9/2 Figaro AMPS 351

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Figaro's Liz, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

Previous chapter in our adventure

After a low green PMPS last night, and with our schedule way off track, I decided to skip, reset our shot time this morning, and reduce to 2u. I know the reduction isn't strictly protocol but it seemed like the best option.

That said, if anyone happens to have differing opinions on the best course/dose going forward I would welcome your suggestions gratefully. For me this is all new territory.

Thanks for asking :bighug:

Figaro is hanging in there. I've seen a lot of meatloaf pose so I'm guessing his belly is not feeling good. He had one weird solid + liquid poop this morning, probably thanks to the laxative... if I see more of that I'll call the vet. However, he is eating, peeing, and no vomiting! Even a little bit of playing and patrolling his territory, checking all the corners :) I'm still worried, but hopefully he'll improve as today goes on.

2. Suzanne Burton

Suzanne Burton Well-Known Member

Prayers for you and Figaro. I hope he keeps perking up today.

3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Hi Liz, just wondering if you're able to get some readings around 4-6+ It would be interesting to know how long he was going down from that yellow earlier in the day.

4. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice update for Fig! Glad he's feeling better.

5. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

Thanks, Sue. I sure wish I had gotten a +6-8 or even +10 yesterday (I just assumed he would be high and he felt so bad already I was trying to give him a break.. then had to poke a bunch anyway, sigh)
    I figured I would get a +6 this cycle. Because of the skip last night I doubt he will come down much... but who knows, I keep getting surprised :facepalm:

6. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

A 9+ might be good enough - yep, the skip last night was costly...but when you're uncomfortable shooting those mid-greens, it happens...sends them soaring. It depends on your ability to continue testing ... perhaps a reduced dose would have been good...hindsight being what it is...just something to consider for next time.

Those green surprises right at injection time...ugh...:(

7. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Hope Fig feels better again soon! Fingers crossed all goes well :bighug::bighug:

Figaro's Liz likes this.
  8. Penelope and Mačka

Penelope and Mačka Well-Known Member

Thinking of you and little Fig's tummy :)

Figaro's Liz likes this.
  9. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Nothing like a nice relaxing 3 day weekend with your kitty! :D

Hope Figaro feels better and gets back on track quickly!

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You might want to add some notes in the comments section about the reason for the ER visit. I am glad to hear that Figaro seems to be recovering. :bighug:

Eventually you will grow to like green preshots, when you can monitor. It typically leads to a nice flat cycle. Of course it would be easier on you if he gave a slightly higher green. :rolleyes: As you can see by your testing last night, he was on his way up even before the onset if you had shot. Good data to have.

As for dose, he didn’t earn a reduction down to 2.25 units, so it’s possible the 2 units will be too little. Time will tell. If the numbers start trending up, I’d be inclined to call it a failed reduction.

Figaro's Liz likes this.
  11. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

Thanks, Wendy, good point, notes added (he is doing even better now!).

I have to admit the reductions have been kind of selfish because I've been desperate for sleep :oops: I'll be ready to increase in 3 days if I don't see green at 2u.

I've been reading today and went back through the TR/SLGS Myths Debunked thread... next time I get a low PS I may try bumping him up early in the cycle with some MC. I know I need to learn to shoot greens, that's my self-assigned homework.

12. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Figaro continues to feel better. Sending prayers.

13. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Been there, done that. I called them “temporary reductions” and crossed my fingers. :p

I used to regularly do around a +9 test, partly because Neko often nadired there, but also it allowed me to give her a little boost before preshot if I needed it. And gave me an idea which direction she was going when preshot came. Plus I could nap a couple hours in advance.

Figaro's Liz likes this.