7 cycles of ridiculous numbers.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Viktoria, Aug 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viktoria

Viktoria Member

I’m half tempted to go back to 1.25 units. His numbers are worse on 1.5 and don’t seem to be improving. Is it possible that the insulin somehow went bad in less than a month...? That’s the only other thing I can think of.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The link to your last post here, included for continuity, http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/contradictory-advice-from-our-vet.201110/

I'd guess Ninja saw blue today and is now bouncing, anytime the +2 is quite a bit lower than the preshot, it can be an indicator of anmore active cycle, if you see that when you have to be away, make sure you leave lots of food out for him to keep himself safe.

I don't think the insulin is bad. He likely needs a higher dose, but let's see what the data shows at the end of the week.

3. Viktoria

Viktoria Member

Thank you now... how do I explain to my vet why I didn’t follow her advice on the dosage?

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Depends on your relationship with your vet. I printing off a copy of the dosing method I was using (in my case Tight Regulation) and gave my vet copies of the spreadsheet to show her how/why I was changing doses.

5. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

I don't see any blue numbers since 8/12. So you should continue the dose. Slow and careful increases.

Agree with Wendy. If your vet sees that you are carefully treating Ninja, then they will agree with what you are doing.

Catacular likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.