9-22 Gizmo AMPS=376; +3=295; +6=245; PMPS=162; +3=172 Starting cabergoline next week!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chubba (GA), Sep 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

PMPS = 141
    +3 = 252

AMPS = 376

Not sure whether to increase or not. These bounces are extreme, but with a nadir of 106 on alphatrack yesterday ... I'm not sure how much lower I want to push him.

2. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Maybe you could just increase to a fat 6.5. Hope Gizmo cools it on the bouncing, whatever you decide.

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Bouncing can make it hard to know which dose to give. I hope Gizmo flattens out for you soon.

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  4. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Tough call. Maybe the fat 6.5, its hard to say. In the end if its a fail you go back down or if you hold a few more cycles you can increase. Could you eyeball 6.75? Is that crazy?!?

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  5. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

106 nadir seems pretty good. Will 6.5 u hold that?

6. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

106 is like a green with the AT , so the rules say hold I think. But I was never the type to follow rules, if it was me I would increase unless Gizmo goes green today of course.

Chubba (GA) and MyTitan (GA) like this.
  7. Chubba (GA)

Found a local pharmacy for cabergoline for 80 a month. They mix with almond oil chicken flavor. Also has stivia silica and sodium chloride in it.

I'm worried about the stivia silica. Is this ok for a diabetic?
    @Marvin's Mom - Nat @Beenie @Wendy&Neko

Marvin's Mom - Nat likes this.
  8. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

I asked google :p and it appears its diabetic friendly. You could always ask the pharmacist and advise them the cabergoline is for a diabetic cat and they should be able to concocted it as a diabetic friendly compound.

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You could always try a 0.25 u increase, to see if it helps lower the upper end. With a nadir of 106, you have almost 40 points room for an increase.

Usually compounder will do water based or oiled based. Based on sample size of one, Neko preferred the water based ones. It was "chicken soup" vs. "roast chicken" flavour.

10. Chubba (GA)

Cabergoline was just ordered through CrossRiver pharmacy - thanks @Beenie. They were extremely nice and very helpful. It is shipping Monday and will be here within 3 days! Finally things are starting to fall into place. Now, I just hope it works for Gizmo!

Probably going to increase to 7 units tonight. He has been high all day today and I will be able to monitor over the weekend.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  11. Chubba (GA)

I don't want to do 6.75 ... but probably will. Lol:nailbiting:
    he bounces around so much, it's hard to tell. I will probably increase a bit tonight.
    I'm usually a rule follower:rolleyes:, but I want to do what is best for Gizmo and I hate seeing him in high numbers for part of the day. He isn't himself and he is starving when his numbers are up. :(
    So I saw your post and in my crazy end of the workweek mind, thought a 0.25 increase was 7 units. :banghead: Glad I double checked my thinking ... 6.75 units it is tonight.

12. Chubba (GA)

PMPS = 162
    Increased to 6.75 units

13. Bronx's dad (GA)

His PMPS being lower than the +6 might mean an active cycle tonight :coffee::coffee::coffee:

14. Chubba (GA)

I thought that. I probably shouldn't have increased tonight when it looks like he might be clearing the bounce. I'm able to monitor so he should be fine.

15. Bronx's dad (GA)

yeah, probably not the best time for an increase

16. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

Good luck, good luck with the Cabergoline! I so hope that works for you.

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  17. Chubba (GA)

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.