9 Sept Tucker AMPS 5.4(97) +6 4.5(79)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tucker, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Tucker

Tucker Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/11-sept-tucker-amps-10-1-182.202926/#post-2252320
    Dealing with some low numbers today. Tucker has been in the green for the last 6 hours. He is currently laying on my feet purring his head off. He had a can on Fancy Feast Classic this morning and was begging for more so I gave him a large fistful of shredded roast chicken. He's giving me the angry side-eye because I've not given him his "good boy treat" with the BG tests for fear of altering his results. Good thing this purry puss has a short memory cuz it's nothing but love atm! Any words of wisdom or advice on how to proceed today? @JeffJ @Bron and Sheba ?

2. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Those are actually very good numbers. They are low, yes, but not close to hypo.

Let's look at an excellent job of regulation by Christine as "Chris and China". Really stellar regulation.
    recent thread here <<-- link
    and
    current spreadsheet here <<-- second link

The point is that some people do tight regulation and try to keep their kitteh in the blue and dark green numbers. The numbers are not dangerous. They do require closer monitoring. And if you have a bouncy cat, then you have to be more careful.

I would definitely feed Tucker normally, or even a bit more. And I would give him extra good boy treats because, well, he is a very good boy.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

If he stays low up to PMPS, then consider a reduced dose.

I will be on for about 2.5 more hours. (10:30pm now, on until 1:00am).

3. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

On the other kitteh Frosty, he has a lot of issues. Ana has done a stellar job. She saved him from certain death after someone dumped him in the middle of winter in NYC central park. She is an angel.

4. Tucker

Tucker Member

Thanks Jeff. I will read those links, and learn from them. Tucker has had a history of bouncing, but the last few days have been less so. Now I feel guilty not giving him his treats! It's 1 in the avro here and he hasn't had any food since brekkie at 6am. Should I give him a handful of the roasted chicken now? It won't mess with further testing (and should I keep testing?). I was actually hoping to get him to the point that he was stable in the lower blues before we go away, just to make life easier for Claire to deal with since she won't be around most days to retest.

JeffJ likes this.
  5. Tucker

Tucker Member

I haven't followed Ana until just recently and I see that Frosty has lots of medical challenges. I hope he pulls through this latest one and they can clear his lungs. I didn't know about how he was rescued but that explains "Frosty". She is truly amazing, what a huge heart!

JeffJ likes this.
  6. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

I would feed Tucker whatever he wants, since he is in mid-cycle. Just the normal rules. Stop feeding about 2 hours before PMPS testing. Otherwise let him pig out!

7. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Leo is bouncy too. Our little problem children! Leo ran real low yesterday so I had to reduce his PM dose, and he rewarded us with a bunch of high numbers as a result.

8. Tucker

Tucker Member

I just did a random +10 on Tucker since I was sitting here planning our trip online and he was taking a cat bath beside me. It came up 2.6. What do I do now?? @JeffJ @Bron and Sheba

9. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I’d give some h c gravy to get up over 3 (50) and retest in 20 mins. He’s earned a reduction of 0.25 units.

JeffJ likes this.
  10. Tucker

Tucker Member

Thank you. I've given him the food. He was purring so loudly as he wolfed it down that he choked on it for a second....now he is bathing himself and still purring.

JeffJ likes this.
  11. Tucker

Tucker Member

After the FF his BG went up to 4.6. He is still happy and bathing himself with some help from Teddy (who keeps trying to lick Tucker's ears).

JeffJ likes this.
  12. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Ok. Don’t feed him any more because you need 2 hours without food for PMPS. But I’d test him again in an hour after the last test to make sure he is not dropping back.

13. Tucker

Tucker Member

Ok, thank you! I'll post the results later.

14. Tucker

Tucker Member

+3.5 was back down to 3.8. It's almost 10pm and I'm wondering what is the best thing to do.

15. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Did you give him the reduced dose? The SS says 5 units was given.
    He was 72 at PMPS and 68 at +3 so not much difference.
    Because it is so early in the cycle and he is still low I would probably give him some more food to try and bring him up a bit. Not too much because you don't want to fill him up. If he drops lower you could give him some higher carb food to bring him up a bit more.
    I'm heading off to bed soon but I see @Bobbie And Bubba is around at the moment.

It could be a long night! I see a PJ party coming up!

16. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Patty, I'll peak in on you.

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  17. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Thanks Bobbie. My internet is very unreliable tonight. I also have to get up early in the am so am trying to get to bed at a reasonable hour .... something I am not good at doing!

