda and a Loudogg

I don't think so, but again, I can't say for absolutely certain. I always just lightly wipe over the injection site afterwards with my hand to see if there's any liquid. I didn't sense any.

At least he's coming down, but I guess that confirms the original strip wasn't wonky.
    +2 = 432
    Ketones = 0.9 (Negative, but the value is higher than the last check. Something to keep an eye on.)

9. Amanda and a Loudogg

So out of curiosity, I just checked Lou's mouth. I've never done it before, but he was not happy with me trying to see. There seemed to be 3 small dots along his lip line on the left side. I've never seen anything like it. They were reddish, but maybe lighter (like salmon). He really kept trying to pull his head away. Does he just not like his mouth played with or is he in pain. Ugh. So annoying and frustrating not knowing what's going on.

10. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Amanda
    If Loudogg has sores in his mouth they can be painful which may explain the high numbers...maybe. I know its a little bit of a hike but there are many board certified dentists in Minnesota that you may want to explore for a dental since you're seeing something more going on in his mouth. I just recently made a trip to see one about 2 hours from me and it was worth it. Here's the website that lists the doctors by state. https://www.avdc-dms.org/dms/list/diplomates-map.cfm

Hope you get to the bottom of things and Loudog feeld better soon:bighug:

11. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

12. Amanda and a Loudogg

That's a great idea, thanks Michelle! Apparently the closest one to me is in Winnipeg. Who knew? :p Hopefully he'll keep coming down.

Thanks Carla! I appreciate all the positive thoughts! :)

13. Amanda and a Loudogg

My rainbow baby. Nearly every single color he could have today. I still am flummoxed with what happened this morning, and obviously I'm interested/nervous to see how he does tonight. Will he bounce after the 143? At this rate he'll never be in good numbers. :facepalm:

14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I wonder if Lou likes the high before the low?

Nice slide down. :cool:

15. Amanda and a Loudogg

That would be lovely wouldn't it?! Complete night and day change from this morning! Let's hope he can keep this going! :cool:

16. Amanda and a Loudogg

+5 = 79 :D

It's official. A true rainbow kitty. :woot: Now I hope I never have to see that ever again, hahaha!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.