7/16/19 Olive AMPS 231; +8.5=195; PMPS 203; +4=186

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday. Caber 284

Olive got a bit wild last night. She came running into living room full speed and attacked the carpet. PJ walked in to living to see what she was missing and Ollie growled, spit and swatted PJ. Tux walked into kitchen and Ollie went after him

Just got call from hospital. Sometime over next 2 days I go for training on the device. I guess staying home today was a good thing, I just can't wake up this morning. I need to start pulling all Olive stuff together. do my laundry, I have nothing clean to pack now. Just asked vet for more bupre so I have to get that picked up tomorrow. And order more syringes, not that I need them now but will be getting close to being out while I'm gone.
    Right now I'm having brunch. Turkey & ham sandwich. Probably the first real food (not fast food or frozen meals) since this has started.

Appreciate everyone's wish to be closer to help and I wish someone was, but it is what it is. Some stuff I can't do until after surgery and we know what we are exactly dealing with. I do hope no one else has to go through this. If it was just bypass I don't think it would be so bad. It's the real possibility of needing transplant that makes it so much worse.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

I am thinking of you and your Husband every day Paula, I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with all of this but I must say, I am so impressed by you. Although this is such a hard time you are taking it one step at a time and handling things as they come your way. I am learning a lot from you as you go through this (talk about capitalizing off of someone else's misfortune). I really hope that a bypass will be enough and that your DH wont have to have a transplant. But if he does, it sounds like he is in the best place, what an improvement from where he was before.

Olive is probably sensing a change is about to happen, I find that Nyx is always weird when we are getting ready for a trip, they're really so perceptive. That being said, Olive has been keeping pretty reasonable numbers so that is a relief.

I think eating food that you're familiar with is key during times like these, does your room have a mini fridge? If not maybe you could call and see if the hotel can put one in there so you can keep some familiar food with you. Some fruits and veggies go along way when you're having busy days in unfamiliar places.

I'm glad you're taking good care of yourself and getting some rest, Thanks for keeping us updated :) :bighug::bighug:

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

AmandaE likes this.
  4. Olive & Paula

@AmandaE .

I have a room on hold with fridge. It also has a microwave and coffee maker which is nice but not required so I already bought the cup of soups, Hormel meals and instant micro meals. Just have to find some stuff for breakfasts. Friendleys is smack next door, not even 100 feet away.

5. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

I think Olive feels something is coming up! :cat::)
    Nice you had a good brunch this morning, it's gonna help you going through your busy day getting all your stuff ready!
    I know you have tons of things to do, but why don't you try to take at least a few moments just for you today ! It's gonna make you feel better and you'll work twice as fast after! :p
    You are always in my thoughts! :bighug::bighug:

6. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

That is a relief! I'm glad you will be able to have at least a small amount of normalcy in your room :) Friendlys is a HUGE perk! awesome :D

Great advice Lyane :D

7. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Sending lots of prayers, wish I was closer and not having knee surgery and I would help

8. Olive & Paula

So ran and got my hair cut. Was scheduled for next week, know that wasn't gonna happen. It was so long already.

Just got notice Wedgewood package is arriving tomorrow. It doesn't say which med but I think the only one ready for refill was the caber. Since I called yesterday and explained situation and asked for super fast processing I guess they listened.

I ordered more syringes and they shipped already. The chewy order I placed for puppy pads yesterday arrived today.

I popped over to grocery store to get the Paws brand cat food they all love but they were out. Finally asked if I can get a routine order from now on and they said yes. Can't believe it. No other store sells it here despite what the web site says. So hope it works out. It's comparable to FF but made in Canada and it's cheaper. Ollie has been doing well with it. Calculator says it's 3%. In my spare time I will contact company for the info.

9. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Much love to you and your family, Paula <3

10. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Idea for breakfast..

https://www.justcrackanegg.net

I do granola bars mostly during the week but you will probably need something a bit more substantial. Also can't go wrong with peanut butter (and jelly) sandwich.

Be sure to turn the mini-fridge down (up?). They tend to be temperamental and freeze stuff from personal experience.

Continued prayers :bighug::bighug:

11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Thinking of you. You are a strong woman Paula. Your second diabetic cat and an acro who is doing well. I know you will be able to manage the new normal. :bighug:

Never heard of Paws food, and I am in Canada. Huh.

12. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

With all the crud you are going thru, you are also doing a stellar job with Olive. Thinking of you tonight. I hope all goes well over the next few days.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. Olive & Paula

Haven't seen those. I don't think I want to tote along eggs though.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  14. Olive & Paula

It was her caber shipped. Will arrive tomorrow.

Heading to bed. Early rise tomorrow and head out.