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  18. Bobbie And Bubba

Hey Patty, any new test?
    ETA: I am going to exercise so I will circle back again in about 30 minutes; it looks like you are offline now.

If he is dropping still, you'll want to give him a bit more food. If he is staying about the same, I would give LC if he is dropping lower than 68, I would give him a little bit of MC since he hasn't hit nadir yet.

19. Tucker

Tucker Member

+5 was 3.1 (56). He's alert and asking for more food, lots of talking tonight.

20. Bobbie And Bubba

I would give some MC and keep his head above water.

Did you reduce this cycle? The SS says not. If you didn't definitely reduce next cycle.

ETA: And test again in 30 minutes.

21. Tucker

Tucker Member

Thank you. I don't know what MC is?

22. Bobbie And Bubba

Medium carb food. That would about 11% - 18% carb food.

23. Bobbie And Bubba

If you don't have any MC food if you have any FF food with gravy, you could mix a little bit of the gravy with his regular FF food to make MC food.

24. Tucker

Tucker Member

Ohhh, ok. I've never heard of medium carb food before, thank you for letting me know. I'll do it right now.

25. Bobbie And Bubba

I forgot to say to get another test 30 minutes after you gave the last food and post please.

26. Tucker

Tucker Member

His after MC test was 4.6 (83)

27. Bobbie And Bubba

Okay. I know it is getting late in Australia, but can you get one more test in? We need to make sure he isn't going to come down again. Usually, we say to get 2 more test 30 minutes apart without food so that we know they will stay safe the rest of the cycle.
    I suggested some MC because of it being later there so you could bump him up enough to get some sleep.

Here's what I thinking since it is early in the AM there, at the next test if it is the same or higher, I think you would be okay to call it a night since he is at the +7 mark.

28. Tucker

Tucker Member

Ok, I'm just killing time watching The Bachelor....desperate times at 12:30am.... I'll retest in another 10 minutes and report back.

29. Bobbie And Bubba

That is always my desperate watch show too. :rolleyes:

30. Bobbie And Bubba

Patty, are still awake? If you got another test, please post.

Okay, I see you got another test and he fell back some. You can give a bit more of the gravy to bump him up, if you haven't all ready.

And please reduce next cycle. He is really asking for that reduction.

31. Tucker

Tucker Member

Back to 3.1 (56). He just gave himself another bath, walked back and forth across my lap while I was typing giving me head boops. Now he is sleeping right under my elbow, purring his head off. He is seriously so happy and loving.

32. Bobbie And Bubba

You are going to need to get another test in since he is flirting with going under 50. I hope the Bachelor is still on :rolleyes:

33. Tucker

Tucker Member

Oh awesome... It's 1am and I have just started My Big Fat Greek Wedding....as you do on a Wednesday night?? Is 50 the magic number where you have to worry about a hypo?

34. Bobbie And Bubba

Yes, on a human meter, we use 50 for the "take action number"

Since it's late, you could be heavy handed with some more of the gravy from the HC food to abort the cycle if you can't stay up any longer.

ETA: But, you will need to get him UP and stay up, which is going to require you getting a few more test in to makes sure he doesn't fall back again.

My Big Fat Greek Wedding!! HA!

35. Bobbie And Bubba

Got another test, Patty?

36. Tucker

Tucker Member

4.7 (85). He's getting angry with all of the pokes tonight but afterwards he cuddles right up to me.

37. Bobbie And Bubba

How much MC food or gravy did you give last time to get him up to 85?

38. Bobbie And Bubba

I need to sign off and get my mom ready for some lunch. What a long a$$ day for you and Tucker.

If you need help with deciding on shooting the AMPS, put a ? mark on your title and ask for Dosing Advice ASAP. And remember to reduce to 4.5. :)

39. Tucker

Tucker Member

I gave him one tablespoon to get him up to 85. It's 2:30 here and I've switched to Hope Floats...less manic. I usually test in about 3.5 hours. Do you think it is safe for me to get a few hours of sleep?

40. Bobbie And Bubba

Get another test 30 mins from the last test. We have got to make sure he's going to stay up.

If he's the same or higher you should be safe to sleep a bit.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  41. Tucker

Tucker Member

4.4 (79). Very grumpy about being poked

42. Tucker

Tucker Member

4AM....just kill me.... 5.2 (94) and I'm going to bed for 2 hours. Thanks for the support!

43. Bobbie And Bubba

You my dear, are so dedicated!

Remember to reduce!

Kelly and Buddy likes this.
  44. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

Bobbie - you are such a great support and cheerleader!!

Bobbie And Bubba and Tucker like this.