? 9-25 Gizmo PMPS=155; +3=155; +4.25=199 Feeding the Curve

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chubba (GA), Sep 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

PMPS = 352 [last night]
    +3 = 329
    +4.25 = 338

AMPS = 361
    +3 = 226 :woot:
    +6 = 91 :woot:
    +7 = 121
    +8.25 = 119

PMPS = 155

Gizmo had plans to clear the bounce this morning. Unfortunately, the speed at which he came down is likely to cause another nasty bounce. :( I'm thinking about maybe feeding more in the beginning of the cycle to help slow his drops. Any ideas or suggestions? Right now, he gets a snack at +3 and +6. I was thinking maybe split his +3 into half at +2 and half at +3. Or should I just ride the bouncing out?

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Gizmo doesn't bounce really high. I was never good at feeding the curve. You may want to put the ? icon on your post or edit your subject line to get eyes on your question.

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Nice PMPS. Feeding the curve is a real art and it is difficult when kitties nadir change such as Gizmo's. Today he nadired at +6 and the PM cycle of 9.23 it looks like it was at + 3....... and on 9/19 it was +10 :rolleyes:

Here is why I love getting a +2. If that number is the same or lower than the pre shot, I know kitty is on the move and I can monitor more closely and if they are dropping fast, I can give some food to slow them down. If they are well above 68 in your case with the AT 2, I would give some LC food and retest in 30 minutes and depending on if they keep dropping, I might bring out some MC or HC depending on that number. So, I would start getting a +2 to help you know how to proceed. It's my favorite test :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  4. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Feeding the curve...I'll have to find that stickie:bookworm:

Nice numbers today Gizmo:cat:

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  5. Bobbie And Bubba

Beenie (GA) likes this.
  6. Chubba (GA)

The +2 number didn't seem to be very good at predicting Gizmo's cycle, which is why I switched to the +3 test. But I can test sooner after that test and feed based on the test results.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  7. Bobbie And Bubba

It might be different now if he has switched up his patterns. It's a good idea to switch up the test from cycle to cycle for just that reason: without any notice these cats are subject to changing up their patterns. :rolleyes:

8. Chubba (GA)

I was just thinking about that. With these big drops lately, maybe a +2 test might be better. Although, this week a +2 am test isn't possible. So a +3 it is. I can try to get a +2 for the pm cycle, but his dives usually occur in the am cycle.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  9. Chubba (GA)

+3 = 155

Well, I'm not sure what to make of the exact same number as PMPS. Guess I will have to wait a little longer to see what Gizmo has planned for tonight. :cat:

10. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

Oh, those lovely blues! Good Gizmo! :p:D

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  11. Girlie's mom

I, too, love the +2: it gives me the heads up I need to steer Girlie if need be, and by how much. Go the +2 test! :D

12. Girlie's mom

That was a huge drop to 91 at the +5: I wonder if Gizmo will bounce now?

13. Chubba (GA)

I'm waiting for it, so maybe he will surprise me and not bounce. Lol

14. Chubba (GA)

+4.25 = 199

Well, he was nice enough to spare me seeing yellow tonight. Bounce on ... time for sleep!

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  15. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

I'd rather like to think he'll throw the bounce out later (tomorrow), but not tonight...well here's hoping anyway ;), I still can't read BGs to find patterns, just when I think I know, that's when I get a surprise :woot:

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  16. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

See...I had no idea lol

Sleep well!

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  17. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

What a great day for Gizmo! Love the night too. :cool:

The +2 never did anything for Neko (on Lantus) either as she was later with her onset. The +3 or +4 was a better predictor. A couple of times her +3 higher than her preshot, then she dove later for a reduction that cycle. :rolleyes: Darn unpredicatble cats. Makes it trickier to Know Thy Cat.

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  18. Bobbie And Bubba

The 352 AMPS to the 240 +3 was a big drop. The +2 is helpful to see how fast on the move the cycle is to help you give some LC food to flatten it out some. EVID so some experimentation will be necessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.