7/22 Chloe AMPS 266 +2 163 +7 139 PMBG 78 +15 86

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Randi & Max (GA), Jul 22, 2019.

1. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Good morning
    Had a very rough weekend with Chloe.
    Numbers dropped too low twice, then too low to shoot. Last night I was surprised to see she had gone down to 80 at PMBG and just could not shoot.
    I don't like this inconsistency in not being able to shoot every 12 hours. Not how Lantus is supposed to work but I just don't know what to do. Lots of vomit last night and had trouble walking.
    Worried for my girl.

2. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

I might have an unpopular opinion, but I definitely see the fact that you haven't had to administer a shot every 12 hours for Chloe as a good thing! it means she needs less insulin support than we expected, she has even been holding her own without the insulin! to me this is great news!!

One thing I would consider though, is taking Chloe to the vet, especially if vomiting is not normal for her, and definitely if she was having trouble walking! I wonder if she could have an underlying condition? Do you think you would be able to get her in for an appointment?

3. Randi & Max (GA)

Thanks Amanda for stopping by. We dropped her dose down to .25 so I am home today and see where she goes with that and might have to go to drops. Someone mentioned a caliper so I might try and look into that, although not sure which to get and the syringes I am using are not on the conversion list so that is homework for me.

I have attributed the vomiting to all the food changes I have mode over the last few days. It started when I had to give her the gravy when she dropped to 24. It has only happened at night, plus her pred dose was a bit lower as I had run out finally got a new batch. The walking probably neuropathy. Waiting to received methyl B12. The vets don't use that and I have not been abel to find it here. It is coming up from the states next week. If I don;t like how the day goes I will get into my vet. Problems always arrive at the night of course and I hate going to the emergency hospital.
    Been there way too many times.

Zorro's mom and AmandaE like this.
  4. AmandaE

So true, problems definitely do only happen at night it seems. I also havent been able to find methyl B12 in Canada, seems like ordering it online is the only way to get it here. Your theory on the mix of food could definitely be right on why Chloe has been vomiting so often.

There is a post on calipers here that explains dosing with calipers, I believe there is information on the BD ultra fine within it!

5. Randi & Max (GA)

She just threw up all liquid again. Got an appointment to bring her in this afternoon. Not happy as it is not my usual vet who has never seen her. I have no idea what they can even tell or see so I am at a loss. I took a picture of the vomit and ept what I wiped up in a baggie to bring. I will also bring the food I tried yesterday. Any suggestions what I should ask. I am a mess and have so much work to do.

6. AmandaE

Sorry, I am unsure. You could post over on the health forum, or try putting a ? for your title and asking the question there, most members here (L B & L) have a lot of experience on when to take a pet to the vet. Do you think it is at all possible Chloe is having a hard time bringing up a hairball?

7. Randi & Max (GA)

Thanks Amanda Possible but it is all liquid. Ill change my title and see if I get hits

8. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Describe the initial state of the liquid to the vet. For example, if the liquid was mostly foam - this indicates stomach acid is at play. I hope you get a good vet and some answers.

9. Randi & Max (GA)

No foam at all. Just pure coloured liquid. Not quite bile looking though. I saved what I wiped up on the paper towel so they could see and took a picture although it was on a brown floor.

Red & Rover (GA) likes this.
  10. Randi & Max (GA)

Took her to the vet. Gave shot of Cerenia for the vomiting. Everything else is good ans she was hydrated pretty well for a 18 year old.
    Going to stick with foods she has eaten in the past and not try and change too many things at once. Can't shoot again tonight. threw me a 78 even after a vet visit.
    Might have to bring the morning .25 down to a few drops so I can consider being able to give twice a day and keep her surfing nice numbers.